This page women’s website “ToKnow365.top” devotes its readers, whose babies are born prematurely and who are interested in the question of how to properly care for the premature child at home.
In accordance with the regulations of the world health organization considered preterm children born in the period from 22 to 37 weeks of gestation with a weight of 2.5 kg.
Once the baby was born before 30 weeks, chances of survival were very low. Modern medical technologies allow to nurse even children’s 4-th degree of prematurity weighing less than a kilogram. In a hospital such baby is placed in a special warmer for a day, and doctors are constantly monitoring his health. After the baby he will learn to breathe and gain weight, he goes home, where care for him will be mostly mum.
As a rule, the first months of caring for a premature baby, all family members are many challenges that appear due to fears, lack of experience and accurate information about the features of the development of these babies.
Premature baby: physiology, development, care
A child born prematurely, outwardly very different from their peers born at term.
He is completely absent subcutaneous fat, so he looks very thin. Skin such crumbs very thin, wrinkled, almost completely covered with light fuzz. The premature baby’s head seems disproportionately large. Thin nails, soft tabs, located in the lower abdomen navel, smooth, without drawing hands and feet – all of this will change over time.
The baby will get stronger, grow up and apparently there will be absolutely no different from their peers.
The website sympaty.net found that much more dangerous to life and health of preterm infants are their physiological characteristics.
The care of premature babies at home must necessarily take into account all of the above physiological characteristics. If done properly the child will develop in accordance with the norm prescribed for premature babies.
The development of premature infants depends on what time they were born.
Usually, the first time such children lag behind full-term peers for 1-2 months. About six months no difference in psychomotor development of children early, and to year – in physical terms.
So the question is, how to care for a premature baby is likely to worry parents the first few months of life crumbs.
Care of premature baby at home
The first months after discharge from the hospital the baby is born prematurely, it is necessary to provide a comfortable temperature and complete isolation from any source of infection. The entire program of nursing of immature crumbs should consist of a few basic points.
- The temperature and humidity. In the room where it will be scarce, should be fairly warm – around +25⁰S. In addition, it is recommended to use a rubber pad wrapped with a towel or diaper, with a water temperature of +60⁰S. Two warmers to put on top of the bed on the left and right sides of the crumbs at a distance of a palm from him. One of the warmers should be placed under the blanket at the feet of the baby. This measure will not allow the child to freeze. The nursery should be aired not less than every three hours. Wet cleaning is needed on a daily basis. The humidity in the nursery should be approximately 50%. That this figure was easier to control, it is recommended to purchase a hygrometer and place it next to the crib of the baby at a height of 1.5 meters from the floor. Temperature regime is a major factor in the care of a premature child and is particularly important in the first month of life crumbs.
- Feeding. It is very important to feed a preterm baby breast milk because it provides all the necessary nutrients and protects from infection. Unlike full-term babies, immature kids should not feed on demand instead of every 3 hours. Night feeding should be carried out in the same mode that day. If the baby is asleep, let’s Wake him up for feeding, slightly poterebit ear or nose.
- Contact with the mother. The question of how to properly care for a premature baby, very important is its proximity with the mother. To early the baby is less ill and faster growing, it is recommended to refer to the so-called kangaroo. The method consists in placing the naked baby on the mother’s naked stomach, where partially covered by a warm blanket, he spends most of the day.
- Walk. Baby born weighing more than 1.5 kg, you can start to walk in 2 weeks after his birth. But only on the condition that the street will be warm weather with air temperatures not below +22⁰S. The first time you can walk no longer than 10 minutes. Every day, duration of walk can be increased to 5 minutes.
- Bathing. Speaking about how to care for a preemie, you cannot overlook the issue of hygiene. Children with a birth weight more than 1.5 kg allowed to bathe for approximately 10 days after birth. For bathing it is necessary to use only boiled water with a temperature of 38⁰S. In the room where you will bathe the baby, should be no colder 25⁰S. In the water the baby needs to be literally 4 minutes. After bathing, it must be quickly wrapped in a warm towel, gently blot his skin.
It is also very important to do the baby massage, to execute simple exercises. The mother who wants to care for a premature child, it is recommended to wear it on your hand, to talk to him, sing him songs.
Despite the fact that this kid apparently did not react, he feels and understands that this mother shows her affection.
And anyway, mom’s love is the most important moment in the care of a premature baby. If the mother will all my heart love your baby and believe that all of them will be good, soon everything will happen.
Author – Pelageja, site ToKnow365.top
Caring for a premature baby, the physiology and development