Our reader Eugene approached us with a request to tell more in detail about this newfangled way of hair care how to-the washing process. This English word (co-washing means washing your hair with conditioner.
Eugene writes: “About this method of washing hair balm say that it is a real salvation for women with unruly, curly or frizzy hair. Is it good this way?” Eugene, the site “Beautiful and Successful” gladly fulfills Your request and share what I managed to find in the vast anglonet ?
What is co-washing process?
A few dissonant for Russian ear the name comes from the English abbreviation conditioner washing, that is washing hair with conditioner instead of shampoo.
This method was invented by African American women, who, as we know, hair is dry, curly and unruly. And judging by the reviews, the vast majority of positive reviews just they or people with similar hair type.
It is believed that the co-washing process – solution to the problem of weak and thin hair, hair, exhausted color, the “chemistry” and constant heat styling, dry and sensitive scalp.
How to apply the method of co-washing process?
Yes, in General almost the same as to wash your hair with shampoo.
In General, the co-washing process can serve as an excellent addition to the regular procedures of hair care for people with chronically dry hair. If you are also the actual problem of dry hair, you might want to try co-washing process, for example, once a week, to see how to change the condition of your hair.
But using the procedure of the washing process, you need to be alert to not too wet hair! Figure waterlogged – your hair becomes gummy and sticky.
If you are not sure, do not overdo you with the co-washing process, here is a simple test. Take one hair and pull the ends in different directions. If the hair is stretched and twisted at the edges, you may want to take a break.
The pros and cons of co-washing process
In the Internet you can find rave reviews of those who have due to the washing process the hair become more soft, manageable and moisturized.
What advantages can boast of this procedure:
- Intense hydration for dry hair – in fact, for this co-washing process and came up with ?
- Reducing the harmful effects from daily shampooing. If you belong to people who are able to perform everyday feats only on a clean head, you might want to take co-washing process note. Many shampoos contain cleansing ingredients with hard effect (especially if you use a cheap shampoo, not a professional means).
- Another plus-washing process that you don’t need to buy in addition to shampoo expensive care. In General, the objective of any conditioning and is deep moisturizing.
But it is not that somewhere some pluses and no minuses. So then a few words about the shortcomings of this method.
- Co-washing process can significantly improve the condition of your hair, and to organize the chaos on your head. Intensive washing with conditioner can lead to weakening of hair and breakage. Therefore, it is important to carefully assess the condition of your hair before and after a few weeks of applying the method, and start using the procedure of the washing process once in a week.
- Because air conditioning is still not foam like shampoos, massage the head in order to bring it to a clean condition, and rinse the hair must be very carefully and longer than usual, what many people do not like.
- Some conditioners contain proteins, respectively, their enhanced use leads to protein overload. And she, in turn, to the hardness and brittleness of the hair. To avoid this, suitable for co-washing process to use different kinds of air conditioners and alternate them.
- Even if you use cheap conditioners, but practicing the procedure of the washing process several times a week, is expensivebecause the air conditioning must be applied to the entire length of hair and it ends faster.
So, let’s summarize. If your hair is normal, it makes no sense to overload their active substances contained in the air conditioner – you don’t do masks for hair and face every day?
But people initially having problems with the hair or suffering from excessive dryness, try co-washing process.
But don’t do it too often and to monitor the condition of the hair and scalp.
If you see changes for the better, they will be able to choose for themselves the best mode of application of the washing process.
The author – Mama Puma, site ToKnow365.top
Reproduction of this article is prohibited!
Co-washing process: do I need to wash my hair with conditioner?