How to cook dumplings? How to use fillings and how to cook them properly? How to make juicy dumplings? When it comes to this dish, questions arise incredibly much. Today we will answer each of them and tell you how to cook dumplings in the steamer.
1.5 hours. 4 portieren complexity
Many Housewives think manta rays close relatives of Russian dumplings, only bigger. And cook them the same way. In fact, in common dumplings and dumplings a little. It is sufficient to prepare one according to the classic recipe, and you will see for yourself.
Manti is very popular in Central Asia. They are part of the usual diet of the inhabitants of Turkey and Pakistan. But originally this dish is from China and is the Chinese translation of the dialect word “mantou” means “bread for a couple”.
Preparation of the mantle does not tolerate haste. Many professional cooks speak of this dish as a philosophy. Finely chop the meat with a knife (that cut!), adhere to the technology of modeling and, finally, boil the dumplings for a couple — all of this requires patience. If you have it, as well as the desire to learn how to cook this amazing dish correctly, we suggest you to familiarize with the technology, how to cook dumplings: recipe in a double boiler.
Manti recipe in a double boiler
To prepare dumplings according to the classic recipe you’ll need.
For the dough:
- flour -200 g
- water — 100 ml
- egg — 1 PC.;
- salt — 1 tsp.
For the filling:
- fresh fat mutton — 300 g
- fat-tailed fat — 30 g,
- onion — 8-9 heads
- peppers — red and black,
Method of preparation
Few secrets of making dumplings
- Start cooking the dough, because he always needed to “rest” before modeling. So you will save time.
- The dough recipe for dumplings requires a long and thorough mixing. Largely because of this on the East manti considered a dish only for men cooking. Crease the dough as long as possible. The more time you spend, the more delicate will be the flavor of the dish.
- The classic filling for dumplings should be fat, include a lot of onions and spices. Of course, there are interpretations of fillings for Mantes, and today you can try this dish with the addition of pork, beef, cheese, pumpkin or even fruits. In the classic recipe the meat needs to be lamb (definitely fat and if fat there’s little need to increase the volume conciege fat).
- The total volume of the bow should exceed the amount of meat in half. Thanks to manta (recipe in a double boiler) and receive your unique taste.
- For preparation of minced meat and fat necessary to finely chop. Set aside the meat grinder. If you think that the taste of the product will not change from how you grind meat, you are mistaken. When ground meat in a meat grinder it loses up to 60% juice and its fibers are deformed so that keep the remaining juices in the cooking process the meat can not. A classic recipe for the dumplings in the steamer (before they were replaced buntovnici) provides just meats. This, by the way, you can take note of and to prepare other meat dishes.
- The thickness of the dough after rolling should be sufficient for boiling the juice of the filling during cooking not turned out. So don’t try too hard with passing. But thick the dough should not stay.
In conclusion, be sure to look how to cook real Uzbek manti.
Dumplings, cooked on the classic recipe, are quite a caloric dish. So it is not recommended to use too often, or to include in the diet for people suffering from metabolic disorders and with the extra weight. However, sometimes to treat yourself and loved ones this dish is not only possible, but necessary! After preparing dumplings steamed, and therefore can be offered for lunch.
If exactly follow our recipe, you will understand what in fact manta rays are different from the dumplings. And on your table there will be a new, incredibly delicious dish. Believe me, the efforts undertaken for its preparation, are worth it!
Delicious and juicy dumplings: recipe in a double boiler