Imagine: you study art, and every lesson you show… how to paint the fence. You do not see the works of the masters, do not discuss their creative techniques, do not try to do ourselves. The fence you will paint well. But if I can love art? So it is with mathematics. Our children are taught the basics of it in the age of five, getting ready for school. Here are just a few consider the solution of examples and problems from textbooks in mathematics fun.
Why school mathematics is boring?
- Because you have to sit silently and listen, not to discuss.
- Because it does not always work.
- Because the lesson all the same.
- Because it is not always clear “who” it is and “why”.
- Because there are classes more interesting.
Fortunately, the child’s lack of interest in school mathematics – a temporary situation, which will help to fix interesting problems in mathematics. Game flow, non-standard logical tasks can captivate a child, infecting him with the desire to think and reason.
“The Humanities don’t need math”
“Think of it, math! I have a child, or a humanist,” the shrug some parents and lead the child in English classes or in a music school.
The “uselessness” of mathematics, if the child has no innate thrust to it, is a very common misconception.
Why mathematical knowledge and skills needed by all?
Math solves practical problems.
- Mathematics develops thinking (including custom), memory, perseverance and concentration.
- Increasingly, mathematics is connected with other Sciences, interdisciplinary connections, and in any professional field of mathematical methods used for analysis.
Scientists from Duke University in the US found that solving mathematical problems helps to maintain mental health and thus makes us happier. The results of this study were published in the journal “Clinical psychology” (October 6, 2016). Monitoring volunteers (questionnaire and brain scans) have shown that during the solution of mathematical problems included areas of our brain responsible for emotional self-regulation. A lover of mathematics less sensitive to emotional experiences, experiences from them less stress.
But if the Olympics?
For example, you’re in luck: your child loves math and is interested in her. He brings five of the schools and to cope with homework on their own. Things are going so well that the teacher sends the child to the Olympics in mathematics, and there is complete confusion, because such (non-standard, logical, “the star”) tasks the child is not met, deal with them simply can not. To hang the label “not given” and be content with successful learning?
Interesting logic – the 3 in 1 solution
For the development of “thinking” skills of the child interesting logical and mathematical problems better than anything else.
- The child finds math boring? Performing games, entertaining tasks, he will love math and will ask for more to solve the problem.
- Child – humanist? Entertaining mathematics will be a challenge to his ability to think and reason, will show how logical methods are used in solving everyday tasks and problems. You will be surprised that in fact the child has ability in mathematics, the secret is in the correct approach.
- The interest is there, but the child is afraid of the tasks with asterisk? Set of logic and lateral thinking will help to achieve success at the Olympics.
Entertaining math and logic LogicLike.com help!
When children solve non-standard tasks, they work to overcome obstacles. However, as during music lessons, sports, chess child in a mild form learns to “take the heat”. Children with a habit to approach tasks without fear and uncertainty, and cope better with the training of the control works, tests and various exams. Solving mathematical and logical problems must and can and should be an interesting and exciting process:
- aggressively solving problems of high complexity, which are not solved “on the fly”, the child learns to feel pleasure from overcoming intellectual excitement;
- collaboration with peers the solution of logical problems teaches friendly interaction and teamwork;
- home occupation an entertaining math – it is an occasion for parents to spend time with the child, while joint pleasure and benefit.
“Announce the entire list, please!”
Entertaining tasks in mathematics and logic, a great many. The child can play in the “Sherlock Holmes” – to determine where the truth lies and where, to analyze sequences and identify patterns. He tries on the profession of architect, solving tasks on spatial thinking, the seller in the store – “weighing” the various items. Even a pirate may no longer be determining which coins to put in the trunk. If the child is not interested in an kind of job you can offer him other options, it is important to not only the gaming aspect, but the usability tasks, the applicability of decisions in real life. Learning to divide the “undivided” cake into desired number of parts using the task, the child will be happy to tell my mom the decision at a children’s party or family feast.
Entertaining mathematics causes the child’s curiosity, instilling in him a love of “thinking”, self-solving not only mathematical, but also tasks of life and, of course, comprehensively contributes to his mental development. Such are the tasks and successfully solve a modern children’s educational website Logicly – best educational media project of the year competition “Runet Award 2017”, the contest “Positive content”.
Статья предоставлена сайтом