The topic of today’s article on the website “ToKnow365.top” will be… egg shells. It would seem that about her, can you not know? Many believe that egg shell is an ideal source of natural calcium.
Certainly, some of us even added it in powder form in food to compensate for the amount of this useful trace element in the body. But is it really?
So, the eggshell benefits and harms, the subtleties of preparation for use and proper technique — find out more.
Egg shell: the main structure
First, the eggshell is known as a source of calcium, and it really contains more than 90% of this needed by the body trace element.
The main benefit of it — in the presence of calcium carbonate, which is in principle absorbed by the body than common calcium chloride is used often in medicines.
In addition, the composition of the solid shell of the egg is very similar to the structure of our bones and therefore the calcium from it metabolized almost completely, not putting off in the kidneys and not being washed away from the body.
The remaining 10% of the composition discharged to other minerals eggshell — the source of about 30 known elements of the periodic table. This iron and copper, fluoride and zinc, potassium and magnesium, manganese and molybdenum, phosphorus and sulphur, silicon and boron and many other trace elements, which will harm our body.
With all this egg shell is completely non-nutritive (caloric value close to zero), this means that it can be used as biologically active additive to food.
So, with the squad we have read and the website below sympaty.net will consider more detailed the theme “eggshell: benefits and harms”.
Eggshell on its unique composition gives a lot to our body, and that is its main benefit.
- It is a source of easily digestible calcium. Daily rate this item for an adult is around 800-1000 milligrams, and for this amount you need to eat 1 kilogram of cheese a day or drink a half liter of milk that is physically very few people manage. But the eggshell will give you 1000 milligrams of calcium in quantities of only a teaspoon!
- The biggest benefit is in strengthening teeth and bones, prevention of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, used as a source of calcium in case of deficit in children (it is recommended to give her up to 6 years old), adolescents in the period of active growth, pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- A recent study of American scientists proved that a huge benefit of powder from the shell of the eggs is that it stimulates the bone marrow, in particular, activates its hematopoietic function.
- Egg shells can also deduce from an organism radionuclides — special radioactive substances that may cause irreparable harm to our health.
- Use it well and that it helps children with the development of rickets and even anemia (anemia) — eggshell is recommended in such cases as a Supplement to food on a regular basis.
- Egg powder is a source of trace elements, which positively affect the entire gastrointestinal tract and it can cure even gastritis and ulcer.
- A positive effect of egg shell on the skin in allergic dermatitis (urticaria), and also disinfect wounds and scratches, and accelerates their healing.
But, in addition, it has undoubted benefits, eggshells can still cause some harm to our body. Disadvantages, of course, less than advantages, but this information should not be neglected.
- Too much calcium is harmful for our body: the formation of sand and stones in kidneys, suffer muscles, may result from harm to the blood vessels (they will narrow due to the deposition of calcium on the walls).
- Contraindications for cancer. If the body has some kind of tumor (malignant), the use of powder egg will only harm.
- Infection with Salmonella. This is possible in cases where you fail to comply with precise recommendations for the preparation of the powder. Besides, it is recommended to use chicken eggs, but not other birds.
How to cook egg powder?
Cook it very simple — you can do it in several stages.
How to take eggshell?
As we said above, the daily amount of calcium for an adult is 800-1000 milligrams. Children up to 6 years is enough 500-600 milligrams, adolescents 1000-1200. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should take in about 1200-1400 milligrams of calcium per day.
In a standard teaspoon of milled fine powder of the eggshell contains about 800-1000 milligrams of calcium — this parameter pushes, when you compute its norm.
Children and adolescents, and women during pregnancy and lactation can take egg shells year-round. To everyone else it is best to make the course of treatment — 30 to 60 days, after which to take a break, to not manifested hypercalcemia — excess calcium in the body.
It is best to take calcium by adding it to foods that contain fat and amino acids. The ideal in this respect, natural plant oils (unrefined), oily fish, milk or sour cream. You can eat a spoonful of the powder separately, but then you should mix it with vegetable oil.
Today, the Internet can be ordered in hollow capsule of gelatin. They are filled with egg powder and eat 2-3 capsules a day is very convenient.
Well, now you know what good and what harm can bring us the egg shell, and you can decide for yourself whether to accept it.
Author – Tatiana Maltseva, site ToKnow365.top
Eggshell benefits and harms of how to cook and eat