Very often, women who go on repeated cesarean section, the doctors will offer to do the sterilization. This is one of the methods of voluntary surgical contraception, briefly referred to as dkhs (voluntary surgical sterilization), which guarantees the highest, almost 100% protection against unwanted pregnancy.
Female sterilization is very popular in the West and finds more and more supporters with us. The essence of the method lies in the fact that the sperm stop, blocking the way to the egg, which he must pass through the fallopian tubes, therefore, fertilization does not occur.
About what age is allowed sterilization of women, how is this operation reversible if it is, what kind of feedback it has from those who have done it, and how it affects health and the influence of sterilization on sexual desire – let’s talk today on the women’s website “ToKnow365.top“.
Who can do sterilization?
Interesting is the fact that different countries have different approaches to the question of what age can do sterilization woman?
For example in Belarus and Ukraine this procedure allowed women (by the way, the citizens of the state and visitors) 18 years, regardless of the number of children in Sweden – with 25, but in Russia there are nuances.
In Chapter 6, article 57 of the Federal law of Russia “About bases of health protection of citizens in the Russian Federation”, which entered into force on 1 January 2012, stated, who can have a sterilization.
- This procedure as a method of contraception is for both men and women with their written statements, if their age is over 35 years old or those citizens who already have two or more children.
- In cases of medical indications (consist of a separate list) sterilization is performed, regardless of age or number of children.
- Illegal performance of sterilization entails criminal liability.
We have in 50% of cases sterilization is performed immediately after birth, if they took place by caesarean section.
It should again be noted that in Russia, the sterilization of women is carried out only with the voluntary consent of the woman, with her written application and preliminary consultation where you tell us what is female sterilization, the pros and cons of this method.
The woman may refuse to undergo sterilization if she has medical contraindications, which include:
- acute gynecologic inflammatory diseases
- adhesive disease
- umbilical hernia
- problems with blood clotting
- obesity, etc.
How to conduct dkhs?
If sterilization of the woman do not after cesarean section (in this case, you already have free access to the uterine tubes), and planning, to the venue operations picked up in several ways, resorting to such technologies:
- conventional surgery – the “old way” when there is an incision of the suprapubic region. Now this method is not practiced.
- laparoscopic surgery – punctures are made in the abdomen through which sterilized. This is the most common method today.
- coloscopies operation through the vagina.
Each species has its own consequences: after conventional surgery remains the scar, if laparoscopy is barely noticeable scars from punctures, which become invisible when calidoscopio – no sign.
Female sterilization is performed under General or local anesthesia on an outpatient basis, depending on the chosen method.
After the ingestion takes place directly sterilizing procedure. It is done in several ways:
- ligation tubal ligation – ligation,
- contraction and dissection (excision) of a certain portion of the fallopian tubes by a special baffle rings, clamps, tongs, clips with a further separation of the ends of the fallopian tubes.
- by coagulation – “sealing” portion of the pipe using a laser or electrosurgical tool.
Thus, operations vary according to the method of operation and the method of separation of the fallopian tubes. We won’t go into the details of each method. We only note one thing: most often today, sterilization is performed using laparoscopy by dissection of the fallopian tubes – this method dkhs is considered the most reliable.
Female sterilization can be combined with caesarean, as we have said, or is held in the second phase of the menstrual cycle. After natural childbirth this operation can be done after 2 months.
That changes after sterilization?
Difference female sterilization? The effects are psychological and physiological in nature.
Sometimes the reviews about the sterilization of saying that women can’t cope with the feeling of emptiness and even consider themselves to some extent defective.
- “The husband insisted on sterilization. We already have 2 kids, said that you need at least these on their feet. He’s against abortion, and the pill didn’t suit me. Other methods are not considered. After surgery feel some kind of empty inside. It’s hard to accept that I won’t be able to have children – EVER!”
- “I sterilization done by laparoscopy. The first days felt a little sore inside, were dry mouth, and there was some sense of spiritual emptiness. Especially added fuel to the fire roommate who told all sorts of horror about what those friends, and other children died, and more than they have failed. After about a week my mood returned to normal, my husband is very supportive. Said if you really want more children, you can adopt. I’m happy.”
Many are interested in the effect of female sterilization on hormonal balance? In particular, can come early menopause or occur any failures in the menstrual cycle? Experts answer is unequivocal: “No. Sterilization can not cause disruptions in the hormonal system”.
This operation is aimed at interference in the work of the fallopian tubes, and they do not produce hormones. This function is performed by the ovaries. Here the intervention in the ovaries causing hormonal changes.
After sterilization , the ovulation persists, menstruation occurs, PMS will not disappear. Besides all this, the woman retained the ability to artificial fertilization, because the egg continue to stand out.
Female sterilization: implications
Given the fact that the sterilization of women is consensual and refers to the virtually irreversible method to restore reproductive functions, special importance is given to counselling where the client explain in detail what is female sterilization, both for and against this method of contraception. Objective information geared to help make the right and deliberate decision.
Definitely a woman I must inform you that:
- You can pick up other methods of contraception, including male sterilization is a less hazardous procedure.
- Sterilization is performed by surgery and as a result, with all the possible consequences of the postoperative period. Inside a woman may feel bruised, sometimes there are bruises that resolve. Also during the operation there is a risk to hurt and damage internal organs, if sterilization is performed as a usual surgery.
- Upon successful completion of the sterilization a woman can not conceive naturally. The restoration of the function of procreation is effectively equal to zero. Approximately 3% of women who have undergone sterilization in the future, wish to regain their fertility. The causes are diverse and successful re-marriage, change in social status and, unfortunately, not excluded the death of a child. Although modern advances in microsurgery enable to allow the reversibility of this operation, but it is very difficult and complex process, which does not always lead to the desired result. The success of the inverse procedure depends on the technique carried out sterilization, the time that has passed since its implementation and other factors.
- After sterilization there is a risk of ectopic pregnancy.
Female site sympaty.net emphasizes that sterilization a woman can refuse at any time.
The cost of the operation
Sterilization is considered to be a costly procedure, but it does not require costs for protection in the future, as other methods of contraception — this is its advantage. How much is the sterilization of women: the price primarily depends on the method of operation, as well as country, region, city, clinic, experience of the specialist, and many other factors.
In Russia, the price ranges from 15 000 to 21 000 and above, in Ukraine – from UAH 1000.
One of the methods of contraception, which is causing a special treatment, both by physicians and women is considered female sterilization, and reviews on how to treat her women, you can read below.
- “I want to say (as many ask) that sterilization did not affect sex. My feelings I lose, on the contrary, became more relaxed, because I know that this method reliably will protect me.”
- “The procedure, according to my doctor, harmless to the female body. Ovum released into abdominal cavity. With a strong desire, their “catch” to make child in a test tube.”
- “About the fact that Ukraine is doing everything, even women from Russia, learned personally over the phone. Said to turn. Even I wanted to join doctor for advice immediately.”
- “My roommate was laparoscopic sterilization. She had surgery in the morning, in the evening she had “felt like a man,” almost home sick.”
- “I was offered sterilization after the second caesarean. Said third uterine scar, in case if would be pregnant again, can be dangerous. I do not agree. There are also other methods.”
- “My experience is sad. She voluntarily signed his own death warrant, as a woman. Pregnancy and childbirth proceeded without complications. Before the second Caesar, written for voluntary sterilization. It did. But…my girl 19 hours after birth died. I am very sorry that has taken this step. Girls, if you want to do, I think. And I’m only ECO shines. And well, if successful.”
- “I refused sterilization, although the doctor recommended very strongly, arguing that I’m 32, have 2 children, the third is unlikely to come. I do not agree. Don’t like to do “irreversible thing”, especially to intervene in the workings of your body with all sorts of dressings tubes and their excision.”
In one of the British clinics today its clients are ready to offer a new service – “Express-sterilization” in just 10 minutes. So a woman came out from work at lunchtime, blocked fallopian tubes, you will understand how substance — no scars, no scars. Even partner, if need be, didn’t know about it! And that 10 minutes could be unweighted and a hasty decision taken in a hurry, you can wipe out all chances of having a baby, few people think.
If you’ve considered other forms of birth control: male sterilization, hormonal preparations, barrier contraception, spermicides, which we described earlier, and just decided that the sterilization of women as a method of contraception that suits you more, then do. But still not forget that even modern medicine does not always omnipotent to restore reproductive functions, and life situations, as they often say negative reviews about the sterilization of women, come in all sorts.
The author – Julia Spiridonova, site ToKnow365.top
Female sterilization is allowed, how is