Up to 8% of children worldwide do not perceive a particular product and suffer from food allergies. Especially susceptible to the disease, the firstborn. The difficulty lies in the diagnosis of disease and the search for the factor provocateur (allergen). Especially in the case of infants: here the symptoms are often confused with symptoms of other ailments. How to recognize and treat food allergies in young patients?
A condition where the body is acute (in other words, “inadequately”) responds to any external factors, is called Allergy. Allergens can be everything that surrounds people at home, at work, in nature. This dust, chemicals, animals, flowers and of course the food. Recorded even cases of inadequate response to sunlight, electricity and wi-fi.
Whether to blame mom’s menu
Allergic to grocery components — the most common and dangerous. And most often an acute reaction to food is observed in children, and is considered a major allergen protein found in cow’s milk.
It is no coincidence that the traditional diet of women during pregnancy and lactation is composed of many “impossible.” Mothers are forbidden to eat oranges, strawberries, chocolate and other foods with allergens. Why? This is done to prevent development of food Allergy in children. Now, however, not all pediatricians to endorse this approach.
Some research suggests that complete elimination of foods with allergens from the diet of pregnant and lactating women is impossible. Such restrictions, on the contrary, increase the risk of developing the disease. Because otherwise the child’s organism gets used to the contact with them? Therefore, the doctors of the current generation allowed a healthy moms culinary liberties. And I advise you to try everything, but only a little.
Why the child has a negative reaction to the food
In addition to the mother’s diet, there are many other possible reasons for the development of the child’s allergic reaction to food. The predisposition may be transmitted to the child “inherited”. Doctors say that if one parent is allergic, the risk of developing the disease the baby is about 30%. In the case when such features of the immune system there dad and mom, the likelihood increases up to 70%.
What other factors can cause problems with the perception of certain foods?
- Illness during pregnancy. For example, the so-called “late toxicity”. Preeclampsia is fraught with intrauterine oxygen starvation of the fetus. Also cause food allergies the baby may become infection, which the mother was treated with antibiotics.
- Insufficient amount of enzymes. Newborns have not yet debugged work of the gastrointestinal tract. In particular, the body is unable to produce sufficient enzymes needed for the digestion of protein, carbohydrates and fats.
- Immature microflora and the intestines. What food molecules remain undigested and enter the blood. The body perceives it as a threat and produces antibodies. Therefore, at the next contact with the same particle will be an automatic defensive reaction, which is outwardly manifested allergic.
- Ecology and lifestyle. The risk increases also in connection with adverse environmental conditions in which the family lives. That is why cases of allergies often fixed in urban residents than in rural areas. Failures in the immune system crumbs explain the fact that the mother smoked during pregnancy.
- An incorrect diet. In some cases experts still associate a food Allergy crumbs with improper diet of the mother during lactation. For example, a woman too fond of dairy products, nuts or red fish. Such foods may appear in the table of lactating women, no sooner than three to four months after birth. And then gradually, gradually and after consultation with the doctor-curator.
Doctors say that children Iskusstvennyi more prone to food allergic reactions. Especially if they are fed non-adapted mixtures, whole milk cows. Generally, pediatricians called breastfeeding — the best prevention of this and other ailments. Assuming of course that the mother controls her own menu.
How to manifest food allergies in a child
It is not just unpleasant feature of the body. This disease is life-threatening. And it is important to notice its appearance, especially in children. The reaction occurs not only on the skin. Suffers and gastro-intestinal tract. Here are the most common signs that may indicate the immune response to a food allergen:
- angioedema (lips, cheeks, neck increases in size, it’s hard to breathe);
- nausea and vomiting;
- constipation or diarrhea;
Children with fish allergies angioedema may develop not only as a result of the use of the allergen in the food. The probable reaction even while in the room where recently butchered fish. It is therefore imperative at the first signs of the disease as quickly as possible to be diagnosed, to identify the allergen and completely avoid contact of the patient with him.Dangerous products and alternative food
Basically the child’s body responds to proteins. One of the most common allergens are cow’s milk protein. Sensitivity to the protein in this product detect 85% of babies with allergies.
The second incidence of the allergen are chicken eggs. Often there is an Allergy to peanuts, nuts, fish, soy and cereals, honey. Below is a table that lists the threat from the point of view of developing food allergies food.
Menu child diagnosed with a food Allergy, you must check with your doctor. Usually children first year of life appoint special mixtures based on partially split cow protein or casein, a dairy-free porridge and fruit purée (hypoallergenic). Moms who are still feeding, I advise you to revise the diet and cross out all even a little bit of potentially hazardous food.
Even if the child was diagnosed with a reaction not to food, but plants still need a special approach to diet. Because there is cross-Allergy. For example, the kid who usually suffers from pollen, field grasses, can be covered with spots, using cereals. The same connection between ambrosia and melon, watermelon. And birch has something in common with carrots, celery, hazelnuts, Apple.Treatment and rational choice of drugs
The Allergy treatment precedes diagnosis. The most important thing is to identify the allergen and avoid contact with him. This will probably have to take skin tests, undergo immunological studies on antibodies and maintain detailed diary of food crumbs.
How to be diagnosed for food allergies. What is important to know every mom about allergic diseases? The answers to these questions can be obtained by looking at the detailed video review on the subject prepared by the company Informed. It contains current recommendations from the best specialists of the industry.
Of course, food allergies can not be left without treatment. Because the disease can progress and even lead to the death of a child. Patients are required to appoint antihistamines, chelators and other drugs.
Unfortunately, such a set of drugs may cost “a pretty penny”. For example, one package of modern antihistamines can cost from 400 to 1000. But you can save considerably, if you pick up medicines at the online help of Informed. This resource allows you to conveniently find the great price offers, which give pharmacies.
Food Allergy in children: symptoms, treatment and available drugs in the service of Informed