In Ancient Egypt green beans were not only used in cooking, but in cosmetology and folk medicine. Once in Europe in the 16th century, this plant was perceived as decorative. And only 200 years later, cooks began to add green beans to various dishes.
Today beans, the benefits and harms of which has long been widely used for the preparation of these culinary masterpieces.
The website “ToKnow365.top” will tell you about all the good and bad properties of this plant.
Beans belongs to the legume family. It is called green, asparagus or sugar beans.
The main feature of the vegetable the ability to absorb harmful and toxic substances from the environment. It is considered one of harmless cultures.
What are the benefits and harms of green beans?
Despite all these beneficial properties, green beans can cause harm to the body. The website sympaty.net will tell you who the green beans is contraindicated.
- Like all cultures of the legume family, the green beans can cause flatulence. Elderly people with digestive problems should at least include in your menu this product.
- If there are problems in the stomach or gut, such as colitis, gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, cholecystitis, it is better to refrain from drinking culture.
- Rare “guest” at the table, the beans must be and at such diseases as nephritis and gout.
- Improperly cooked beans can also harm the body. The fact that the vegetable contains the toxic substance teasin. Only long-term heat treatment (about 1.5 hours) will help to destroy it.
- Do not forget about the individual intolerance of the product.
Green bean in stores can be found in winter, but in the off-season it is expensive, but the quality of the product we can only guess. Therefore, many Housewives are stockpiling beans in summer or autumn.
Frozen green beans retains all the benefits and harms of the product. Vegetables cut into small pieces and freeze in bags or containers.
Beans and can be canned. Marinated green beans will not only garnish, but also a good snack. It is also suitable for the preparation of various salads.
How to choose green beans?
From fresh beans should be a rich green color and dense crunchy pod. It should be easy to break in half.
Overripe beans hard, and in taste it is inferior to the young pod. The dark color of the frozen product indicates that the storage vegetable. Such beans can give only an upset stomach.
Green beans when cooked appropriately, is the most delicious and nutritious product. Serve it with meat and fish.
And how many vitamins!
But it is not necessary to forget and about the negative properties of the product. Beans, the benefits and harms which we discussed in this article can be a source of vitality and strength, especially if you know to cook it and be careful at his hand.
The author – Nadezhda Stepanova, site ToKnow365.top
Green beans: the benefits and harms