Water birth today are subject to many discussions among physicians and scientists, however, the accumulated positive foreign and domestic experience still speaks in favor of this method.
Vaginal birth, no need for anesthesia and stimulation of the generative process, convenient for mothers provision and other positive aspects could not fail to attract our attention. And because women’s website “ToKnow365.top” gathered all the necessary information about water birth and today tell their readers about how to pass a water birth and how they affect the condition of the mother and child.
Why water helps with the delivery?
The birth process is painful enough; the water is a great analgesic. Deep in the pool, a pregnant woman doesn’t feel your body: water, lifting her, supporting her bones and muscles.
Birth under water is good, first and foremost, the fact that the water women are much easier to find a comfortable position and relax. Once this happens, a painful inner tension is released and the pain stops.
The deeper a woman is immersed in the water, the more relax the muscles of the back, hips, abdomen and genital tract.
The mother feels calm and relaxed, such as, first, transmitted to the child; second, a positive effect on his health; in the third place, makes his “coming out” softer.
In water it is easier to give birth because immersion in water affects the body as a constant massage that continuously stimulates the skin receptors. In the result of pain signals almost completely overlap pleasant sensations.
Being in a warm relaxing bath, the new mother perceives the contractions as waves.
Besides, in the water it can take most comfortable position in which contractions will cause the least discomfort. Being free from internal stress, a woman is able to listen to your body and follow your instincts that is the nature took care of it – will help her safely resolved from burden.
How can you give birth in the water and where?
There are several variants of the flow of a water birth:
- in the water the mother is only during labor, but before the attempts goes “on the land” (this will save the open vessels of the uterus against ingress of water and possible infection);
- the whole process of childbirth, except for the birth of the placenta takes place in the water.
The successful course of a water birth will be possible, with certain important requirements:
- the water temperature is 36.5-37°C, to avoid overheating or overcooling of the body of the mother and fetal compromise;
- bath depth (pool) – from 60 cm, length 220 cm;
- a mandatory training course for water deliveries;
- uncomplicated pregnancy;
- a home birth in water require the mandatory presence of an experienced obstetrician.
Water birth can take place at home surrounded by loved ones and in the hospital. At least in our country and not welcome alternative childbirth today, in many large cities there are maternity hospitals equipped with special pools or tubs for water births.
Despite the attractiveness of having to give birth in the tub at home, where, as you know, and walls help, Sympaty.net recommends to think carefully about where to give birth, because at any moment you may need urgent medical treatment, and when water births in the hospital, such assistance will be provided immediately.
What are the benefits of a water birth for the baby?
Being born, the child is exposed to big for him to stress that is associated with a sudden change of everything that surrounded him until now. This change of temperature, pressure, gravity, sound, light.
Water is a great transitional environment, because the child was also located in the aquatic environment – the amniotic fluid.
Children born in water, do not get a sharp oxygen and gravity of impact, and the short time that the child is under water with his mother, allows him to “prepare” for a new life. Thanks for such a smooth replacement of one habitat to another child’s brain experiences less load.
Cons of a water birth
Have a water birth so many advantages for mother and child that it seems they have no flaws. In fact it is not.
The risk in childbirth is always there no matter where they are: in water or on land.
- Sterility. To achieve it in the water much more difficult, which may lead to infections for both mother and child. But since birth in warm water are a natural process and not an operation, a large role is played by the mother’s immunity. Of course, if it the entire pregnancy spent in greenhouses, not worth the risk.
- Water ingress into the vessels of the uterus. The probability of this is if water birth is quite large. That is why once the baby until that moment, until the placenta is born, mothers need to land.
- Giving birth to a baby in water, in the case of uterine bleeding would be difficult to notice a great loss of blood. And failure to help when there is abundant blood loss may end tragically for the woman.
- Water birth at home like a normal home birth, when unfavorable course may require urgent medical assistance, which the house, even in the presence of a skilled attendant during childbirth, is often impossible.
We do not recommend water birth?
In the water can give birth only perfectly healthy women, pregnancy which occurs without complications.
Doctors do not give permission for such deliveries to women with preeclampsia, fetal hypoxia and other complications. Pelvic fetal position, large fruit, marginal placenta previa, narrow pelvis, pathology of cardiovascular system in mothers and other diseases at the discretion of the doctor are contraindications for a water birth.
Sympaty.net told women giving birth in water. It only remains to add that the decision on water birth you can’t take at the last moment: throughout pregnancy to these genera need to seriously prepare, not theoretically, but practically.
The author – Tatiana konopacka, site ToKnow365.top
How are birth in the water?