New silverware always look bright and spectacular. No matter whether it is jewelry, flatware or any other accessories.
However, over time, all silver things start to fade and darken. That’s why every woman once you specify the actual question — how to bleach the silver?
Why silver is beginning to darken?
It is important for you to know how to whiten blackened silver? First and foremost, you need to understand why it darkens. The fact that not all silver products are covered by black masses of equally intense. And all because of their dimness depends on some external factors.
- If silver is stored in a high humidity environment, often in contact with moist skin or water, it starts to get dark faster.
- Silver blacken intensified in the result of interaction with sulfur, which is a popular component of many cosmetic products. If your body lotion is sulfur, then cleaned from the blackening of chains and bracelets more often.
- Much stronger, darker subjects with a low percentage of silver in its composition. The least oxidized 925-th test, the content of silver which is 92.5%.
- Many things made of silver covered with rhodium film, which gives it Shine and prevents oxidation. However, after about 5 years since the use of rhodium is erased, and the silver is starting to get dark and dim.
How to bleach the silver?
You want to know how you can whiten your silver? Before you start whitening, you need to clear the relevant items from dirt and grease. It is enough to just put them in soapy water.
In the case of very old dirt, you can wipe the devices and accessories brush. And then go directly to the fight against stains.
The website sympaty.net offers you the most effective ways to lighten silver jewelry. You will be left only to choose the one that you think is the most convenient and affordable.
- Tooth powder. This tool to this day can be found in most pharmacies. Just RUB the silver powder with a soft fleecy cloth.
- Ammonia and water. If the question is, what can whiten your silver at home, relevant to you, then this recipe will be useful. Mix ammonia with water in a ratio of one to ten. Place your silver jewelry in the liquid. To return them to the previous brightness, it can take from 15 minutes to an hour depending on the duration and intensity of oxidation. Looking at the state of silver in the process of clarification, not to keep the product in solution more than is really required.
- Soda and water. Mix the soda with water to form a homogeneous slurry. Apply the slurry to the product, carefully wipe the silver thing with a soft cloth.
- A mixture of salt, soda, water and detergent for dishes. Take a liter of water and add a tablespoon of each of the above components. Fold the silver jewelry in an aluminum pan, pour the solution and put on fire. Let the liquid boil for about half an hour. Don’t forget to follow the result.
- Water from under cooked eggs. Are you interested in how to whiten a chain of silver? Then pay attention to this tool. Boil some eggs and then remove them from the water and let it cool to lukewarm. Place the silver into the water for about an hour. After this time you will be surprised the result.
How to prevent darkening of silver jewelry?
You now know very well how to bleach the silver in the home. But if for the corresponding items to take care of properly, the cleaning procedures should be resorted to very rarely. That is why it is important to know the basic secrets that help to prevent darkening of silver items.
- If your silver gets wet, hurry to wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid contact of silver jewelry with the skin in hot and stuffy weather.
- Remove rings and bracelets if you wash dishes. Do not take silver jewelry in the shower, do not use them in the pool or on the beach.
- Set it aside all of your silver jewelry during the use of cosmetic products for skin care.
- Store silver items in a dry place. If you use them infrequently, then the best solution is to wrap the appropriate thing in foil. So you will be able to avoid them Browning.
Thus, do not worry, if your favorite silver products began to fade. After all, you now know how to bleach the silver from the black. Appropriate procedures will not take much time and does not require much effort. As a result you will surely be satisfied.
The author – Tamara Belchenko, site ToKnow365.top
How to bleach the silver?