Choose a vet that will deal with the health of a pet is as much important task as the choice of a doctor for humans. Among many private and public hospitals to choose the one that will take care of your pet – tell website “ToKnow365.top“.
How to choose a veterinary clinic?
To choose a veterinary clinic as soon as possible – as soon as your house was kitten, puppy or other animal.
The right thing to do is to write to the phone book of addresses and phone numbers for your vet clinics (if your city them a little something and all). Let this list will be more and less expensive, “elite” and “economy class” — can sometimes be important some details, which will be the decisive argument for the choice of hospital in case of specific need.
But you need to choose one vet that will for you and your pet’s primary – one in which you will be able not to hesitate to apply in all situations related to animals!
What you need to know for making a reasonable choice?
- Do the vet according to the type (breed) of animals? Dogs and cats are treated everywhere. But for owners of rabbits, Guinea pigs, birds, and other domesticated animals often becomes a serious problem – to choose the vet that a serious approach to the treatment of small or exotic animals.
- What equipment is available in the clinic (ultrasound, x-ray, etc.). It is possible that no devices your pet will never need, but if, for example, the animal is injured – we urgently need to go somewhere where he’ll get x-rays!
- What surgical intervention do. Simple, standard surgery done everywhere is castration and sterilization, extraction of teeth, sewing of wounds and bites, etc. But it is desirable to know in advance whether, if necessary, qualified to do any more complex operation.
- The order of prices for services and consultations. Sometimes it is beneficial, for example, include the animal for examination and to obtain recommendations for further action in cheap (maybe even state) veterinarians, but the examination or the surgery to take the pet in a more expensive clinic.
- Is it possible to call the vet at home in case of emergency or to implement any procedures that most often the owner can not afford?
- What is the General atmosphere? How does he treat animals (and owners!) the staff of the veterinary clinic? How clean, there are no unpleasant odors? If there’s a queue — is there a possibility of not sitting with sick animals in the midst of other animals and people (and Vice versa – is it possible to avoid contact with patients with hairy patients, bringing on preventive reception of your healthy pet)?
- When dealing with a specific problem – how aggressively you offer expensive drugs and treatments, examinations or tests (which, of course, are made only in this clinic)? Such moments should be alerted, because “pumping money” is not uncommon and sometimes unnecessary examinations and “treatments” can harm the animal!
Where to gather all this information?
- By phone or at the clinic (usually this is the primary source of information). It is possible that in some parts you the whole truth you can not say, but the main points to find out.
- After reading reviews on the Internet, in social networks and forums, pet owners in your city. Keep in mind that some reviews can be a trick – that is, placed for the purpose of advertising, ostensibly on behalf of the owners Pets. Although, if the reviews are many, the overall picture can be trusted.
- “Word of mouth”. Of course, there may be misinformation, even if not conscious. For example, a man whose dog died is unlikely to heap praise on the clinic that treated the dog at the time, became the deadly disease (in this case it may well be that the vets did everything possible, and the clinic is quite decent).
- By personal visit. To go without animal and ask your questions to the clinic staff to select a veterinarian, to which you will be able to address all the time – a normal practice.
Expensive or cheap veterinary clinic to choose?
Not always the most expensive animal hospital is the best. However, and always to save on animal health – is also unwise.
Where is the Golden middle? When you can save on veterinary services?
- If you only need consultation and/or examination of the animal. Advise should be able to any veterinarian, and the honesty and professionalism often depend on rates of clinic…
- If you (or rather, your pet) require only basic veterinary services (e.g., puncture the designated course of injections, trim nails, do an enema, etc.).
But not worth saving if:
- Require any examination or procedure, for which in cheap clinics no equipment, and the accuracy of diagnosis in such cases depends on the development of medical intuition the vet.
- Required surgery or complicated procedure.
- There is a vet that specializiruetsya on animals of a specific kind (species).
How to choose a vet?
But the most important thing is to select a veterinarian. “Your” vet is a great success!
Well, when one person watches an animal throughout life. He doesn’t need to explain all the previous problems, he “leads” pet and can more accurately diagnose and to make an appointment for seeing this animal veterinarian.
What requirements must be brought to the vet?
- The possibility of house calls (including after hours). Of course, not free. However, many (and private veterinarians, and veterinary staff of the clinics) provide such services.
- The possibility of consultation by mobile phone – for example, in cases where excess travel can damage the animal.
- The veterinarian should evaluate your treatment options and diagnosis. If he directs you to another “foreign” clinic for additional tests, or honestly admits that at home or other treatment possible is a big plus to him as a specialist.
- Choose a veterinarian you also need to obtain relevant advice and mini-workshops. For example, the veterinarian must, if necessary, to teach the owner to bathe your pet, clean his ears and/or eyes, trim the tips of the claws, drops, medication, etc.
And when choosing a veterinarian you need to focus on their own experience – how this person is “sincere” about his work, how does he treat animals (and how they respond to it!), in what tone does he superpoke people? Good vets usually really love animals and treat them kindly!
Author – Dasha Blinova, site ToKnow365.top
How to choose a vet?