Readers of women’s website “ToKnow365.top” already know that the cause of dandruff may be different. Depending on what caused the seborrhea, so in medicine is called dandruff, you can choose the best remedy for dandruff.
If dandruff appeared due to hormonal imbalance in the body, which caused a failure in the sebaceous glands is to get rid of it you need some tools, if the cause of the scalp infection of the scalp fungus, then the treatment will be different. Let us consider in more detail how to choose the best remedy for dandruff and what prevention measures should be observed to prevent its occurrence.
Why dandruff shampoos are not helping?
Very often you can find reviews that one of the dandruff shampoos help, others don’t. Why is this happening?
First, you need to know that there are different shampoos for dandruff.
- One is intended for the treatment of dandruff, which appeared due to changes in the consistency of sebum. It has become more dense and start to glue between dead skin cells, that, in fact, have dandruff. Properly selected shampoo will effectively help to remove the cells and will be the best remedy for dandruff, when she appeared for exactly this reason.
- But these shampoos will not be effective if you have dandruff appeared due to the propagation of the fungus on the skin. In this case, you need to pick up a special shampoo that will have in its composition and antifungal substances and those which help to flake particles.
The same thing you need to consider choosing a home remedy for dandruff. Typically, this mask with natural ingredients and essential oils. Some of them are suitable for treating dry dandruff not – for oily skin type.
Therefore, before you investigate and look for the answer to the question, what is a good remedy for dandruff you can buy or prepare at home, you need to clearly know what caused the dandruff in your case?
To determine this, maybe a dermatologist or trichologist, or you yourself, focusing on the major symptoms, which we described in a previous article.
Treatment of dandruff caused by a malfunction of the sebaceous glands (the small dandruff)
This type of dandruff are very common. It appears, when on the scalp worsens the functioning of the sebaceous duct, and dead skin particles cannot fall away. Enough to pick up the drug, which will enter keratolytic – substances that are quickly and actively exfoliate dead skin cells.
In the role of keratolytics to combat dandruff can be used with the following medications:
- Zinc pyrithione;
- Salicylic acid;
How to apply?
- Sulfur and salicylic acid improve the exfoliation of dead skin cells, soften the large flakes, turning them into microscopic particles.
- Tar and zinc pyrithione prevent increased cell division.
Choosing a shampoo for dandruff, give preference to those where the composition is and sulfur, and salicylic acid – these components are more effective if acting in tandem. A “tandem” can be found in shampoo of Vichy from a dandruff SULSENA (paste or shampoo), etc.
Let us consider more in detail how to use the shampoos that many of the reviews referred to as “the best remedies for dandruff”.
Treatment of dandruff caused by a fungus (severe dandruff)
If you have dandruff appeared due to the propagation of the fungus that causes seborrhea, keratolytically will not help you. In this case, you must choose a good anti-fungal remedies for dandruff. Their composition should include:
- Selenium sulfide.
How to apply?
The main tasks that needs to perform therapeutic shampoo:
- To stop the growth of yeast;
- To stop the peeling of the skin;
- To reduce the formation of sebum;
- Slow down the appearance of young cells.
What to look for when choosing?
Shampoo which is antifungal active substances, can be found in pharmacies. This should take into account that if the package is 1%, you sell shampoo without difficulty, if 2% — 2.5%, then you may need a doctor’s prescription.
To start to treat dandruff better with 1% concentration of the active substance. And, as the reviews say about the best dandruff remedies, price doesn’t matter. Most importantly, choose the shampoo that will help you – they will be equally effective and for 200 and 600 rubles.
What are the best remedies for dandruff?
- The website sympaty.net draws your attention, what shampoo with selenium sulfide is not suitable for those who have oily hair. You better use a shampoo with ketoconazole. But for those who have dry hair, better to choose a shampoo with selenium sulfide.
- Today it is possible to choose the shampoo considering the type of your hair. Good reviews on the best dandruff shampoos are the following: Skin cap and tar 911.
- Oily dandruff better output by Carteolol for sensitive skin more suitable Gnutar and friderm with tar, for dry hair – Triazole, Serial, friderm zinc. With abundant dandruff Nizoral helps, and Pepper.
- Be sure to follow the instructions and after treatment, to carry out comprehensive measures aimed at strengthening of the result:
To do this, continue to use the 1 time in 10 days that shampoo that helps you to get rid of dandruff. For other days, choose a shampoo that we recommend for the treatment of dandruff in the first case, that is, one which will keratolitic: sulfur, salicylic acid, zinc or tar. Use it suggest not more than 2 times a week. Also suitable for ordinary coal-tar soap.
If you can not get rid of dandruff by following the above recommendations, be sure to consult your doctor to determine the exact cause that caused increased separation of the cells of the scalp.
Help dandruff herbal and essential oil?
The studies have been proven marginally effective use of tea tree oil (5%) for the treatment of dandruff. But these are not yet enough data to say with certainty that the essential oil is the best home remedy for dandruff.
The essential oils likely to be used for the prevention or for the treatment of dandruff, by using them as one of the components for the masks.
Please also note that we were unable to find a single scientific study that would have proved the effectiveness of castor and olive oils, but oil is good for scalp. It can be used as a means of preventing the appearance of dandruff, but not for treatment.
Best home remedies for dandruff.
Again please note that to treat dandruff caused by fungus, masks will not work. They are recommended for getting rid of a little dandruff and as a means of preventing its occurrence. Choosing the best homemade mask for dandruff, be sure to consider the type of dandruff.
- From oily dandruff you can prepare this mask:
- In the yolks of 2 eggs stir well the juice of half a lemon.
- Add 2 drops each of oils of tea tree and eucalyptus.
- Apply the mask on the head, rubbing with fingertips into the skin.
- After 20 to 30 minutes the mask should be washed with warm water and shampoo.
The mask can be used at most 2 times a week
- From dry dandruff effective is this mask:
- Stir the egg yolk with a tablespoon of heated burdock oil.
- Add in the composition is not more than 2 drops of tea tree oil (you can also use ylang-ylang).
- Apply the mask on hair and RUB well into the scalp.
- After 30 minutes rinse with shampoo.
- Good reviews can be found on the aloe juice in the fight against dandruff. It can be used for dry and for oily hair. Its the same as the mask rubbed into the scalp and wash off after half an hour.
Besides shampoos and masks, which we emphasized in the article, there are other means to combat dandruff. But shampoos often use for getting rid of this problem, and the mask – for prevention. You also need to follow the diet. The use of some products may also be a predisposing factor to the appearance of dandruff.
If you failed to get rid of dandruff by using these recommendations be sure to consult your doctor as dandruff can be a symptom of more serious diseases, in particular, such as psoriasis.
The author – Julia Spiridonova, site ToKnow365.top
How to choose the best remedy for dandruff, make a home remedy for dandruff?