In the fight against limescale in the bathroom the most important thing is to choose the right tactics, otherwise you can say goodbye not only with the deposits of salts and minerals which actually is a RAID, but with plumbing. Because of the coating that is used today, manufacturers are of different types.
So on the women’s website “ToKnow365.top” we’ll show you how to clear the limescale in the bathroom, and what tools will work best.
It is better not to clean the bath?
Before the special selection of bath was not – they were all made of cast iron with enameled coating. These baths and today are in great demand. However, today’s world plumbing is more diverse: there are steel, acrylic, and you can even find tubs of durable plastic.
It is important not only to know how to remove limescale in the bathroom and how to do it better – after all, each of baths require their care. Incorrectly selected drug will ruin the coating and will lead bath in unsightly after a few cleanings.
Before you give advice, how to remove limescale in the bathroom, let’s see what means and actions are best avoided:
- Firstly, it is impossible to clean the tub with a metal scraper or brush they scratch any coating that leads to the formation of cracks;
- Second, you can’t use acidic cleaning products, especially those that we use to clean limescale in the toilet (by the way, about the means for cleaning the bowl, we wrote separately) — they erode the enamel, not to mention the acrylic;
- Thirdly, enamel and cast iron bath to clean 1 time a week, and acrylic at least – 1 every 2 weeks.
If you follow these rules, you will not need to look for ways to clean heavily soiled tub of lime. Now let us look in more detail than is better to remove limescale in the bathroom of different types.
Powder or liquid?
Here to understand is quite simple – any powder that contains abrasive substances. Scouring powder can be used to remove lime deposits from iron and enamelled baths, but for acrylic and metal surfaces it is better to choose liquid detergent in gel form – this texture allows you to evenly spread the cleaner on the surface and creates a hostile action.
And now attention! Liquid detergents for removing lime scale does not need to be rubbed – they are applied to the surface, left for a certain time and just washed with water.
How to clean an enamel and cast iron tub?
Remove limescale with a cast iron and enamelled bath is easy, provided that your bathroom is not renovated, and the coating preserved the factory. Selecting means for cleaning cast-iron and enamelled baths, but for the metal faucets and shower, study that is part of:
- Inexpensive, do not contain corrosion inhibitors – substances that do not damage the surface, especially if you are cleaning metal taps. Cleaning the tub and the plumbing in the bathroom the cheapest way, you will be satisfied with visible results, but that, along with a touch you have removed the coating from the surface of the bath and the taps will become visible over time. Inhibitors act only on limescale not to damage the surface. Therefore, choosing a cleanser lime scale in the bathroom, looking in the line – corrosion inhibitors.
- If you noticed in the composition of the sulfuric or nitric acid, set aside this tool is the “heavy” artillery for taps and baths. Funds from these acids it is better to use for cleaning the toilet or running tap options and baths – so-called “single attack”. For frequent cleaning will be sufficient funds based surfactants, which, falling into the water, break down and act on problem areas.
Good reviews about tools for cleansing cast iron and enamelled baths of water stone you will find on universal media pemolyuks, Gel WC 5+ , Somet, sanitary Gel, etc. Canfor
Acrylic bathtubs: particular care
Acrylic baths have appeared relatively recently and are very popular among the consumers. Baths of this type are smooth and easy to clean, so to clean limescale with acrylic baths, it is sufficient to use liquid universal means, which do not contain aggressive elements: ammonia, acetone, chlorine – these chemicals can damage the acrylic.
Good reviews have funds WC 5 Gel+ Sanfor, Sanitary etc.
If you will regularly monitor the cleanliness of the bath – rinse after use with warm water and wipe with a microfiber cloth, then with careful cleaning is enough to wash the bath cloth, after leaving on its surface a selected detergent.
Today it is easy to find a remedy for decalcification to choose acrylic bathtubs — most of them perfectly cope with its task.
You can buy a special tool for gentle cleaning acrylic: Akrilan, Mr. Chister, RAVAK Turbocleaner, Tim, Pro, Acrylic, Polish – they do not contain coarse abrasives that can damage the delicate surface of acrylic baths.
For those who are looking for how remove stubborn limescale with acrylic bathtubs, we recommend to use the people’s advice:
These simple recommendations will gently remove limescale from the acrylic surface.
Some useful tips
- Restored enamel bath care equivalent to acrylic because enamel, which is applied in the factory, not hardened, so bath restored care needs soft and tender.
- If you chose a powdered means for cleaning the bath, it is better not to pour it in an empty bath – powder heavily hit in the nose, which is bad for health. To protect yourself, it is better to dial into the basin with a little water, pour the powder and the resulting gruel to RUB the problem areas and then wash off with water;
- To remove deposits of limestone have those only of the bath and taps, but also to monitor the inner state of the soul. For this sympaty.net recommends to Unscrew the shower head and pour inside a weak solution of acetic acid dissolved in water. Head screwed back on and leave for several hours. Then start using a shower water to remove limescale.
- In General, vinegar and citric acid are the best folk remedies for removing limescale.
- From severe plaque limescale can be removed with the help of folk remedies:
- For disinfection of the bath is enough to fill the top tub with water to which add 50 – 100 g White – this will help to disinfect and bleach the tub.
As you can see, ways on how to clear the limescale in the bathroom, a lot. It is better to choose a ready-made means or take advantage of the popular recipe, decide for yourself and share your tips with us.
The author – Julia Spiridonova, site ToKnow365.top
How to clean limescale in the bathroom?