It is believed that important in the preparation of all pastry products — properly done the filling and dough, mixed according to the canons. But there remains one small question: how to cook the dumplings, so they don’t lose taste, not overcooked and looked appetizing on the table? There are some definite subtleties in their cooking with different fillings.
15 min 6 servings. Very easy to prepare
Tips for cooking
Before examining how to cook dumplings so they do not seethe, it is necessary to consider some rules that will help in the preparation of the pastry with any filling:
- it is always better to take a low wide pot than tall and narrow — it boils water faster;
- water in the pan should be about 2/3 of the pan;
- do not put many pieces into the pan — it is desirable that each of them have enough space after surfacing in a single layer, so cooking it is better to divide into two stages;
- even if you have a sweet filling, still at least a little salt water — salt adds flavor and prevents sticking of products;
- when cooking in water can add a little vegetable oil to prevent clumping;
- if you cook a store-bought semi-finished molding machine (without pigtails) or made with the help of pelmennitsa, carefully check the condition of the seam — if they are overexposed, they can become unstuck;
- drop dough only in a boiling water, otherwise they may limp;
- to speed up the water boiling, throw salt in the beginning, until the water is cold;
- if the filling is already prepared (e.g. boiled potatoes), cooking requires minimum time for preparation of the dough.
Potatoes (potatoes and mushrooms)
How to cook dumplings with potatoes, depends on what is contained in the stuffing except the potatoes, from the size of products. The bigger they are, the longer it should cook. Also matters what product you are going to cook freshly made or frozen.
In a saucepan
How many boiled dumplings with potatoes after a dive depends on they are frozen or svezhesrublennoy. If you bought at the store frozen and small size molding machine, 4-5 minutes after a dive, or 2-3 minutes after boiling.In a slow cooker
Cook dumplings in a slow cooker can be as a couple, and right in the water.
In the microwave
How to cook dumplings with potatoes, if we do not have any spare pots? Quite unfairly we use microwave only for heating food, but she’s ready to help us in the preparation of many dishes.
With cottage cheese
How to cook dumplings with cottage cheese, depends on which method you intend to use.
In a saucepan. Boil water in a large pan and a little sunflower (4 liters of water put about 1 tablespoon of salt). Cast semi-finished products in boiling water. As soon as they pop up — try one, and if ready, immediately remove them with a slotted spoon. If you cook dumplings with cheese (that is, those where cheese is involved directly in the batter), remove them immediately after boiling!
- In the microwave. How to cook dumplings with cheese in the microwave? There is nothing easier! Put them in a shallow bowl, cover with water by about 2/3, cover. Cook at maximum power for 5-6 minutes. Dumplings can be simply spread on a flat plate under the cover, but also to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- In a slow cooker. Cooking for a couple pour into a bowl multivarki 2-3 cups of water (better hot), place the container with products, and set the mode “a couple” for 10-15 minutes (the thicker the dough, the longer you need to cook). Or you can just pour boiling water into a bowl (don’t forget salt) and drop them right into the water. Fresh homemade dumplings with cottage cheese will be sufficient for 3-4 minutes, frozen will take about 5-7 minutes.
Dumplings with cabbage is one of the most popular dishes at all times, but it can be prepared in any convenient way for you.
In a saucepan. Boil the water and sunflower. Cast products with cabbage and cook them until boiling. How many minutes to cook dumplings with cabbage once the liquid is boiling, depends on the degree of readiness of the filling. If it’s fresh, then cook for about 7 minutes (taste them periodically), and if the cabbage is ready, it is enough 3-4 minutes.
- In the microwave. Put the semis on a shallow dish and cover with water, but not completely — they let a little peep out. At a power of 1000 watts cook for about 5-6 minutes, at a power of 800 W for a little longer — about 7 minutes.
- In a slow cooker. How to cook dumplings with cabbage in a slow cooker, also depends on whether thermally treated cabbage. If it is pre-cooked, then a couple will be enough 8-10 minutes, and if the filling is raw, cooking may take about 15 minutes, but you will have to periodically check on availability. If you cook in a slow cooker right in the water, then finish stuffing cook for about 4-5 minutes (and raw, respectively, longer — also try).
Vareniki with cherries — delicious and healthy dessert, which is popular with both adults and children. The time of cooking dumplings with cherries minimum to preserve the fresh taste of the berries and all the vitamins in it.
In a saucepan. Boil water, salt it a little, in a large bowl. Throw billet future Goodies. As soon as they boil, wait a few minutes try. If the dough is cooked (the filling cooking is not necessary), then immediately remove them with a slotted spoon or colander. The sooner you remove them from the boiling water, the better preserved the freshness of the cherries.
- In a slow cooker. Dumplings steamed in a slow cooker should cook for about 10 minutes (again, try). But if in the bowl (i.e., in water), will be sufficient for 3-4 minutes after boiling.
- In the microwave. How to cook dumplings with cherries in the microwave, so they have retained the flavor of the filling? Put them in a special glass pot with lid (or shallow dish), put the first maximum capacity and boil. Then reduce power to 600 to 700 W and cook for about 4 minutes.
How many boiled dumplings with varying fillings, it’s hard to say. Cooking time depends on what kind of stuffing (prepared or raw), the size of the products, from the method of preparation, the thickness of the test, and, finally, the taste preferences of those who are going to eat them. Therefore, to prepare such a simple dish, you’ll need to use not only your culinary experience and flair — and then all must succeed.
How to cook dumplings: time and methods of cooking stuffed with cheese, potatoes, cherries and cabbage