Dumpling stuff is made (or purchased), and now left very little to the feast: cook them. Some just rely on luck — that products for no apparent reason falls apart or won’t stick to pans. In fact, a lot depends on how much cooking the dumplings after boiling water. There are some secrets related to cooking dumplings.
5 min . Very easy to prepare
On the one hand, this process is not anything complicated — it would just drop them into the pot, stir and wait five minutes. But to get real pleasure from the taste of the prepared dish, its appearance and consistency, it is necessary to observe some of the subtleties.
Optimum proportions and time
Before cooking the dumplings in the pan, it is necessary to correlate their number with the size of the cookware and quantity of water. Pour water to about the middle of the pan, to a maximum of three quarters. This is because the product displaces the liquid in the volume that occupies. That the dishes were not too “crowded”, it should be wide but not too deep.
If you prefer, choose the amount of the pot and amount of water from the calculation that water have 3 times more volume of the product:
- 0.5 kilograms of dumplings — 1.5 liters;
- 1 kilogram — 3 liters;
- 1 serving (15-20 pieces) — 0.5 liters.
By the way, instead of plain water you can use meat broth in the same proportions. It will make your masterpiece more intense.
The cooking time of the dumplings after laying the product (not after boiling!) 10 minutes. But if the dough prepared with eggs, it’s not too mushy.
Now, how much time should be boil these dumplings after surfacing:
- 10-12 minutes for large;
- up to 7 minutes for small ones.
Tip: to make the dough when cooking them in boiling water you can pour one tablespoon of vegetable oil.The classic way
You will need:
- dumplings — 1 kg;
- water — 4 liters;
- salt — 2 teaspoons;
- Bay leaf — 3 pieces;
- black pepper — 3-4 pieces.
Laying the dumplings, do not take away from the fire. Plunging into the boiling water, the dough is well obvalivautsya and is not sticky. If after adding the product water ceases to boil, wait until it boils again.
Sometimes adding an aromatic Bay leaf, allspice, and a clove of garlic or celery root is not at the beginning of cooking (until boiling), and at the end of cooking.
If you are interested in, how many minutes to cook the dumplings, take into consideration this method. It is equally suitable for home-cooked meals for factory and store-bought.
The dough is not falling apart, and the products retained, do not leave them long in the broth at the end of cooking.
Boiling the dumplings in the microwave
Often we forget that the microwave can be used not only for heating food. Try to make her dumplings, and it’s no worse than on the stove.
You will need:
- dumplings 300 g;
- water — 250 ml;
- Bay leaf — 1 piece;
- salt to taste.
The dish thus prepared, tasty and fragrant, the meat is juicy, the dough not fall apart, and well impregnated with the broth (which will be richer normal).
Here are some interesting recommendations that will help to make the dish tastier or cook it as soon as possible, and save for the future.
- How to boil water faster? Pour it into the electric kettle and boil, then pour into the pan.
- When is the best time to cook? Immediately before the feast. Thus frozen product to defrost is not necessary.
- How to lay the product in the pan? Small quantities: it does not have time to cool the water (if you use frozen) and will not cause clumping.
- How to store fresh ravioli? To freeze the finished product for 4 months. To avoid clumping in the freezer, first put the products on the Board, floured, and soak in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove, gently gather and fold into packages, and firmly tie or fasten (if special packages for freezing) and again put in the freezer.
- How to store boiled dumplings? In the refrigerator, without the broth, in a tightly closed container, previously cool. Shelf life — up to 3 days.
- How best to bring a dish to the table? Directly with the broth (use a ladle), and you can catch a skimmer, lay on a flat dish and put on the table, sour cream, mayonnaise, ketchup, or chopped greens.
Now you know how to properly cook dumplings, and the presence of pre-molded (or store-bought) products you will not have problems with cooking, even if about to descend upon guests. Be sure that all who sit at the dinner table, making a wonderful taste and neat like the picture of the finished dish.
How to cook pelmeni after boiling water: tips