Pilaf is one of the oldest Oriental dishes. It takes pride of place on the table, and its preparation is considered an art. Connoisseurs of Oriental cuisine plov truly believe the owner of the table. And in Uzbekistan, no festive event is complete without this fragrant amber dishes. Let’s look at the history and learn how to cook.
1.5 hours. 4 portieren complexity
There are many recipes of rice, but even strictly following them, not all of it turns out this Oriental masterpiece. Often those who are first time cooks risotto recipes online or under the guidance of her mother on the phone, get porridge instead of meat. What is important for this pilaf? First of all, what kind of meat you use and how much water to add. And of course at the rice matters rice, which should be crumbly, and numerous spices. What rice is best for pilaf? How to make pilaf crumbly? How to cook rice in a pot, a pan and a slow cooker. This you can find below.
How to cook rice in a pot
The recipe for cooking rice in a pot is almost no different from cooking in a pressure cooker pan or a pot. The fact that the cauldron thick walls, and it ensures a uniform temperature. Learn a few secrets that we share, you can make a good pilaf and not having the cauldron. In this case it is advisable to use pots and pans with a double or triple bottom.
So, the approximate ratio of products:
- meat (pork, lamb) — 300-400 g;
- rice — 2 cups;
- vegetable oil — 200 ml (1 Cup);
- carrots — one large or two small;
- onion -1 PCs;
- salt — 1 teaspoon;
- water (boiling water), the amount of calculation.
The cooking process
Using a slow cooker involves cooking healthy and delicious food with maximum preservation of vitamins. Pilaf pork in a slow cooker can do, and he will be more useful than in Kazan’, but the taste — unlike the traditional Oriental dish.
How to cook rice in a slow cooker
Lately, the slow cooker became very popular. They serve soups, meat and fish dishes, side dishes, dumplings etc. the Recipe pilaf in multivarka quite simple. The ingredients and proportions are the same as in the previous recipe. Just not going to fry anything. If you know how to cook pilaf with pork or how to cook rice in a frying pan, and you have your branded recipes, but slow cooker you never did, feel free to use it! This all prepared in the slow cooker, immerse the components in a strict sequence:
Hope that the risotto you did it the first time. And if not, do not worry, because experience comes with time.
What rice is best for pilaf
It is difficult to give a definite answer because, as they say, on taste and color of comrades there. Everyone believes the correct pilaf one that prepares the mother or grandmother. So answer to the question, what rice is best for pilaf a lot. However, we still will tell about the correct rice. Cook from it once, you will not want to experiment with other varieties of rice.
So, this pilaf is prepared from durum rice. Its grain — milky white, slightly transparent and elongated. They contain amylose — a polysaccharide that gives cereal crispness. However, some Housewives think that such a pilau rice turns dry. The fact that the time for its preparation requires more than the “round brother”, and therefore the amount of liquid should increase. Draw conclusions.
- Long grain rice is perfect for pilaf. Rice devzira, OSPAR is best suited for pilaf. After washing, it should soak for a couple of hours before cooking. This figure can be purchased on the market from traders of spices and dried fruits. However, devzira is often counterfeited, because this rice is not cheap and belongs to elite varieties. The original has a red-brown shade and bright stripes on the side. Fake stained broken in the dust of red bricks. To distinguish at home, it is quite simple: after washing on the bottom should not appear brown precipitate.
- Steamed (heat-treated) rice can be used for pilaf. Loved the modern housewife crispness and vitamin content. However, this rice has a specific taste and traditional Oriental pilaf from it.
- Round rice is perfect for pilaf. It contains a lot of starch, so it has good stickiness. In Russia grow only this variety of rice. It is used for sushi.
- Medium-grain rice is a cross between “round” and “long”. It is quite soft and not much sticks together. He will never make perfect rice, but porridge will be excellent!
- Polished or broken rice is used to prepare a viscous porridge.
- Thai rice (Jasmine) and Vietnamese (basmati) pilau is also not suitable: very quickly fall apart.
And another tip. The shelf life of rice can range from five to ten years, but never take it in store, but when buying, pay attention to the date of manufacture. Better to give preference to rice, which has been sitting on the counter not more than a year, it has more useful properties and taste much better.
Now you know how to cook rice in a pot and which rice is best for pilaf. Ask questions and share your results in the comments. And then we’ll show you how to cook pilaf of lamb and risotto recipe with mussels. In order to have you completely turned the Eastern masterpiece, in addition to complying with the technology and proportions, to invest his soul and season of love. Bon appetit!
How to cook rice in a pot and which rice is best for pilaf?