How to cook sushi and rolls at home? Which filling should stop? How to fold the rolls and what shape should they be? Understand the intricacies of the Japanese national dishes together!
1 hour. 4 portieren complexity
Sushi — the world’s most popular Japanese dish. It is massively captured the minds of cooks all countries in the 80-ies, marked by the exchange of cultural traditions with the country of the Rising sun. Recipes sushi and rolls are so diverse that to understand them, it seems impossible. However, in order to learn how to cook them, you should understand a few basic niceties. And then the twists in the rolls does not seem like complicated cooking with garlic croutons.
- There are 13 types of sushi: futomaki, chirashizushi, inarizushi… not easy to Pronounce! But we have gained popularity for very simple makizushi, the technique of cooking which involves the use of Mat, the Makis for rolling components roll. Each roll cut into 6 or 8 pieces, which are called rolls. Also popular technique uramaki — inside out rolls.
- The preparation of sushi and rolls home technique makidzusi will require mandatory use of a bamboo Mat Macy’s, flat sheets of dried seaweed nori, rice vinegar dressing and toppings to choose from.
- Sushi and rolls at home can be of several sizes:
- thin or hosomaki. Their width is 2.5 cm, they Usually include a one-component filling;
- thick or futomaki. Their diameter should not exceed 5 cm. the Inner filling of the rolls is more diverse;
- uramaki — inside out rolls are also wide, to 5 cm In rice is generated from the outside, decorated with caviar or sesame seeds.
- For the filling in recipes for sushi and rolls at home can be used a variety of products. Changed are the rice and seaweed, but with other products you can experiment using seafood, eggs in scrambled eggs and even red meat. More traditional sushi valuable oceanic fish: tuna, salmon, mackerel, eel. Be sure to buy them raw, gutted and ready just before the forming rolls. Vegetables preferred pickled daikon, cucumbers, asparagus, fermented soybeans, avocado, pickled plum and corn.
- If we prepare sushi and rolls at home, be aware of traditional Japanese condiments: rice vinegar, which is mixed with salt and sugar added to the rice. Also popular are the soy sauce and very spicy kind of horseradish — wasabi, which, in the opinion of the Japanese, completely destroys parasites in raw fish. Also used pickled ginger, known in Japanese cooking, Gary.
How to fold spring rolls
Before you learn how to cook sushi at home, you should master the technique of forming the rolls.
And now we offer the most simple and delicious recipes for homemade rolls.
Homemade rolls with salmon
You will need:
- 4 sheets nori (size 14×20 cm);
- rice — 200 g;
- a mixture of rice vinegar, salt and sugar;
- salmon or trout salted;
- avocado — 2 of the fetus.
Sushi at home with shrimp
You will need:
- nori — 1 sheet;
- rice — 100 g;
- shrimp — 150 g;
- cucumber — 1 small;
- avocado — 1 fruit of average ripeness;
- soy sauce;
- vinegar dressing of rice vinegar, sugar and salt.
Making sushi at home, recipes you can come up with on their own. All the more so for this dish it is important to understand the right combination of flavors toppings. Now you know how to make sushi and rolls at home. And you will surely master the presented techniques in the kitchen!
Video: how to cook sushi and rolls
How to cook sushi and rolls at home