The lower falls, the thermometer outside the window, the more often we remember a problem like chapped lips. Often irritated and chapped skin on the lips causes serious discomfort and prevent to enjoy life. So today we’ll talk about what to do if you have chapped lips how to cure the skin and bring back the beauty and softness.
Causes of cheilitis
Cheilitis is a complex of diseases, including various inflammation, “zaedy”, irritation and cracks on the lips. Helicam refers to any inflammation of the red edges of the lips, which is also often captures the skin around the mouth.
- The adverse weather conditions. In the cold season is a very strong wind and frost and summer scorching sun rays and dry air.
- Allergies. Some food allergies (e.g. citrus) lead to the inflammation of the red border around the mouth. Also cause chapped lips can be a reaction to cosmetics (incorrectly matched lipstick, liner, Foundation or even powder).
- Lack of vitamin B or an overdose of vitamin A. This often occurs in the course of treatment retinoids.
- Bad habits. Established that Smoking is directly related to wilting and dryness of the delicate skin.
How to prevent uncomfortable symptoms
Before telling how to get rid of chapped lips here are some useful tips on how this problem is avoided.
- Unfortunately, to affect weather conditions we can’t as we would have liked, but to prepare for any weather — this is doable. Use moisturizing balms with vitamins and hyaluronic acid. Also at the pharmacy you can purchase capsules or ampoules with vitamin E. This vitamin in liquid form, you can gently massage the lips every day.
- In winter better to abandon care cosmetics for lips containing menthol, alcohol or retinol. They are often further dry the skin.
- In the summer don’t forget lip balm with SPF-filter. Also, always use products tested brands and read these on the labels of the ingredients, to avoid unpleasant allergic reactions.
- Try to get rid of, or at least take control of bad habits. If quit Smoking — while a daunting task, at least refrain from Smoking in the street in cold or windy weather — wet lips objetivos even stronger.
- If you still are in the cold with chapped lips and I don’t know what to do, in any case, do not lick and do not obkusyvanie rough skin. Will poterpite at home and in your medicine Cabinet always find, than to cure chapped lips.
- Winter lips are also often dry out and crack in warm heated rooms. Heat batteries are often “eats” all the moisture out of the air, so try to use a humidifier.
- Sometimes, to prevent the need to treat chapped lips, you just need to revise the diet. For greater smoothness and elasticity of the skin of the lower face, eat foods containing vitamin B2. For example, nuts, mushrooms and liver, as well as calcium-rich dairy products.
If the trouble still happened, don’t worry, we’ll explain how to quickly cure your chapped lips!
In cold weather, thin and sensitive skin of the lips can help products containing wax or lanolin that prevents the evaporation of moisture. The same effect have rich natural oils creams or vitamin, store-bought or homemade balms dense consistency.
Cleansing exfoliation and moisturizing mask
There is a proven algorithm of how to treat lip if you have overili them in the cold or burned in the hot sun. First, take a deep cleansing exfoliation:
The second phase of emergency aid to the lips, moisturizing mask, particularly useful from a mixture of oils of flax and amaranth. For greater effect to oil-based, you can add a few drops of fresh aloe plant or some of the extract of sea buckthorn.
To produce effective treatment of chapped lips and reduce cracking, you can make a salt compress:
This procedure is recommended to repeat daily before bed during the week.
It is important to understand that it is not necessary to treat chapped lips hormonal preparations (e.g. ointments “Hydrocortisone”). After the temporary relief, may begin more severe irritation that over time can develop into dermatitis. Remember that dermatologists prescribe such remedies only when other treatment does not bring results. Therefore, if you decide to use hormonal ointments, be sure to consult with your doctor!
Now you know how to quickly cure becoming weather-beaten lips and restore them to softness. No winter cold or scorching summer sun can not affect your beauty and health!
How to cure chapped lips