Today on the website “ToKnow365.top” let’s talk about how to store food without a refrigerator. The refrigerator is one of the important attributes for any kitchen. That only is not stored in it! We have become so accustomed to it that it is not always notice its functional use.
But what if he fails? And if the circumstances are such that you will have to temporarily abandon this device?
Then you have to recall the experience of our grandfathers and grandmothers. They really knew how to keep foods fresh without refrigeration.
Old ways of preserving the freshness of the products
As more people kept perishable foods without refrigeration?
- This natural preservative, like salt, will also help to preserve the freshness of the supplies. The butter melt in the oven or on the stove, add salt. This product refrigerator is not needed. 4-5 kg of oil does a pound of salt.
- For cheese storage will need saline solution. In a liter of boiled water dissolve 100 grams of salt. In this solution moisten a clean cloth and wrap it a piece of cheese. Every 3-4 days the cloth needs to be changed.
- Can and fat pickle. Bacon cut into small pieces. On the bottom of the jar, put 4-5 tablespoons of salt, then fill the jar with the cut pieces of bacon. Top again all covered with salt. After 2-3 weeks you will appear on the table fragrant chunks of salty bacon.
- Cabbage can be fermented. In sauerkraut and lots of vitamins. And how many products it is possible to cook from it!
How else to store food without a refrigerator, I’ll tell you the website sympaty.net.
For food storage without a fridge need sugar, but it can only be applied to fruits and berries. Jam, jam stored at room temperature for 3-4 months. You can still grind the berries with sugar. Without heat treatment the benefits of such Goodies. If you want this product for a long time is not spoiled, don’t spare the sugar. It is recommended that 1 kg of berries take 1.5 kg of sugar.
How else to preserve the freshness of perishable products?
- Boiled milk pour in a jar and put in a bowl of water. Wait a minute, no need to be upset. From kefir or yogurt will turn out sweet pancakes that will appeal to your household.
- The greens better put in a bowl of water. It will remain fresh for another 2-3 days.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables to put in the basket and put in a dark place. If you leave them in plastic bags, they will rot quickly.
- From berries or fruit prepare various tinctures.
Why is the products begin to deteriorate?
Bacteria — the main cause of spoilage of food supplies. To stocks for a long time is not spoiled, used of low temperature or preservatives (salt, sugar). These methods slow down the activity of harmful bacteria and help preserve food without a refrigerator.
Sometimes there are situations when it is necessary to transport frozen food. It can be berries, and meat. To preserve the freshness of food during transport, will have to make some tweaks.
How are we supposed to transport the frozen food without a refrigerator?
When transporting frozen products should try to keep the temperature. If the berries will melt in the package they will not only turn into jam, but dirty clothes and a bag.
Ways to transport frozen products
- The easiest way is to buy a bag, a refrigerator or a heat-resistant packages. In these bags you put fresh meat, berries. For 8-10 hours with them, nothing will happen.
- There is still the old proven method. Frozen meat can be wrapped in a newspaper. The more layers, the better. Foil is also a poor conductor of heat.
- In a big bag of pre-need to put a few bottles of cold water. Then placed on top of frozen food.
- But if you have a big thermos, you’re in luck. Many believe that it is needed only for hot tea. In fact, in a thermos frozen foods won’t melt.
Keep food fresh without refrigerator. It is enough to remember the old methods used by our grandmothers. But do not forget that the products stored without refrigeration, have a shelf life. If you feel an unpleasant smell of meat, and the berries have started to ferment, it is better to get rid of them, not to earn poisoning.
The author – Nadezhda Stepanova, site ToKnow365.top
How to store food without a refrigerator?