The website “ToKnow365.top” today, once again appeals to readers with children of transition age. What to teach your teenager to order is quite difficult, knows each of them. But how exactly to deal with the chaos in the room of a son or daughter of adolescence, mom’s idea is bad.
Usually they try to blame the child for carelessness, to punish for the mess, put ultimatums.
However, all of these methods are not suitable for the formation of steady habits. In order to instill in your child adolescence a habit to keep your room in order, need to learn how to talk to him.
As it is impossible to accustom to the order of the teenager
First of all, parents should remember that nothing will help them to instill in the teenager a love of order by the following methods:
- Swearing and talking tough. Children transition age very quickly and easily adopt the emotions of others. So the anger, they usually respond with aggression or obvious resentment.
- Requirement to “immediately put everything in order.” Often teenagers do not imagine that adults understand the “ideal order”, so lying on the table the books or the clothes dumped in a heap on the chair, they are the absolute norm.
- Cleaning as punishment. You don’t tell a child: “as punishment, clean up the apartment.” To remove a child needs on their own.
One should not try to teach a teenager to order the moment he has a very bad mood. The word “order” the child of transition age should be associated with comfort and inner peace.
Psychologists say that the room in which a person lives reflects his inner state. Because in the hearts and minds of teenagers usually in chaos, and the room is very similar to the dump.
In order to teach emotional teenager, you need to explain to him that cleaned the bathroom it will be easier to live, easier to clear my mind and make nicer friends.
As a teenager accustomed to order
To make the scattered, messy child more attention will help quite simple methods.
- The website sympaty.net pays special attention parents on the main recommendation of psychologists instead of to give to your son or daughter orders the “immediate restoration of order in his room”, you need to give him more specific objectives. For example, ask to hang shirts and trousers in the wardrobe, books to arrange on a shelf, vacuum the carpet, etc. This will allow the child to clearly understand what is required of him. Besides, it will not scare a large amount of work, which involves pointing a perfect order.
- If the boy or girl at a younger age , interest in cleaning, it should be supported. Then to puberty, a teenager has already formed a fairly stable habit to carry some element of cleaning without reminders parents.
- Contact the child asking for help, and not to speak to him in an authoritative tone. Usually children transition age willingly agree to help mom, especially if she complains of severe fatigue.
- To teach a teenager to order gradually. To expect immediate transformation is impossible. Therefore, parents should exercise maximum patience, forming the habit to clean the room in stages. At first, for example, you can teach a child every morning to make his bed and to return to the place of the books after homework.
- Teenagers do not always realize that untidy room can cause its owner a sense of shame. Mom needs to seize the moment when a daughter or son came friends or girlfriends, to wait them out with nothing to say to Chad, “Daughter (son), so it was awkward. Now your friends will tell their friends that you’re sloppy and muddy. It would be necessary to correct the impression.” The teenager is very important to look good in front of peers is good. He will certainly try another time to thoroughly clean the room before the arrival of friends, and since kids this age are close friends usually go often, and the room he is almost always clean.
- Once it is possible to offer your teen to get together. Let it will turn on your favorite music. Certainly cleaning has been completed, the child will be surprised at how good it is to combine business with pleasure, and begin to put things in order more readily.
- To be disciplined by a teenage girl, which everywhere throws your things, help and simple psychological trick. You just need to hide from her favorite lipstick or nail Polish. After she will spend for useless search of a few hours, the thing can be returned, but to say that the next time the lipstick will again be out of place, it will definitely go in the trash. The same applies to other things scattered around the house.
- Parents should calmly explain to the teenager that his carelessness them very frustrating and tiring. Let the son or daughter clearly understand that a breeding place is a mess, they almost insult the mother, treat her with strong contempt.
- There is a perception that to be disciplined teenage son is almost impossible. This is not so. To form the habit of putting things into place and they can be. It just sometimes takes a little more time. But as you know, water wears away the stone. If in the course of a month or a longer period every day, my mother will repeat to my son “Wash dishes”, — one day it will become a habit, and he himself will every time after dinner to wash his plate.
Parents should also remember that to be disciplined teenager they will be able only in case, if they shall give him an example. If their words are at odds with the actions, the child is unlikely to follow their instructions.
All parents who wish to teach a teenager to order, it is very important to show him leniency.
Mom should know: it will take just a couple of years, and it is not very neat daughter turn into a young lady, loving cleanliness. Be careful with the age will be the son, but only under the condition that the love of order he will be vaccinated with patience and understanding.
Author – Pelageja, site ToKnow365.top
How to teach a teenager to order?