A modern mom who grew up on the works of Russian and foreign classical literature, dream of accustomed to reading teenage children. Therefore, the website “ToKnow365.top” today we will talk about why children need to read, as they are on this train and should you worry if children are not particularly interested in books.
In our time, the children really began to read much less books than before. Statistics show that among ten students for pleasure reading only every third child.
The reason for that are the new information technologies – the television and the computer that serves the information in a more interesting and easy to understand form than the printed edition.
Not to say that this is bad, because on television often are useful educational programs and educational cartoons. However, neither the computer nor the TV can not replace the child’s reading.
Why kids need to read
Because the book has always been and remains the main source of knowledge, to teach a child to read every parent wants his son or daughter received a good education. The website sympaty.net reminds you that only reading can develop children’s imagination.
The book has an important role in the formation of the child a lot of knowledge, abilities and skills.
To instill in your child a love of reading is very important. To start working on it should have at the age of two, reading to the kid every day children’s books.
Practice shows that teenagers, who as a child my mother often read to have books higher interest than their peers.
But don’t give up and in that case, if the child is not taught to read from infancy. Even in adolescence, it is quite possible to sell the books. In this parents will help the advice of experienced teachers.
How to teach a teenager to read
The first thing is to understand the parents who dream to turn their child into a book lover, is that to MAKE him love books they can never.
But to make a teenager interested in reading will help the following measures.
Here are some examples of them.
- “Who knows more words.” The rule is simple: the presenter proposed the letter, and the participants within one minute trying to write on slips of paper as many words as possible beginning with her.
- “Guess the letter”. The presenter proposed the letter, the players try to guess the naming of the word. If the named word in the hidden letter is, the presenter says: “Yes.”
- “Make words”. The participants proposed some long word, and within a minute they must make from the letters which are in him, as many other words. To use the same letter twice it is not allowed.
Pushing a child to read and share with parents the solving of skanvordov and crosswords. All members of the family can divide into teams and compete in this art.
If your son or daughter actively interested in modern gadgets, you can give a convenient and modern ebook (how to choose, read this article on the website “ToKnow365.top“).
What not to do
Trying to teach a teenager to read, some moms begin to ban him from playing computer or go out to friends, offering instead to spend time with a book.
They make a mistake. Contrasting the reading to your computer or TV, parents thereby creating in the child a lack of books.
Those moms and dads who want their teenager fell in love with reading, it is not recommended to resort to the following methods:
- Compared with other children who read a lot and willingly. Get the effect opposite to the expected.
- The pressure on the child. You can’t force him to read the books that he doesn’t like. It permanently discourage teen interest in reading. If he likes magazines or articles on sites on the Internet, let them read them. It is also useful.
- Offer books with lots of unfamiliar words. If, after each read of the proposal, the child will need to refer to the explanatory dictionary, he pages in the book until you finish reading.
In other words, to make book a friend of the teenager, you need to show him that this friendship can really give a lot of pleasant moments. To achieve this, the carrot is impossible. But through persuasion – is quite real.
Author – Pelageja, site ToKnow365.top
How to teach a teenager to read?