How to use plunger as the device is in the people, a bistro – so, at first glance, simple and easy to use device that allows you to quickly and easily prepare rich coffee or fragrant tea, tell today women’s site “ToKnow365.top“. We will gladly share with my readers some of the secrets that will help you to prepare a wonderful coffee in a French press, and will tell you about the correct sequence of brewing flavored drink because the taste and texture of coffee in the bistro are different than what is used those who prepare it in a coffee pot, or coffee maker. In short, we’re going to learn how to properly use a plunger.
Plunger or French press is called the tea pot with a glass bulb and a piston (plunger) for extraction. Also, the plunger itself is called the method of preparation of the drink this remarkable device.
Americans and Europeans have long used the plunger for cooking coffee, but we somehow found this convenient and easy to use the device is exclusively for brewing tea.
Many people mistakenly believe that coffee made in a French press, can’t be tasty. Will try to dispel this misconception, and to do this, just need to know how to use a plunger.
Just want to note that the taste of coffee prepared in this way will differ from the usual – he will not be the same as the taste of coffee from the Turks or coffee, it will be different, but your coffee. It will be able to appreciate real coffee lover, who will listen to our advice and understand how to use a plunger.
How does a French press?
A French press is a very simple device. It consists of:
- glass bowl – bulb. The diameter of the bulb is the same in all models, but the largest French presses are different – from the smallest (0.35 ml) to large (1 liter). Capacity is increased by the height of the bulb, that is, the higher it is the more volume of liquid.
- metal or plastic case with a handle, in which is inserted the bulb.
- the cover is attached a metal piston (plunger). It easily moves up and down. Actually, this is the press for squeezing. On its base is round mesh filter diameter of the bulb, a small spring and steel detail, a bonded bolt.
How to use a plunger: the correct sequence of making coffee
- Pre-opolaskivaniem flask with boiling water and wipe dry.
- Boil water in the kettle.
- Prepared coffee. If you’re grinding right before brewing and prepared to sleep in a French press, then this option is the most ideal. Be sure to consider the proportions as you need to put coffee. This depends largely on the quality and taste of the drink – so say those who know how to use a plunger.
The recommended proportion of 5.5 grams of coffee per 100 ml of water. It looks so: 0.5 liters of fluid – 3 – 4 tablespoons with a slide, 0.35 l – 2.5 tablespoons.
At first glance it may seem that this very much. But most for a French press take coffee flour, which is worse extracted essential oil, so in this case coffee, many will not. But if you have a grain of medium or finely ground, the proportion can be reduced. It all depends on your taste preferences.
- Fall asleep milled grain to the bottom of the device.
- Once the kettle has boiled, leave it to cool for literally 10 to 15 seconds. It is enough that the water was the right temperature. Those who already know how to use the plunger, remember that coffee prepared in this way, it is recommended that the water temperature is 90 – 95 degrees.
- Pour the coffee with boiling water, before reaching the edge of the bulb 2 pin cover until cover.
- Now attention! From this point takes 4 minutes, and continue to learn to correctly use a plunger. When properly brewed, you need to form distinctive cap-foam coffee cream. We quickly stir with a wooden spoon and enjoy the aroma that is spread all over the kitchen! The website sympaty.net draws your attention to the fact that if at this stage you have the cream did not work, then either the temperature was wrong, or, most likely, coffee is of poor quality.
- After you stir, cap a bit and the foam will change color to a lighter one. Its density is good and height of 1 cm – that is, real coffee cream in the Cup of those who knows how to use a plunger. You can admire the beautiful stains from the foam that formed on the surface.
- Next, take the lid and drop the plunger to foam, not below! For brewing coffee you’ll need 4 minutes. You’ll still have time before the moment you press down on the bottom. Not in a hurry. Wait until exactly 4 minutes. If you follow the tips on how to properly use a plunger, the coffee you should now have soft and pleasant to the taste. Depending on the grade it will be with natural bitterness. You will know a little later where we’ll show you which varieties are best suited for brewing coffee in a French press.
- The following is the lowering of the piston. It must be done in one smooth movement, not crawl along the walls and looking up and down, like when brewing tea in this device. Coffee grounds falls under a press and the process of selection of caffeine in the drink stops. Depending on what you prefer coffee, you will be able to increase or decrease the brewing time – that is, to adjust the process itself: make the coffee strong or not.
- Foam from those who know how to use a plunger, and knows how to do it right, will remain. That’s just to get you in the Cup, use a small tip: pouring coffee into another container, a little scroll and’t be swayed by the flask. Approximately as poured coffee from the Turks to the cream remained.
- French coffee is ready!
Tea in a French press should be brewed on the same technology. The nuances that should be considered is the steeping time (it will depend on the varieties of tea) and what RAM before they press welding, can be raised several times to play it. Especially convenient to use a French press lovers of herbal tea.
What determines the taste of coffee made in a French press?
The taste of the drink affects the freshness of the beans, degree of roast, quality of water, and of course, coffee. We talked on the website about how to choose coffee. Now you know how to do it properly.
In some articles that tell how to use plunger at home, you will find tips that for this device need to take coffee only coarse grinding. In fact it is not.
If you have a nylon strainer with small holes, you can choose your coffee any grind. The only thing you should consider is that you will need to make some effort to lower the piston, making coffee fine grind.
The taste of French coffee is more dependent on the freshness of the ground beans. As we said earlier, the best option is the preparation of grains before cooking them. It was then that the taste of the coffee will open fully. From ready ground beans, purchased in pre-packaged bundles, you will not make real coffee, even if you know how to use and how much you put coffee into French press.
Freshness of roast is also plays an important role. It is advisable that you use freshly roasted coffee – 2 to 4 weeks after roasting.
From leeward bean, you can’t make good and real French coffee, even those who know how to use a French press for making coffee.
Don’t forget that in many respects the quality of water determines the taste of coffee. It can not be re-boiled. And, of course, it is better to take filtered but not distilled. Don’t forget about the temperature: for French coffee, it is equal to 90-95 degrees (10 seconds of cooling after boiling).
What kind is better to choose coffee?
The French press is convenient because it is possible to make coffee of any variety. But best of all will be revealed dear monosort, such as Kopi Luwak, Jamaica Blue Mountain, Green Bourbon “Santa Elena”.
Today, if you really try, you can find a coffee blend specially designed for a French press.
The device is convenient also in that it is possible immediately to fill up spices, if you like to add them to the drink. Note, however, that coffee in this way will be very fast, and not all spices can manifest itself in such a short time. Can spices to brew in advance and the resulting broth to pour over coffee – use it instead of water.
What to look for when buying a French press?
- Choosing a French press, the main thing to pay attention to the tightness of the strainer to the walls. Some manufacturers of piston flange seal silicone ring. But, as practice shows, the silicone gives the smell when brewing, and to use such pressure, you can not more than 3 months – gasket in disrepair. So when buying it is better to choose a simple plunger with a piston of stainless steel – the principle of operation all models are the same.
- In some of the French press initially will need to make considerable efforts to raise the piston: the piston is a good quality French press is supererotic design. That’s good. In such models, as they say, those who already know and know how to use a French press, a very well brewed coffee. After several weeks, the tightness will decrease.
- Please note on the strainer-filter. If it is large, you can cook only coarsely ground coffee. Convenient for those who has the simple grinder. If the nylon strainer, then those who know how to use a French press, coffee medium and fine grinding. By the way, making coffee in a French press, remember the rule: when a large grinding will be easier to compress the grounds, with small and medium you have to put a little effort to lower the piston.
- Don’t forget to take care of the filter – periodically untwist and rinse the strainer with water.
- We also recommend you to immediately buy a spare bulb. And even though she is resistant, but, according to those who know how to use a plunger is very fragile. For this reason, stir the coffee for formation of foams preferably wooden or plastic spoon – metal may break the flask.
Now you, dear readers, know how to use a French press to make coffee and feel its natural taste.
The author – Julia Spiridonova, site ToKnow365.top
How to use a French press which coffee to brew