Today women’s site “ToKnow365.top” let’s talk about the increased appetite during pregnancy and on whether to deal with it. After all, if the pregnant body wants to, then he is required? But on the other hand, a large set of unwanted weight during pregnancy.
How to be and what to do if appetite during pregnancy increased?
Increased appetite in the early stages of pregnancy
On appetite women are hugely influenced by the hormonal balance of the body. During pregnancy estrogen begins to produce a little, but progesterone, the main hormone responsible for pregnancy, — is produced more.
From the very first days of progesterone begins to affect your appetite during pregnancy – most women in the early stages the appetite is reduced and there are those who have an appetite for early pregnancy raised.
Why is this happening?
The culprit is progesterone. This hormone begins to prepare the body for pregnancy.
- First, “prepares” the uterus its walls thicken, and the muscles relax, lest a spontaneous miscarriage.
- Secondly, there is the accumulation of subcutaneous fat — the “strategic reserve” in case of pregnancy the woman will not receive the nutrients for proper development of the fetus. Pregnant begins to feel a sense of hunger and a constant desire to eat something.
Such changes in the body start to occur from the very first days of conception.
Note that everyone’s body reacts to it differently. If some women from the first days have a constant need for something to eat, others do not want to have.
Anyway, many women note a change of attitude to food from the very first days, therefore, reduced or increased appetite is a symptom of pregnancy, which manifests itself in the early stages.
One of the reasons why during pregnancy increased appetite, due to the fact, as the psyche of the women will react to pregnancy.
- An unexpected pregnancy can be a real stress for women. Some used the stress-eating – hence the explanation of the increased appetite, the other women, on the contrary, react to the news with complete apathy to food – the appetite disappears.
- Similarly, a woman may react and desired pregnancy. For many women pregnancy becomes a kind of access to food, an excuse: “Now you can have everything that “requires” the body!” Especially prone to this those women who before pregnancy had suffered from excess weight and restrict your eating. “Now I’m pregnant. I can. The body requires. Now I have the opportunity to eat whatever you want – it’s for the child’s future! Here the face, then go about her figure!” — so soothing about a woman and starts to eat all that was included in the circle of prohibited products.
Not all women suffer from an increased appetite in the early stages, often the picture is the opposite: a pregnant woman tormented by morning sickness and vomiting, and even thinking about food can cause disgust.
Thus, there are two reasons as the low and high of appetite during pregnancy:
- Hormonal changes of the body;
- The emotional condition of the pregnant woman.
Appetite in the second and third trimester
As we already understood, reduced or increased appetite in the first trimester of pregnancy is often associated with changes in the level of progesterone in the body of the mother. When the production of progesterone normalized, and the body got used to my new position, to cause increased appetite pregnant in the second trimester and late-term may be the lack of need for full development of the fetus nutrients.
This is not surprising, because the body begins to consume the extra energy to carry a healthy baby. Therefore, the diet of the mother must be present foods rich in essential for a growing body substances: proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and fats.
If the body is not enough of these substances that a woman will experience constant hunger, and she will constantly increase appetite during pregnancy.
Why increased appetite during pregnancy?
If during pregnancy constantly hungry, you need to understand the reasons for this. Pulling often on the sweet, salty, sour, fat and flour. What is the reason and how to eat properly?
Why do you want sweet?
In hard body begins to produce insulin, and the sugar content of the blood is reduced, so often want sweet. Sugar pregnant blood sugar level briefly rises, and then falls sharply. Again, there is hunger and want to eat again.
- It is better to choose healthy sweets: marshmallows and marmalade, dried fruit, honey, a little of black chocolate.
- Often the desire to eat sweet caused due to insufficient intake of phosphorus and magnesium. To diversify the diet will help cheese, spinach, broccoli, nuts, seeds (raw).
Why I want salty and sour?
That during pregnancy I want salty, too, blame the progesterone.
We said above that progesterone relaxes the muscles of the uterus. Because of this the flow of blood in the blood vessels worsens, the woman has a weakness. Salt, as we know, helps increase blood pressure, so the body begins to experience a need for it and “claim” to improve their health.
In the first trimester to eat salty and sour – the natural need of the body, in the second trimester, when progesterone levels are normal, the desire to eat salty should pass by itself.
- If I want salty pregnant throughout pregnancy, it means that not enough chloride. Their bodies can draw from fish, seeds, nuts and milk.
- Also don’t forget about sufficient water.
Why do I want fat?
Pregnant all the time I want to eat something greasy due to changes in blood sugar levels. The body lacks fatty acids or vitamins A, D and fatty foods helps to stabilize blood sugar, as high-calorie food slower splits.
- Add in the diet of vegetable oils: pumpkin, flax, and sesame.
I want all the time flour
If during pregnancy increased appetite for starchy foods, it indicates a lack of nitrogen in the body. You should not eat hunger harmful carbohydrates: bagels, cakes and cookies.
- Definitely need to include in the diet of pregnant protein (meat, fish, legumes, etc.)
- The blood started to move through the vessels faster, and flour during pregnancy want less, you need to step up their physical activity: move more and engage in permitted activities.
How to overcome the increased appetite during pregnancy?
How can I deal with increased appetite during pregnancy healthy food (as advised by doctor) if after eating the bowl of salad half an hour later want to eat again? Female site sympaty.net conducted a study of the forums, where found, how this problem is coped future moms. Here are a few secrets “experienced”:
- I helped yogurt. Toxemia retreated, and the hunger passed.
- Jordan attacked at night. I’m under the pillow hid croutons made in the oven. All are better than sandwiches to eat.
- Dried fruits and nuts is what I quickly throw in my mouth, feeling the first urge to eat something.
- Drinking liters of tea…
- You need to drink vitamins! Just take a look to Yoda was not, and the appetite during pregnancy will increase even more. I saw Vitrum, Zinc, and calcium gluconate. All this for the night.
- I eat bran. Enough for 2-3 hours to satisfy the hunger.
- I before to eat something, drink a glass of milk.
You should also not forget about the basic rules of the diet of pregnant:
- Go to a fractional power.
- You must eat a healthy diet, not to overeat.
- To follow a full menu.
- To monitor the amount of fluid per day.
If you experience excessive craving for food and cravings during pregnancy increased steadily, consult your doctor, as you do. Don’t forget also that hunger can be caused by boredom. Need to find something that will distract you from wanting to eat something.
The author – Julia Spiridonova, site ToKnow365.top
Increased appetite during pregnancy: what to do?