Good work is not only interesting activities and normal salary. All the benefits may be thwarted by negative relations with colleagues! Or, conversely, a good atmosphere in the team can redeem overexposed and boring job and leaving much to be desired salary…
In General, relationships with colleagues to shape it! Make friends with colleagues or to stay with them in the framework of a purely business communication? Discussed at sympaty.net!
Friendship with colleagues: the pros
To be honest, a model workforce where colleagues are friends, it is possible and effective. Although “friends” is a very serious concept, in this case, a more suitable definition of “prijateljstva”.
Many foreign companies actively supported the phenomenon of “corporate spirit” — that is, the user consciously taking the maximum in order to make employees feel like friends, not just strangers working under the same roof.
The strongest tradition of “binding corporate friendship” in Japan there are considered normal joint celebration of different dates, public and religious holidays, etc… And not homemade pies and a bottle of something sort of somewhere in the back, away from nachalnichek eyes, as is the case with us!
But the official level – arranges the ceremonial get-togethers with the boss in the restaurant or picnics with the whole team, that’s all – often in the output or officially non-working day…
I do not know how the Japanese like it, but at least for them is in order.
Why you need a friendly staff, from the point of view of management?
First, that link employees to the workplace, provides an incentive to treat the work as something more than just a way of earnings. If a person is at work waiting for chat with friends, he is unlikely to want to leave (and, therefore, will try to do the maximum to avoid being fired).
At work, this employee is more positive, not strained because of conflicts with colleagues – this has a positive effect on health, a person directs their passion into a job. Of course, well, when there is no “intrigues”, gossip, minimized conflicts, etc!
And secondly- there is a “spirit”, their actions begin to be assessed as part of the collaboration. I.e. – the employee does not want to, for example, due to its poor performance suffered by fellow friends, he is willing to help colleagues, etc. So if you are the boss, try to make your employees friends, and compete for business it will be a plus!
And from the point of view of an ordinary employee – giving friendship with colleagues?
- Psychological comfort at work. This is an invaluable plus if there are people with whom you can be yourself, don’t be all day “buttoned up”, have someone sincere to talk, etc. In the end, spending about a half a day (every day), as you do not want to “serve the service” among strangers, hostile characters!
- For some people, friendship on the job is practically the only way to make real friends or just friends. Especially for a family. Many modern people simply have no time and no place to make friends with someone outside of work – evenings and weekends are given to family and work – a place where a person spends a significant part of life. Quite naturally, friendly nesamani contacts occur precisely there. Plus, such friendships – it does not take time off from the family, because the process of friendship combined with the work!
- Often friendship is mutual. “Cover” each other away from the watchful eyes of the authorities, if you need to run to the store to deal with some work issue, etc. In any case, well, if there is one to turn for help and know that intentional bases will not.
However, all these great advantages work, if the friendship is sincere and mutual. And in this imperfect world nothing is perfect, alas… So very, very likely that you will have to face the cons of the friendship between colleagues.
Friendship with colleagues: cons
In General, a well-known fact – the smaller the team, the more likely there is a friendly relationship. It is impossible to draw a few dozen (especially hundreds or thousands) of people.
And in a small group friendship at work often occurs even without the special intimacy of the employees simply because these people spend a lot of time around. Very often thus closer to people who otherwise wouldn’t find something interesting in each other!
Problems of friendship with colleagues begins when a friendship is “one-sided”.
A very typical situation: one employee feels uncomfortable in the “free floating” feeling the need someone to get close, but the one who he begins to believe buddy just uses his loads of Affairs, etc.
Another negative phenomenon – “friendship against someone”. Competing against the Department, not cute someone of the employee against the chief… well, in these relations very little from true friendship.
And it happens that their friendship begins to impose a colleague who is/nd does not inspire any interest and sympathy. The worst option in this case is to maintain the illusion of mutual friendship “out of courtesy”.
Because the eye does not have time to blink, as the girlfriend will be bored worse bitter radish, and you have to work! And if sharply to break such relationships at their peak, then start the offense and, possibly, accusation, gossip about you as unfriendly, rude, and something uniquely bad, man… Better not to start a friendship with a colleague based on the “courtesy”!
How to find a compromise?
So how can you be friends with your colleagues, if not friends? Some tips from “Successful”:
- Don’t try to establish a close friendship with a large number of people. Optimal and realistic option – 1-2 close friends, about a dozen friends, with the rest cordial business courtesy. Friendship and friendship actually require a big emotional commitment, and it will be emotionally difficult to carry a greater number of friendships!
- Do not be friends with colleagues if you don’t want: not really interesting to you, feel distrust of employees, etc. better no friends than a fake.
- Don’t be afraid to reject a friendship if it is trying to impose on someone you don’t feel mutual interest.
- Not Frank too. Even if the work was started some a friendly relationship, first try to extend them to non-working area – do not discuss with a friend-colleague details of personal life, family, private issues, etc. it is possible to maintain good relations and communication vnutryaki or abstract themes (movies, music, recipes, shopping, politics, etc.). Now, if you understand that a friend is really sincere to you, she can be trusted, etc., then it is perhaps about something more personal to talk.
- Not friends against someone. You know, right?
And don’t forget, you always have the right not to be friends with your colleagues – what would be the speeches about “our friendly staff” didn’t push the boss at corporate events, whatever style of relationship or was adopted in the company (even if friendly-less)… You got here to work and earn the money you definitely do not pay for friendship with colleagues, therefore you should nothing to anybody!
Author – Dasha Blinova, site ToKnow365.top
Is it worth it to be friends with colleagues?