Hot, toasted salt and pepper side dish for spicy meat. Surprisingly, talking about bananas. From nutritious fruit that from the perspective of biologists is not the fruits and berries, cooking beer, vinegar, marmalade, ice cream and even wine. A recipe for the jam from bananas — a boon for Housewives who want to impress guests and household of unusual delicacy.
. Easy to prepare
12 APR 2018
As the basis for jam, a banana, whimsical product. If the introduction of other components acting as stabilizers (apples, pears), harvesting can be stored for more than six months, otherwise, not more than a week. Fortunately, exotic berry is on the shelves all year round, and the process of making sweet treats takes very little time, so stock up on unusual jam for the whole winter is not necessary.
It is believed that banana improves mood. This is due to the fact that in its composition contains tryptophan — a substance that the body converts into serotonin, known as happiness hormone. Like it or not, but the delicious banana jam will definitely give a minute of pleasure and benefit due to contained in its composition of nutrients:
- sugar — fructose, glucose and sucrose provide a powerful burst of energy;
- vitamin B1 normalizes the digestive, cardiovascular and nervous systems;
- vitamin B2 — is involved in metabolic processes, strengthens the immune system;
- vitamin B4 — serves the exchange of lipids and cholesterol, provides the transmission of nerve impulses;
- vitamin B5 — boosts immunity, improves absorption of other vitamins;
- vitamin B6 — supports immune system, improves the functioning of the nervous system involved in the production of hemoglobin;
- vitamin B9 — supports the immune system and the cardiovascular system necessary for normal pregnancy;
- vitamin E exhibits antioxidant properties, improves performance;
- vitamin K normalizes blood clotting, improves the function of the kidneys, liver, gall bladder;
- potassium — regulates blood pressure, promotes mental alertness, brain function;
- magnesium — prevents deposition of calcium supports bones and teeth in healthy condition, participated in the work of the neuromuscular system;
- calcium — stimulates the activity of certain enzymes and hormones, supports the function of the neuromuscular system, the processes involved in blood clotting;
- iron provides hemoglobin synthesis, tissue respiration, education and conduction of nerve impulses;
- fluoride strengthens tooth and bone tissue, removes heavy metals and radicals;
- fibre has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive system.
During heat treatment contained in fresh banana ascorbic acid is destroyed in a jam it is not, the concentration of the other vitamins is also reduced, in addition to thermally stable vitamin B6.
Bananas is contraindicated in diabetes, obesity, severe, after suffering heart attacks and strokes. With caution used the product in the clotting of blood.
Choice of main ingredient
Bananas need to take ripe, their hallmark bright yellow rind without black spots. Immature fruit with a greenish “shell” does not have a pronounced flavor, so it’s best to wait a bit as they Mature, after a couple of days in a dry place at room temperature.
Ripe, blackened bananas can be taken for the manufacture of jam, the taste is not affected, but the appearance is not so tasty. In another four factors that must be considered to choose the “right” banana.
To implement a simple recipe of jam from bananas for the winter, need water — it is advisable to take a spring, bottled or at least filtered, and the sugar — brown will give the workpiece a beautiful shade, but the taste will not be affected. Often in a sweet treat introduced additional ingredients: spices, fruits, berries, nuts and even vegetables.
Fresh tropical berry should not be stored in the refrigerator — fruits will darken quickly.
Prolonged heat treatment adversely affects the taste and aroma of banana jam. Here’s four things that you need to consider when making treats.
Jam out of bananas: a collection of recipes
Cook jam out of bananas, so they do not seethe, it is impossible because of the softness of the fruit. Therefore, the majority of variants of preparation of tropical berries the consistency is more like jam. But if you cut the larger fruits, they will fall apart and will remain a treat in small pieces. Before implementing any recipe bananas to release from the skin and long white stripes under it.
Features. The above recipe can be followed step by step, and it is possible to taste to enrich the composition with additional spices for a new “sound”: cinnamon, vanilla, grated ginger, cloves.
- bananas — ten medium-sized fruit;
- sugar — 600 g;
- fresh lemon juice, four tablespoons.
With citric acid
Features. Thanks to the preservative properties of citric acid, the billet is kept longer and has a characteristic sweet and sour taste, in harmony with the spice star anise.
- bananas — 0.5 kg;
- sugar — 180 g;
- vanilla sugar — tablespoon;
- citric acid — a teaspoon;
- star anise is one thing.
Star anise — Burgundy-reddish stars, the dried fruit of a tropical tree. Spice brought to Europe from Japan in the XVI century. Kind of anise, endowed with a strong spicy taste with a bitter, sharp, tart and sweetish.
With melon and strawberries
Features. For making the Goodies is better to use the most sweet and fragrant varieties of the melon “Honey” or “Torpedo”.
- bananas and melon — 0.5 kg;
- strawberry — 300 g;
- sugar — 1 kg;
- lemon — two of the fetus.
Features. Jam from bananas and apples are best to cook with fruit sour-sweet varieties “Antonovka”, “White filling”, “Simirenko”.
- apples — 2 kg;
- bananas — 1 kg;
- sugar — 700-800 g;
- water — half Cup.
Apples can replace the pears, fruits to choose dense, so that they are better preserved form.
Features. Jam of bananas with the lemon turns out to be very attractive to look at as the sour citrus juice gives tropical fruit to darken.
- bananas — 2.5 kg;
- lemons — two fruits;
- sugar — 1.3 kg.
Similarly, it is possible to cook jam from bananas and oranges or mandarins. This treat is sweeter.
Features. Following the recipe of jam from kiwi and bananas, you can prepare a fragrant treat of a beautiful emerald hue.
- banana — one large fruit;
- kiwi fruit — six pieces;
- lemon — half of the fruit;
- sugar — 200 g;
- gelatin — half a teaspoon.
Features. To make jams need the juice of red currants. It can get a juicer, either to heat the berries in the microwave or a double boiler and squeeze the juice through cheesecloth.
- black currant juice — 1 liter;
- bananas — four of the largest fruit;
- sugar — 600-700 ml.
Features. Judging by the reviews, easy to prepare treat is a very aromatic, sour-sweet taste.
- rhubarb and sugar — 1 kg;
- bananas — 400 g
Features. For making treats to take sweet pumpkin is bright orange. You can replace the ingredient of the zucchini.
- pumpkin — 0.5 kg;
- bananas — 300 g;
- grated ginger root — a teaspoon;
- sugar — half Cup;
- water — a quarter Cup;
- lemon juice or half the fruit.
Chopped ginger can be added to any banana jam, classic proportion: 40-50 g per 2 kg total weight.
Features. Prepared without cooking delicacy can hardly be called jam, except for a similar taste and appearance. The workpiece is kept in the refrigerator no more than two days, so stock up on it for the future is impractical, but you can cook at any time of the year, because the necessary ingredients are there on the shelves all year round.
- bananas — 200 g;
- dried apricots — 100 g;
- any nuts — 100 g;
- raisins yellow — 50 g;
- sugar — two-three tablespoons;
- honey — one or two tablespoons;
- freshly squeezed juices of orange and lemon — 50 ml;
- citric acid — pinch.
For long-term storage prepared without cooking a treat you can freeze in plastic bottles or containers.
In a slow cooker
Features. In a slow cooker, you can prepare the workpiece on the basis of any recipe for banana jam. Heat treatment is carried out in the mode “Stewing” or “Soup”. A treat is more liquid in consistency. The described solution was proposed to do without sugar and use sweetened condensed milk.
- apples — 1 kg;
- bananas — three of the fruit;
- condensed milk 380 g (one jar);
- water — 240 ml.
When using a slow cooker, it is important to note that if the Cup device filled more than half, the jam is cooked with the lid open. Sugar to add in its pure form is not: a sweet component will stick to the wall, first it needs to be diluted in water.
Features. From the banana peel can make an original jam, but in this case, before the cleansing rain berries, the fruit needs a good rinse under running water with soap.
- peel, taken from three bananas;
- freshly squeezed orange juice and water — 200 ml;
- sugar — 200 g;
- lemon juice — tablespoon;
- vanilla sugar — a teaspoon;
- cinnamon — half a teaspoon.
The supply of competent
Banana treat can be eaten plain with tea or spread jam on a crispy toast. And you can take advantage of the three original ideas of non-standard submission.
Prepared to jam out of bananas for the winter to protect from mold, before sealing of the cans should cover the treat with a circle of waxed paper soaked in brandy or vodka. Banana sweetness is a delicate harvesting, so it is recommended to store it in a cool place.
Jam from bananas: recipes for the winter with lemons, apples, oranges, kiwi, banana preparation of jam in a slow cooker