Jam unpretentious, dandelions growing everywhere — for some unknown dish, but for many it has become a familiar and welcome treat. It is also called oduvanchikova honey. It is Golden, fragrant, delicious and very healthy. First and foremost, it helps with problems with the liver and gallbladder, but also recommended for other disorders of the digestive system, joint and respiratory diseases. There is no one recipe of jam from dandelions. Therefore, the suitable option you can always choose according to your taste.
5 min 1 portion. Very easy to prepare
Elena Bladed 26 Jul 2017114
The content of the article
- 1 Composition and properties of jam
- 1.1 nutrients
- 1.2 Curative effect
- 1.3 Contraindications
- 2 Collection and preparation of raw materials
- 3 a Compilation of recipes of jam from dandelions
- 3.1 Quick option
- 3.2 Double vitamin C: dandelion and lemon
- 3.3 Method with flowers
- 3.4 mother-and-stepmother
- 3.5 Cold
- 4 the Use of dandelion jam
All the usual dandelion scientifically called Taraxacum officinale. Already in the title lies the indication of its curative effects. Especially in medicine is valued root of a plant. However, the cooked jam from the flowers of dandelion is also rich in useful substances. The collection of raw materials and production of dandelion honey you need to follow some simple rules. Then the delicacy would be especially useful.
The composition and properties of jam
Useful properties of dandelion jam due to the presence of different substances with beneficial effects on the body. Thus, 100 g of the product contains 190 kcal. Proteins, carbohydrates and fats in its composition are in a ratio of 1:49:0,15.
Dandelion jam contains a number of vitamins and minerals.
- Phosphorus. Affects the bone’s strength. Supports acid-alkaline balance. Necessary for cell growth.
- Potassium. Normalizes water and acid-alkaline balance. Necessary for the proper functioning of muscles.
- Calcium. It is important not only for bones and teeth and for proper functioning of the nervous system. Reduces the level of cholesterol.
- Iron. Supports the immune system. Is part of hemoglobin, improves quality of blood.
- Zinc. Helps to heal wounds. Positive effect on the reproductive function of men and women. Protects the body from viruses. Boosts the immune system.
- Manganese. Regulates the level of blood glucose and lipid metabolism. Helps the growth of cartilage and connective tissue. Participates in the work of the brain.
- Ascorbic acid. Antioxidant, one of the most powerful defenders of the body against diseases.
- Tocopherol. Antioxidant, strengthens reproductive functions, protects the body from harmful effects.
- B vitamins Is a number of substances involved in metabolism, and provide various functions of the body.
- Vitamin K. Improves the quality of the blood. Promotes the growth and development of the young organism, the elderly, prevention of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin PP. Improves functioning of the circulatory system, strengthens blood vessels. Involved in energy metabolism.
Use jam of dandelion tested for centuries. It has a healing effect on different organs and systems:
- stimulates the nervous system;
- normalize metabolic processes;
- improves muscle tone;
- improves appetite;
- strengthens joints;
- improves skin condition;
- relieves inflammation;
- normalizes the process of digestion;
- reduces the acidity of gastric juice;
- has choleretic properties.
Particularly sought after products on the basis of dandelions for their contribution to the treatment of liver and prevention of its diseases.
Essential oils and tannins of the dandelion are involved in the process of cleaning the liver of toxins, promote cell regeneration of this important body and a better flow of bile. Therefore, roots, leaves, jam and dandelion for the liver very useful.
As such, the harm and contraindications jam from dandelions has not. However, a number of warnings exist.
- For gastritis. Dandelion reduces the acidity, so gastritis with low acidity the better the products are not consumed.
- If you have problems with the gall bladder. The blockage of the bile ducts, stones in the gallbladder — a reason to treat dandelion to treat with great caution.
- A stomach ulcer. Carefully taste the jam of dandelion can be with gastric ulcer. Needs to watch his health.
- Diabetes. In addition to extracts of dandelion, jam contains lots of sugar. Therefore, for diabetics there are limits on the amount of use of the product. Also if you have a goal to lose weight, do not need to have a lot of Goodies.
- Moderation. Overeating sweet dandelion product is fraught with diarrhea or vomiting.
- Environmentally friendly. No need to collect dandelions for jam along roads, high-rise buildings, where the mass of dust and noxious urban emissions. Raw materials must be environmentally friendly, assembled on nature. Then there is no chance of poisoning any harmful substances, trapped in a jam with flowers.
Expectant mothers worried, is it jam for pregnant women? Additional vitamins, improving digestion, normalizing metabolic processes — all this brings dandelion jam. So if you are not allergic, use it. Of course, in moderation.Collection and preparation of raw materials
Before jam of dandelion flowers, you need to spend some effort on training materials. Picking flowers in a forest lawns and clearings, along rivers, in the lowlands. Time — solar noon when the maximum inflorescence disclosed. You need to pick the flower heads without leaves and stems. Choose biennial plants, they are more curative, and you can distinguish them by powerful basal leaves.
House of flowers pour cold water and leave for a few hours. Then act in accordance with the selected step by step recipe.
Dandelions in the composition jam can be combined with various additives. Lemon, orange, spices. As well as with other medicinal plants, such as mother-and-stepmother. All this improves the taste of the product and according to the doctors, does not reduce the useful properties.
A selection of recipes for jam.
Dandelions in recipes traditionally measured not by weight but by number. Regular servings of sugar — 400 flowers.
Features. The classic recipe is to make honey from dandelions. A decoction of the flowers is combined with sugar and cooked until thick. It takes a little time. But you will need to take a break to let the flowers steep in the broth and gave it nutrients.
You will need:
- 400 flowers of dandelions;
- a kilo of sugar;
- two glasses of water.
Double vitamin C: dandelion and lemon
Features. Themselves dandelions are rich in ascorbic acid and in combination with lemon give a particularly healthful combination. Jam is great for curing colds.
You will need:
- 200 flowers;
- a pound of sugar;
- a glass of water;
- one lemon.
A way with flowers
Features. Usually dandelion jam is prepared in the form of honey, after boiling the flowers are removed. However, it is possible to cook jam, and truly, with pulp plants. Of course, the flowers will fall apart, but many are not confused.
You will need:
- 100 flower heads;
- two glasses of water;
- two cups of sugar.
Features. Mother and stepmother is similar to dandelion and also has useful properties. Recipe of jam from dandelions and mother and stepmother involves the use of honey instead of sugar.
You will need:
- 200 inflorescences of dandelion;
- inflorescences mother and stepmother — in any proportion;
- a Cup of honey;
- a glass of water.
Features. Dandelion jam can be prepared without cooking, then nutrients will continue even more. Perfect this recipe for cirrhosis of the liver and other diseases. Optionally, you can choose sugar or honey.
You will need:
- 100 dandelion flowers;
- 300 grams of sugar or three tablespoons of honey.
The use of dandelion jam
Medical make jam from dandelions is quite nice. With him drink tea, spread on bread. Can be used as a filling for cakes, if it is cooked together with the flowers. Dandelion honey consumed in the same as regular bee: tea, confections. You can put jam from dandelions in yogurt, cereal. On the dandelion honey make a very tasty fruit drinks — simply mix a spoon of honey with a glass of water. So a lot of options, but how to make jam for the liver or in the treatment of other diseases, to choose by agreement with the doctor.
Jam from dandelions: a recipe without cooking, how to make and use for liver