Take a stroll through the pine forest and breathe the aroma of pine needles — is not only pleasant but also useful. It becomes easier to breathe, it takes a cold, soothes the cough. And that’s just the effect that we can notice. And how much more reduction processes occur in the organism under the influence of phytoncides, essential oils and other nutrients. To maintain good health and enjoy the intoxicating aroma in the cold season, prepare jam from pine cones.
5 min 1 portion. Very easy to prepare
Olga Pavlenok 30 June 2017188
In domestic latitudes pine grows almost everywhere. But somehow jam it bumps the hostess cooks not so often. But the forest dwellers always have in my pantry a few cans of this miracle cure that protects the entire family from respiratory infections and many other diseases.
The benefits and harms of pine cones and jams from them
In folk medicine, the dessert of pine cones is known as a powerful anticatarrhal, antipyretic and disinfectant. After examining the entire spectrum of useful properties of jam, you’ll want to cook it. But do not forget about contraindications.
Useful properties of jam from pine cones are not limited to cough effect. In fact, its effect is much broader and affects virtually all body systems.
- Strengthens the immune system. Volatile constituent of the essential oil that actively fight germs and make the body more resistant to infections and colds.
- Treat stomach. Green cones have a beneficial effect on the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, facilitate the state during exacerbation of gastritis and ulcers.
- Rescues from anaemia. The use of unusual preserves, promotes increase of level of hemoglobin.
- Calms the nervous system. Helps fight depression, improves mood and increases overall body tone.
- Fights respiratory diseases. Quickly relieves runny nose and calm a cough. Eases as tuberculosis and bronchitis.
- Cleanses the body. Chemical composition is rich in antioxidants which bind harmful substances and remove them from the body. Also treat prevent edema.
- It stimulates the brain. Improves efficiency, facilitates the memorization of information. Coniferous jam helps restore speech after stroke.
- Eliminates parasites. Giardia and worms are killed under the influence of the components of essential oils.
- Treats diseases of the oral cavity. Thanks to the disinfectant and regenerative properties of a jam, quickly heal mouth ulcers, reduces bleeding gums.
- Strengthens the heart and blood vessels. With the help of b vitamins and tannin improves the function of the heart muscle and strengthen blood vessels. The use of jam helps in the treatment of hypertension.
To prevent diseases you can eat just one small spoonful of jam a day, not forgetting the candied cone. Is it possible to have bumps? Of course, because after cooking they become soft and sweet.
Don’t forget that in some cases the pine, the desert can cause harm. Make sure that you have no contraindications to eat this delicacy:
- children up to age three years;
- elderly over 60 years of age;
- acute hepatitis;
- the period of breastfeeding;
- disorders in the kidneys;
- the tendency to allergic reactions;
- diabetes mellitus;
- chronic liver disease.
How and where to collect cones: 4 tips
To cook tasty and healthy jam, you need to know some of the subtleties that relate to the collection of raw materials. You need to remember four key points.
For jam the cones, which are easily cut with a knife. If you don’t have a tool, just try to pierce the lump with a fingernail. If the skin is succumbed to, it means that such raw material can be used.
Jam made from pine cones: a selection of recipes
Caring for the health of the family, be sure to learn the recipe of jam from pine cones. A tasty treat with atypical jam aroma will protect you and your loved ones from the insidious infections, and bring new shades to your usual menu.
Recipe No. 1: classic
Features. For it will need a minimal set of ingredients. Moreover, the flavor and medicinal properties of pine cones is fully revealed in this simple jam.
You will need:
- young pine cones;
- sugar in equal quantities;
- water to cover the bumps an inch above their level.
Bumps wash several times in cold water to rid them of dirt and impurities of pine needles.
Put the raw materials in a large pot or basin and fill it with water. The liquid should be above the cones about two centimeters.
Turn the gas on and put the filled cones on the burner.
Similarly, it is possible to cook jam from fir cones. This dessert is best reveals its flavor in combination with green tea. Raw materials should comply with the same parameters as in the case of pine.
Recipe No. 2: no heat treatment
Features. This recipe without boiling less time consuming and allows you to save the maximum of useful substances cones. In addition, if you do not like a long time to stand at the stove, you this option is ideal.
You will need:
- kilo cones;
- half a kilogram of sugar.
Recipe No. 3: lemon
Features. If your goal is strengthening the immune system, combine pine cones and lemon in one jam. This will increase the concentration of ascorbic acid. Besides citrus additive will eliminate the bitterness inherent in the needles.
You will need:
- pine cones — 120 g;
- a kilo of sugar;
- a half Cup of lemon juice;
- teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
- water to cover the bumps.
To avoid problems with the storage of jam, it is necessary that the temperature of the sweet mass coincides with the temperature of the container walls. So you will either have completely cooled jam, or a good warm cans before seaming.
Recipe No. 4: pine needles
Features. If you do not have time to collect pine cones, this does not mean that you will be left without healthy treat. In autumn and winter, you can make jam out of pine needles.
You will need:
- pine needles — two glasses;
- large lemon;
- sugar — 300 g;
- water — six glasses.
In preparing any delicacy has its own tricks and subtleties that help to make the job easier and to make the taste more refined. Relatively coniferous jam there are three basic recommendations.
To use jam made from pine cones was the maximum, prepare the jam as soon as possible after the collection of raw materials. If you do not have such opportunities, to transfer the bumps in the cloth sacks. But to store them so you can not more than fifteen months, otherwise they will wither.
How to make jam
If you have no contraindications to the use of coniferous treats, you can safely use it for preventive or therapeutic purposes. How to make jam out of pine cones, depends on what problem you want to solve with it.
- To improve body tone. In half a glass of water dissolve a teaspoon of jam. This drink should be consumed in the morning on an empty stomach and before sleep.
- Cough and sore throat. To soothe cough and sore throat, three times a day eat a small spoon of jam with a mug of warm tea. For children the dosage is reduced to a teaspoon. The treatment is carried out for one to two weeks.
- From bronchitis. Three times a day eat a tablespoon of sweet pine syrup, slowly washing it down with warm water.
- From parasites. Over one and a half to two weeks, eat a tablespoon of pine preserves whenever you drink tea. For this period we should completely exclude from the diet other sweets.
- From asthma. Every day eat a couple tablespoons of syrup. Divide this amount should be for the whole day. If this jam is not recommended to drink any water or tea.
- For joints. In the period of exacerbation of the disease, add a small tea spoon of jam. Continue the treatment until, until there is pain.
In the opinions of doctors about the pine cones contain warnings about the fact that this product is a strong allergen. So before you start treatment, you need to test it for suitability. Eat a drop of jam. In good health increase the daily amount to a teaspoon. If there are no skin or other problems, you can safely begin treatment. For diabetics, such experiments are contraindicated, because the jam contains lots of sugar.
If you still doubt whether it is advisable to prepare jam out of pine cones, just refer to the experience and knowledge of ancestors. Pine tree was held in high esteem not only in Russia but also in representatives of other cultures. So, the Chinese believed that this tree is a symbol of longevity, and the Japanese did and thought that it may give a man immortality. A cult of pine cones were the ancient Greeks. They believed that they concealed the secret of good health and fertility.
Jam made from pine cones case of asthma and bronchitis, for children and adults: benefits, recipes and contraindications