In cosmetics there is a whole direction, based on the elimination of cosmetic problems with algae. Called algae therapy, his Arsenal is about a dozen species of marine plants. Treatment of seaweed is not for everyone, it does have some contraindications. But in most cases face masks with laminaria well-toned aging, calm irritated or prone to acne-the skin, evens its color.
Called laminaria seaweed — kelp, which we add to the seafood salad and eat in canned form. Marine plants rich in nutrients, and therefore are widely used in cosmetology. Such funds are suitable for sensitive epidermis due to the softness of the impact.
Rules for the application of masks from kelp
Kelp certainly need to eat, not only to manufacture seaweed facial masks. Deficient iodine, selenium, molybdenum, cobalt has in its composition in easily digestible forms. The most famous among them is iodine. On its chronic shortage in the body of every human medicine is often said, because it leads to pathologies of the thyroid gland. And more recently, algae was not and antitumor effect, since the deficit of polyunsaturated acids omega-3 increases the risk of cancer.
Initially, the ability of kelp to beneficially affect subcutaneous fat was opened by the example of cellulitis, which resolved under wraps, shredded seaweed. After that, the medicine spoke about its benefits for the person. Use funds from algae in the following cases.
- Dryness, soreness and peeling. Perhaps you have a high skin sensitivity, and the deficit of the components involved in restoring its top layer. Quite a lot of them, but the main role is played by selenium, b vitamins, including relatively rare B1, B5 and vitamin PP (Niacin, nicotinic acid). We used selenium in a digestible form even rarer than iodine, because it is easily destroyed by heat during cooking. And the daily body’s need for nicotine in General can only cover Smoking, which is undesirable, or eating around 150 g of baking yeast that is fraught with problems with digestion.
- Enlarged pores. Skin lacks silicon, molybdenum and other trace elements and vitamin E and omega-3. Polyunsaturated acids are present in sufficient quantities only in fish oil and algae. Vitamin E in excess is found in all vegetable oils from sunflower, olive and corn. So kelp for face helps and wrinkles.
- Wrinkles. Many of the reviews about the kelp to rejuvenate the face writing that such masks allow to smooth out “crow’s feet” in the outer corners and to reduce “bags” under the eyes. But remember that puffiness under the lower eyelid — not only a cosmetic problem, but a consequence of renal failure. It is therefore reasonable to refer to the nephrologist.
- Freckles and age spots. Kelp is rich in zinc — a major component of the bleaching cream. Vitamins E, C and PP have a pronounced ability to align the color of the skin. This property also has iodine, which improves capillary circulation.
- Oily skin and acne. All these symptoms are well cropped iodine, magnesium and sulfur. And zinc and vitamin C help to whiten oily and/or problem skin, to eliminate her Shine.
- Chronic scars. Are smoothed due to the saturation of the skin with selenium, other trace minerals and vitamins. For reviews face mask from kelp helps to prevent or slow the growth of keloids.
Basically, the concerns of physicians about masks for the face kelp are associated with a high concentration of iodine, but not only. The population of the areas where tap water is “hard” (rich in salts), often does not even suspect that you may have a hidden surplus of micronutrients, which are lacking on the rest of humanity. That is why such mask is contraindicated in the following cases.
- Extensive inflammation on the face. The kelp has no antibiotic properties. But it improves circulation at the site of application, and it is threatened by the rapid spread of infection.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. Seaweed is strictly contraindicated in hyperthyroidism. In this case it is better to first consult with an endocrinologist.
- Allergic to iodine rich food. This type of Allergy is not too common. But often thyroid disease — thyroiditis different etiologies. First, they occur in a latent form, giving only similar to allergic reactions — including foods rich in iodine and vitamins.
- Skin rash. Here you need to find out and treat the problem, not its consequence. Seaweed does not facilitate such a condition, and you are just wasting your time.
- Rosacea. It’s hereditary and age-related skin disease is widely distributed. It manifests itself by the formation and growth of spider veins on the face, mainly on the cheeks. Algae improve blood flow, and therefore, they will make the mesh even more.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Vitamins and minerals received in the mother’s body after applying the mask, will be in the circulatory system of the fetus or breast milk, although not all of them are useful to the child as well as his mother. Therefore, during pregnancy and breastfeeding need to be careful when choosing not only food, but also cosmetic procedures.
Do not use facial masks from seaweed in cases where the cause of your problem is unknown, even the most positive reviews. The initial stages of many diseases are manifested only in appearance, and some of them deadly, such as cancer. They have property sometimes to respond to a harmless treatments in unpredictable ways.
Recipes popular homemade masks
To prepare the facial mask from seaweed kelp at home is very simple, but there are problems with its use. Seaweed is slippery leaves, so the compositions is best applied in a prone position. It will not hurt to use some thickener.
Choose the ingredients for masks depending on the needs and type of your skin. Don’t forget that seaweed gives long-lasting cosmetic effect. Therefore, it is not recommended to use more than once a week. Consider a few recipes of how to make a face mask out of the kelp.
One of these thickeners do not give slippery seaweed to crumble immediately after application, is a cosmetic clay. It will be white, blue or black — in this case, no matter your choice. Do not combine different types in one mask.
- dried seaweed — 1 tsp.;
- blue or white cosmetic clay — 1 tsp.;
- the water boiled, warm 1 tsp.
For oily skin you can substitute the clay with Dead sea mud, especially with the addition of sulfur. On this basis, make a mask from a mixture of pre-soaked, swollen kelp and the same amount of crushed pulp of a fresh aloe leaf.
For reviews face mask of seaweed on honey-oil-based effective. Very gentle even on sensitive skin.
- dried seaweed — 1 tsp.;
- thick, natural flower honey — 1 tsp;
- olive oil or flax seed oil — 3 drops.
Give preference to thick, natural flower honey — your treat for the skin will not be spread. In this recipe oil sources of polyunsaturated acids and vitamin E. Sometimes they are replaced by one drop of nicotinic acid, which can be bought at the pharmacy. Such local applications is much healthier Smoking.
Gelatin is an excellent natural gelling agent, a source of collagen, a necessary skin protein that is generally not found in other animal products. But we must remember that in cold and frozen as it is impossible to add anything. But if gelatin will be hot, the kelp will lose about a third of its useful properties. Because seaweed should be added only when it cools down, but not harden.
- dried seaweed — 1 tsp.;
- food gelatin, no dyes and flavorings — 1 tsp.;
- warm boiled water, fruit or vegetable juice, decoction of herbs — 3 tbsp;
- lukewarm water — enough to soak the kelp.
Reviews about the mask based on seaweed
- Christina (22 years, eagle): “as a teenager I learned that I have sensitive skin and fits me not all cosmetics from the store. My mom told me to use to moisturize and nourish the skin mask with seaweed. After a month of its use 1 time per week it took the redness caused by cream from the store, which I used before, although it was considered hypoallergenic. Now I regularly make masks with laminaria”.
- Elena (36 years old, Vladivostok): “I Have oily skin, so for 30 years appeared on my face enlarged pores and fatty nodules, especially on the cheeks. Until then, I used a mask of aloe, but it is not too effective in dealing with a malfunction of the sebaceous glands. A friend told me about the masks of seaweed. I heard somewhere about the anti-cellulite wrappings from her, and decided to take a chance. After three applications within two weeks of Wen have become smaller, disappeared more than half of the enlarged pores, smoothed fine lines around the eyes. the result I liked very much, continue the treatment.”
- Irina (51 years old, Kryvyi Rih): “the Most unpleasant consequence of menopause for me was the appearance of age spots and dull skin. The concealer and powder look on the fading face worse makeup, and go on the hormonal makeup I was afraid. Learned at a women’s forum about the masks with kelp. Skin color has improved already after the first application, and all I regularly use them for more than six months. During this time I have noticeably smoothed out wrinkles, tightened facial contours, on the cheeks returned to a healthy glow. Seaweed is slippery, so I prefer masks based on clay and gelatin”.
So before you start making any wraps or masks for the face of fresh or dried laminaria algae, read about them, and the list of contraindications.
It should be remembered that the part of deficits or surpluses in the organism are asymptomatic. So to suddenly be faced with an allergic reaction, try to pre-test your next “masterpiece home of beauty” for possible allergies. For this small amount of the prepared mask apply on some little noticeable under clothing the area of skin and wait a couple of hours. Only then a face mask with laminaria can be used for other purposes
Kelp for facial rejuvenation: reviews and recipes of masks from seaweed