Want to learn how to cook, lamajo like in Armenia? It’s easy! Lamego, considered one of the most simple dishes that are usually cooked just so, to have something to eat. But the snack will turn out original and delicious, if you use the right recipe, lamajo. So about it in detail!
1.5 hours. 6 particletree complexity
A dish with a mysterious name, Lamego considered to be native Armenian. But it’s not. Homeland tortillas stuffed with meat are the Arab countries who brought their traditional food to the territory of Armenia during the military invasions of the seventh century. If the military campaigns of that era was not very successful, with lamajo the situation was exactly the opposite. The dish is so popular that it has become a favorite in the cooking of Armenia and remains so to the present day.
Features cakes, Lamego
How to cook, Lamego in the country knows every woman. The dish is served on special occasions, such as lamb chops in the oven. But approaches it skillfully and creatively.
- The dish is a tortilla with meat filling. Bread should have a soft structure, and the filling to be as juicy.
- As meat for a recipe, lamajo used lamb. Today, however, even the Armenians allow to replace part of lamb pork.
- For the test of classical Armenian, lamajo used yoghurt. Is a fermented milk drink from fermented boiled milk of cows, goats, sheep or mixture. Of course, to find in Russia, yogurt is absolutely impossible, so instead decided to use plain yogurt.
- For the filling, Lamego needs to be liquid. These pellets are fundamentally different from Italian pizza. It should be easy to spread on the dough and soak it. To achieve such consistency in the beef add water and well pomeshivayut it.
- Traditionally, Armenian cuisine uses minced meat. For lamajo is not acceptable, because its consistency the filling should be liquid. Meat mince, and at least 2 times.
- Spread the filling on the cake to a thin layer. Otherwise, in the process of baking it will melt and will burn, what will ruin the dough.
- The taste of the dish hot and spicy. It generates an abundance of Oriental spices traditionally used in Armenian cuisine: Lamego requires in the recipe cilantro, purple Basil, thyme. Herbs should be plenty.
- In order to slightly soften the taste of the dish it is served with Thane. This is another Armenian fermented milk drink, similar to our yogurt. Make it from milk with addition of yeast and salted water.
A classic recipe, Lamego simple. For the preparation you will need:
yogurt (you can substitute kefir) — 200 ml;
- water — 100 ml;
- flour — 500 g;
- salt — a pinch;
- lemon juice;
- lamb (flesh) — 500 g;
- onions — 2 large heads;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- tomato paste — a tablespoon with a slide;
- herbs cilantro, Basil, thyme — a big bunch;
- salt and black pepper.
Serves, lamajo to the table!
How to cook, lamajo, we know, but how to serve properly? Is in Armenian cuisine on this account there are a few recommendations.
Meat cakes should be served hot.
- Before serving, each is drizzle with lemon juice.
- Dish a La carte, served heaped on a plate. To add up a hill, you need lower flat cake to put the stuffing up, next put the stuffing down. Next close up again, and then again at the bottom. So the filling doesn’t “get” the neighboring pellet. And to take the plates should be lamajo in “closed form”, that is, a few pellets at once.
- Sharp taste can somewhat mitigate the Armenian tan that cakes made to drink. However, to “get” this milk drink is not possible. But you can cook for yourself. To do this, take boiled milk, slightly warm, add the desired number of bacteria for yogurt (sold in any supermarket). After fermentation, pour in finished yogurt, mineral, slightly salty water in the proportion of three to one. So you get home Armenian tan.
Be sure to try the juicy and spicy cakes Lamego! The recipe with photo on our site will help prepare them as well as Armenian Housewives!
Video: how to cook, Lamego
Lamego recipe: how to cook a popular dish of Armenian cuisine!