Sauce as the finishing touch like a good accessory to any dish adds beauty, flavor and aroma. Unfortunately, the sauces are often too fatty and high in calories, so not suitable for those who follow the figure. However, there are many tasty and healthy low-calorie sauces for salads and hot dishes, which will bring your figure of extra pounds. The website “ToKnow365.top” have collected for you recipes for low calorie sauces for all tastes.
As the basis of all sauces use natural yoghurt without sugar and flavorings, or yogurt. You can also use buttermilk — low-fat byproduct of the production of butter from cow’s milk with a specific sour taste.
The caloric value of buttermilk is 41 kcal per 100 g, yogurt — 56 kcal, natural low-fat yogurt — 60 calories.
When compared to calorie with our favorite condiments — mayonnaise (624 calories), sour cream (206 kcal), or olive oil (898 kcal), it becomes clear that these products are a godsend for those seeking to keep weight under control.
Low-calorie sauces based on dairy products (buttermilk, kefir and natural yogurt) with the addition of various vegetables, herbs and other products are very simple to prepare. The ingredients do not require heat treatment that preserves all the nutrients. With this you can get all kinds of interesting low-calorie dishes, adding new sauces to simple products (e.g., boiled rice, or steamed fish).
For the preparation of any of the following sauces mix basis with all other components using a mixer or blender.
The dressings must be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to let them soak up the flavors and aromas of the ingredients and cool to the required temperature. Low calorie sauces for hot dishes can be cooled, but also give a little brew.
Low calorie sauces for salads
- Sauce with herbs: the basis of this sauce is the low — fat buttermilk. Add to it 2-3 tablespoons of low fat sour cream and one tablespoon chopped fresh herbs to taste e.g. Basil and thyme, and finely chopped green onions and crushed garlic clove. Add one teaspoon of dry mustard, and Apple cider vinegar (2 teaspoons). Mix all the ingredients well.
- The Chile sauce: mix in a blender one Cup of low fat yogurt together with two tablespoons of tomato paste and one tablespoon of chili sauce.
- Sauce with Apple and cucumber: a glass of natural yoghurt, add grated or finely chopped salted or pickled cucumber and Apple, a little prepared mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything carefully.
- Sauce for vegetables: take 200 g low-fat yogurt, add 2 tablespoons chili sauce and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mediterranean sauce: 1 tomato, 8-10 black or green olives, a clove of garlic, a couple tablespoons of chopped green onions. Vegetables grind in a blender, mix with 200 g of yogurt, salt, pepper.
- Sauce Apple curry: one finely chopped or grated grated Apple, mix with 200 grams of yogurt and a teaspoon of curry powder.
- Lemon sauce: lemon zest, grate on fine grater, add the chopped fresh dill, salt to taste. 200 g yogurt, low fat, pour 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and add the remaining ingredients. Mix.
- Garlic sauce: 1 Cup yogurt mix to taste with soy sauce, add Apple cider vinegar or prepared mustard. Salt, add the crushed garlic — 1 clove.
Low calorie sauces for hot dishes
- Onion sauce for fish dishes: take 250 g low-fat yogurt, 1-2 tablespoons finely narublennoy herbs, for example dill or any other to taste, and 1 teaspoon of finely chopped red onion. Mix all ingredients, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Horseradish sauce: mix well a glass of low fat sour cream with one tablespoon of prepared horseradish. This sauce goes well with fish dishes.
- Tomato-onion sauce: take the finely chopped tomato (after remove the skin, rinsing it with boiling water), chopped small bunch of chives, 100 g low-fat yogurt, 2 tablespoons chopped Basil leaves (or other greens), salt, pepper. After that, mix thoroughly.
- Tomato sauce: peel 2 fresh tomatoes, rinsing them with boiling water. Mix in blender pre-chopped ingredients for the sauce: peeled tomatoes, one avocado, and crushed garlic clove and grated on a fine grater ginger root. Add 3 tablespoons Apple or wine vinegar, one tablespoon sunflower oil and salt to taste. Again all stir.
- Mushroom sauce: grind in a coffee grinder 100 g of dried mushrooms, add a little boiling water and let stand: mushrooms should soften. Then connect the mushrooms with 100 g of low-fat yogurt or buttermilk, salt, pepper and stir with a fork or in a blender. Mushrooms are a low calorie food, and the sauce is good for rice.
- Green sauce-cream: take 100 g of green peas and fresh cucumber, green onion to taste. Vegetables grind in a blender, season with salt and pepper. Mix a Cup of yoghurt and two tablespoons of chili sauce.
- Fish sauce: take 5 peeled, salted or pickled sprats, chop them, add two tablespoons of chopped dill, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients with 1 Cup low-fat yogurt.
The website sympaty.net hopes that are easy to prepare low-calorie sauces will help you to surprise your loved ones culinary skills and to add variety to your table without harm to the figures!
The author – Svetlana Kriskovich, site ToKnow365.top
Low calorie sauces: delicious delights without harm to the figures