“Hello! I have this problem. I’m about to give birth, but at home we have a dog that constantly sheds, and the house has a lot of its coat. Tell me how a dog can affect the health of the newborn?”
Female site sympaty.net c performs a request and talks today about children and Pets.
Pets and infectious diseases
First of all, you must remember that all Pets are potential sources and carriers of infectious diseases.
1. Shingles, the disease, about which we heard everything. Ringworm is a skin lesions and hair fungus, the skin starts to peel off, and hair to fall out. The disease is transmitted by direct contact with infected animals, so it is best from time to time to show your pet to the vet.
2. Helminthiasis – disease caused by worms. A carrier of the disease can become even a healthy animal that regularly walking on the street, because the larvae of the worms excreted with the faeces of infected animals.
In this case, it is very important to respect the rules of personal hygiene, because the child can pet the animal and not to wash my hands, and thus be infected with a bot. Have a sick child there is itching and redness in the anal region, poor appetite, abdominal pain, anxiety.
So it is important to timely treatment and prevention of diseases in domestic animals.
3. Another potential disease – rabiesinfection which comes from the bite of a sick animal. The disease leads to the defeat of the Central nervous system, including the most deplorable consequences ? it is Therefore recommended that vaccination of Pets, especially dogs and cats constantly running around the street, unattended, in the private sector.
In case of animal bite the child, you need to go to the doctor for vaccination against rabies.
In addition to these three major infectious diseases, there are other. But the most important protection of the child from such diseases is to avoid close contact of the child with a pet in the first months of life. And of course, observe basic rules of personal hygiene.
Allergic to Pets
Very unpleasant disease is allergic to Pets. The Allergy is manifested by redness of the eyes, runny nose, cough, possibly even the emergence of skin rashes and shortness of breath.
The allergen enters the body through airborne droplets, but the allergen can serve as hair, saliva, urine, feathers, bird droppings and even food for the animals!
Allergens Pets are very survivable, and even after removal of the animal they remain inside the house for another six months. The risk of Allergy in children is higher if someone of the family members manifest an allergic reaction.
If your child has any signs of allergies, you must consult a doctor.
How to reduce the risk of various diseases transmitted from Pets to children?
Here are a few recommendations:
- Be sure to wash your hands and a child after contact with a pet
- Before your house will be a newborn, think about the veterinary examination of your pet. You may need to do some vaccinations. In the future, don’t forget to do the prevention of various diseases of your pet.
- As mentioned earlier, avoid close contact with pet child: licking, sniffing, touching. At least in the first months of a child’s life when his immune system is still not strong enough. If the pet is licking and chewing on the toys, they should be carefully washed.
- In any case, do not leave your baby alone with a pet! Even when the baby sleeps!
- Child and pet must live in different rooms, there are sun loungers, a small cell is better to remove from the room where the child sleeps.
- Regularly clean up after animals, clean the couch, the cage, remove the fur and dander. Try not to use carpets and carpets, best carpets, which are easy to clean.
- And of course, bathe your pet with a special shampoo every week or more often, depending on the degree of contamination.
Author Koronevsky Eugene, website www.sympaty.net — ToKnow365.top
To copy this article, You do not need to obtain special permission,
but active, not closed from the search engines link to our site is OBLIGATORY!
Please observe our copyright.
Pets and children’s health