Are you still buying mayonnaise at the store? Do not be confused by dozens of “E” on the packaging and the lack of natural ingredients? Try to cook this sauce at home! You will be surprised how simple the recipe of mayonnaise at home. You won’t want to buy questionable store-bought products!
2.5 hours. 10 servings. Easy to prepare
It argued that the age of the mayonnaise equals the lifetime of human civilization. Such a sauce of egg yolks and olive oil have independently arisen in several cuisines of the world. Perhaps it was the ancestor of the famous garlic-olive sauce with salt, known since Ancient Greece. In the XVIII century it was improved by the French, causing the mayonnaise referred to French cuisine, and is often associated with the name of the chef of the famous Duke of Richelieu, who was famous for gastronomic tastes to gourmet products.
The most famous sauce in Russia
In Russia, popular mayonnaise “Provencal” (cooked in mustard). According to GOST, there are 3 types of this sauce:
- low calorie with fat mass fraction of up to 40%;
- srednekaloriynye with a mass fraction of fat content of 40-55%;
- high-calorie — fat content of above 55%.
It is believed that the most natural is a high-calorie mayonnaise, so as to reduce the caloric content required the use of numerous additives. The shelf life of this sauce is from 1 to 7 months, which is absolutely unthinkable for mayonnaise, made from natural ingredients. Because many women know how much is kept mayonnaise in the fridge — no more than 1 week.
Use sauce versatile. It is used as a dressing for salads, stuffing for pizza with sausage and other ingredients for roasting meat, hot and cold snacks. A classic recipe for homemade mayonnaise, which we describe below, can vary supplements, that every time you get a new familiar taste of the sauce.
Prepare homemade mayonnaise
For preparing the classic sauce you’ll need:
- 4 yolks,
- 1 tablespoon mustard (any, although the French do, of course, Dijon),
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- half a teaspoon of salt,
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (Apple cider),
- 500 ml of vegetable oil.
6 secrets of how to make homemade mayonnaise correctly
- Prepare the ingredients in advance, they should be at room temperature.
- Use mixer or processor for whisking at a slow speed: it is much easier task. Ate them no, you can do a halo, but then to pour in oil at the beginning of mixing to literally drop.
- Instead of vinegar you can use lemon juice.
- To the mayonnaise wasn’t bitter, use olive and sunflower oil. Or combine 1 part of olive oil with 5 parts of sunflower.
- If the sauce is thick, add a couple tablespoons of warm water and whisk again.
- If in the process of whipping weight curled, take a clean bowl, put into it 1 egg yolk. And whisking, very slowly inject the failed mass, and then continue to pour the remaining oil.
Recipe of vegetable mayonnaise
In the post or for reduced calorie you can prepare homemade mayonnaise without eggs. Not right to be that it milk, since dairy products are forbidden during lent. You can substitute vegetable broth.
You will need:
- In half of the vegetable broth to dissolve the starch.
- The other half of the broth bring to a boil, pour into it a lot of starch. Stir until thick, remove from heat, cool.
- The resulting jelly to shift in a deep bowl. Add sugar, salt, mustard, lemon juice. Beat with a blender or whisk.
- Continuing to whisk, pour in vegetable oil in a thin stream.
- Low-calorie mayonnaise at home is ready!
New tastes familiar sauce
The beauty of homemade sauce is not only its genuineness and security. But also in the ability to taste new and original. To do this, you can add other ingredients.
- Greens (dill, parsley, Basil) — will give the sauce a green color and delicate flavor. Goes well with fish dishes.
- Spices (ginger, coriander, garlic) — will create the zest (sweet or spicy) and perfectly emphasize the taste of meat or crunchy toast.
- Olives will add a bright Mediterranean notes, perfectly combined with dishes of seafood.
- Cheese will make the taste deeper and more milk that goes well with vegetable dishes and much-loved potato.
As you can see, making mayonnaise at home is straightforward. And the result is the creation of new tastes will be a real discovery for you and your family!
Video recipes homemade mayonnaise
Recipe of mayonnaise at home: a classic and low-calorie