A classic dish of Russian cuisine is rightfully should be on our table. Bright pumpkin is delicious. Any cereal, it’s a fabulous side dish and the natural sweetness adds to the appeal for the children’s table. It is only important to cook it. How to do it? Describe in detail and offer simple recipes for porridge from the pumpkin with the popular cereals — rice and wheat.
1.5 hours. 3 portieren complexity
Cooked pumpkin porridge with milk. Him a vegetable becomes more tender, flavorful. During heat treatment it does not lose useful properties. On the contrary, the decoction makes the pumpkin easier to digest by the body. This can easily offer to children that the original taste of the dish will appreciate!
How to choose a pumpkin
The main ingredient of the dish is the pumpkin. A correct choice depends on the taste, texture and use of the final product. Solar vegetable is inexpensive, widely available in the fall. Due to the fact that the pumpkin is well kept in the winter, it can surely be considered one of the most useful winter products. But pumpkin pumpkin strife.
- Choose fruit of medium size. In our area cultivate one kind of vegetable — twardogora. Its fruits do not grow large, usually up to 5 kilograms weight. Optimal to buy pumpkins weighing about 3 pounds. These will be sweet in taste and juicy. If the fetus is more inside it can be dry and tasteless.
- Do not buy vegetable pieces. Cut the pumpkin though stored well, but loses nutrients. The flesh dries up and it starts to rot. Plus the cut vegetable is difficult to understand the degree of maturity (about it shows dry stalk). If you are planning the purchase of a piece, select it with a dense uniform pulp. This was cut recently.
- Look at the color. Bright orange hue says not about the ripeness of the fruit. It provides vitamin a, the content of which pumpkin is the champion. Than vitamin more the brighter the color.
- Feel the peel. It should be firm, but not “wooden”. Ideally when you can pierce with a fingernail. This peel speaks of the ripeness of vegetable and its freshness.
To choose a good pumpkin slice would help her seeds. Try one. If it is dense, sweet, crunchy, it means the fruit is ripe and has been cut recently. When the seeds have time to dry, give up the purchase.
So, the vegetable is selected. How to cook porridge from the pumpkin? The dish can be prepared on the stovetop or in the oven. On the stove the porridge cook faster, usually in the cooked pumpkin and rice. In the oven the better grits are steamed, so for this recipe you can use components bad razvivayuschiesya. For oven use recipe corn porridge with pumpkin dishes with millet.
Here are a few of the intricacies of the dishes.
- The smaller you cut the vegetables, the faster to cook the dish. Grind the pumpkin pieces or you can grate.
- First, boil the pumpkin until tender, and then lay the rump. Boiled vegetable should be on the water. If the liquid in the pan left, it can be drained.
- The saturation of pumpkin flavor can be controlled. For persistent flavour you should leave the water in which the cooked slices, and pour less milk. For the delicate taste of the water is drained completely, and groats boiled in fresh milk.
- Millet porridge with pumpkin will taste better if liberally season it with oil. Dishes based on rice or corn a large quantity of butter is not required.
- To saturate the creamy taste use cream. They can replace part of the milk to make the consistency more tender and to exclude from the recipe oil.
- Change the consistency of food at discretion. After bringing until cooked vegetable, you can leave the pieces. Then pumpkin porridge with millet or rice is more dense. You can also crush it into a puree or mash with a blender. This dish is perfect for feeding kids.
- Use spices. Don’t forget about the perfect notes, used in sweet dishes: vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom. Perfectly emphasizes the taste of the vegetable milk and nutmeg.
A tasty dish will become even more interesting and useful additives. Use raisins or prunes, which should constitute the bulk of cereal. You can add fresh apples, sprinkled them ready-made porridge or putting in the pan.Simple recipes
We offer you the recipes, how to cook millet porridge with pumpkin and flavorful dish with rice. First we will prepare in a pot, use a second pan.
With the grain
Age pumpkin porridge with millet in Russian cuisine, centuries ago. According to the classic recipe we can cook a dish that are eaten in peasant families and were used in wealthy homes. As a tasty additive to it, we use honey. To achieve originality in consistency you can add nuts.
You will need:
- groats millet — 1 Cup;
- milk — 200 ml;
- water — 200 ml;
- pumpkin — 600 g;
- honey — 2 tbsp. spoon;
- butter — 40 g
This recipe for how to cook porridge from pumpkin, perfect for a family Breakfast. Instead of a pot use a baking dish that you can tightly wrap with foil or cover. To serve the dish in the same place.
The recipe for pumpkin porridge with rice is simple and original. The dish turns out sweet, moderately thick.
You will need:
- pumpkin — 800 g;
- rice — 80 g (1/2 Cup);
- milk — 1 liter;
- sugar — 3 tbsp. spoons;
- butter — 70 g
Tender and flavorful porridge is delicious by itself. But it will not spoil nuts, seeds of flax, sesame, raisins.
Now you are aware of the intricacies of how to cook pumpkin porridge, and versatile recipes with millet, rice. Use other cereals in combination with this useful vegetable. Your winter diet will always be tasty and rich in vitamins!
Recipes for pumpkin porridge with millet, and rice