Japanese cuisine with great speed and with no less success gaining continents. Her extravagant dishes never fail to surprise and even shock. Try them once, you can understand the mentality and national character of the Country of the rising sun. It is noteworthy that Japanese centenarians with surprising health and vigor, as the head of their table is the usefulness of food. So, the obvious benefit of salad “Chuka” – a traditional dish of seaweed wakame, without which culinary journey to Japan would be incomplete. What is this dish, what are the benefits and what possible harm salad “Chuka”?
15 min. makes 4 servings. Easy to prepare
Natalia Volkova on 27 November 2017773
The content of the article
- 1 the Benefits and harms of salad “Chuka”
- 1.1 what is the effect on the body
- 1.2 Contraindications
- 2 Quality product: 6 criteria
- 3 Main ingredients
- 4 a Compilation of recipes with wakame
- 4.1 Classic
- 4.2 With squid
- 4.3 With peanut sauce
- 4.4 With cucumber
- 4.5 kelp
- 4.6 With red fish
- 5 Tasty or not: reviews
In this country, as in any other massively consumed seaweed for centuries, relating them to the products prolonging life. Every year, each Japanese consumes an average of up to 10 kg “sea grass”. Japanese cuisine uses more than 100 of its species, however, algae wakame (we have often called “Chuka”) are considered to be the most popular. The eponymous salad “Chuka” made from them, is renowned for its usefulness due to the high content of vitamins and minerals. Incidentally, the name “chuuka” is translated from Japanese as “Chinese”.
The benefits and harms of salad “Chuka”
Chuka, or “hiyashi wakame” – a wild algae that live in marine waters at depths up to 100 m. the Asians use it in fresh or dried form in our supermarkets Chuka gets frozen, Packed or ready-made salads. Has a neutral taste, pleasant aroma without the explicit smell of iodine, which this seafood is rich. Mainly used for making sushi, rolls, salads, noodles. All the goodness of seaweed Chuka lies in the composition. This overseas delicacy is full of nutrient and vitamin substances.
- A number of vitamins. A, D, K, E, C, b group – thiamin and choline. They are beneficial to the operation of all important systems of the body. Improve overall health including the condition of the bones and joints, skin, hair, nails, teeth. Strengthen immunity, accelerate metabolic processes, increase vitality and mood.
- Mineral complexes. In a large number of iodine, vanadium, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, and potassium, copper, sodium and manganese. These elements prevent the risk of diseases of the cardiovascular, nervous, respiratory, digestive systems. The high concentration of iodine helps thyroid gland in producing hormones.
- Amino acids. Break down subcutaneous fat, contributing to losing weight, strengthen muscle tissue. Important in the recovery of the body after physical and psychological stress.
- Antioxidants. Responsible for the destruction of free radicals in the body, prevent development of such serious diseases as cancer, atherosclerosis, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes. Improve skin condition and bone structure.
- Vegetable proteins. Necessary for metabolism, elasticity and strength of skin, muscles, connective tissue, bones, for a full mental activity.
- Plant cellulose. Useful for digestion, cleans the organism from the debris, toxins.
- Fatty acids omega-3. Struggling with the first signs of aging, eliminate “bad” cholesterol, a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, help to lose weight.
Iodine deficiency is one of the most common modern health problems. Products, compensate for the lack of iodine in the human body are beans, prunes, persimmons, shrimp and squid, cod liver, marine fish, Turkey meat, iodized salt. The champion on the content of this element is recognized as seaweed, 100 g of which could be from 100% to 3000% of the daily value of iodine for adults.What is the effect on the body
Useful properties of salad “Chuka” due to just the main component of the dish. One of the main advantages of algae – ensuring the proper functioning of the thyroid and alignment of a hormonal background. However, this positive effect of marine products on the body is not limited. For useful factors also include:
- a positive impact on the heart and blood vessels;
- prevention of strokes and heart attacks;
- the slowing of the aging mechanisms;
- the improvement of the digestive and urinary systems;
- revitalization of the brain;
- fight with atherosclerotic manifestations;
- improving the functioning of the digestive tract;
- stabilization excretion of bile, intestinal cleansing;
- the natural decline in the level of glucose in the blood;
- restorative effect on the body;
- preventing depression;
- the prevention of cancer.
Seaweed Chuka useful for the female body to prevent stagnant phenomena in the pelvis. It helps rapid healing of irritation and damage to mucous membranes of the genitals. Proven benefits of eating seaweed wakame and men. Seafood reduces the risks of prostate diseases, stabilizes potency.
Chuka is a strong aphrodisiac: daily consumption of seafood significantly increases libido in men and women.Contraindications
As with any food component, Chuka has a number of contraindications to the use. The product is potentially dangerous if harvested in ecologically unfavorable regions. In addition, it may cause the body harm in five cases.
Quality product: 6 criteria
Where can I buy chuku? In large supermarkets, specialty seafood shops, sushi bars, Internet shops. Most often, the product is sold in frozen, dry or canned (pickled). To go home and not to be disappointed in the purchase, remember the six rules.
Reputable chefs at purchase I advise you to prefer not salted or canned, and dried algae.Main ingredients
Algae have a low energy value. The average caloric content of classic salad “Chuka” – 64 kcal per 100 g. however, the salad is good satisfies hunger: in the merit of the 7 g of protein, 0.5 g fat, 12 g carbohydrates, an impressive number of nutrients. This property is particularly valued by nutritionists and people who are actively watching their weight. With the use of Chuki developed diets for safe weight loss, including the mono-diet, which in the absence of contraindications is possible to adhere two or three days.
In Japan the name “Chuck” brings together different salads with common features. This:
- algae (the main ingredient of salad dishes);
- thinly sliced vegetables (cucumbers, carrots);
- sometimes the meat or ham;
- often cellophane;
- light dressings: soy, peanut or sesame;
- the seeds and oil of sesame.
- Japanese mushrooms, kikurage (pickled “wood ears” is not difficult to find in local supermarkets);
- agar-agar (Japanese vegetable gelatin derived from seaweed);
- lemon juice;
A selection of recipes with wakame
Chuka is served as a separate dish, goes well with steamed vegetables, boiled beans, fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, scrambled eggs. Its flavor harmonizes with chicken breast and seafood. With composition you can safely experiment.
Description. The classic recipe for seaweed salad “Chuka” – the easiest of all. Its taste is close to what eat the people of Japan. With advanced defrost the main component of the preparation will take no more than 15 minutes. Besides the basic recipe – the low calorie, be effective for weight loss.
- wakame – 250 g;
- mushrooms, kikurage (used pickled) – 100 g;
- water and soy sauce – 50 ml;
- freshly squeezed lemon juice – one teaspoon;
- starch – a third of a tablespoon;
- sesame oil – one teaspoon;
- sesame seeds – half tbsp;
- chilli – optional.
To make the salad “Chuka” from dried algae, you will need to pre-fill them with water. So they will absorb enough moisture, it will gain its original consistency. Dark green “curls” after the swelling have to turn into a translucent, thin, pale green stripes. Further step-by-step salad recipe with cokoi the same as the classic.
Description. Salad “Chuka” with seafood is a real vitamin and iodine of the charge. Squid in the recipe can easily be supplemented or replaced with shrimp, crab sticks. To decorate the salad will fit the halves of quail eggs.
- algae – 250 g;
- squid – one or two carcass;
- quail eggs – three or four pieces;
- sesame seeds – two tablespoons;
- soy sauce – three tablespoons;
- sesame oil – two teaspoons;
- red pepper, a small pod.
With peanut sauce
Description. The sauce is a fundamentally important addition to many Asian salads. Try to cook salad “Chuka” with peanut sauce – the traditional condiment for this dish. Its original taste beneficial set off the taste of seaweed. The basis for this recipe can be various nuts.
- algae – 250 g;
- shelled peanuts or walnuts – a handful;
- soy sauce four tbsp;
- sesame oil – two teaspoons;
- Apple cider, rice or wine vinegar (optional) – three teaspoons (or two teaspoons of lemon juice mixed with 0.5 teaspoon of mustard);
- sesame seeds – half tbsp;
- cold water to three tablespoons.
Another option for making nut filling involves the use of starch (a teaspoon dissolved in three tablespoons water). To do this, mix equal parts (about a quarter Cup) sauce and water, heat gradually interfere the diluted starch. When the mixture has thickened and cooled, add the remaining components, stirred.
Description. Recipe salad “Chuka” with cucumber – vitamin “bomb”, its preparation takes several minutes. In a spicy green salad, you can add carrots, bell pepper, celery or avocado.
- seaweed – 100 g;
- cucumber – two;
- bell pepper – one;
- fresh carrots – one;
- soy sauce – two tablespoons;
- sesame and olive oil – a tablespoon;
- honey – two teaspoons;
- Apple cider vinegar – tablespoon;
- ginger grated – teaspoon;
- chopped lemon peel and lime juice – a teaspoon;
- sesame seeds – a tablespoon.
Description. In this recipe, wakame seaweed combine with kombu (seaweed). These components are used in dried form, ready to pour boiling water.
- algae wakame and kombu – 100 g each;
- vegetable oil and Apple cider vinegar – a tablespoon;
- sesame seeds – a couple of tablespoons;
- onion – one;
- marinated mushrooms, kikurage – 100 g;
- sugar and salt to taste.
With red fish
Description. This exotic salad made at home would be appropriate on a festive table. Despite the abundance of ingredients, the dish will be ready in 30-40 minutes.
- fillet of salted salmon – 250 g;
- algae – 250-300 g;
- pine nuts – two tablespoons;
- arugula – a small bunch;
- sweet peppers – one;
- orange – one;
- refined vegetable oil – a quarter Cup;
- soy sauce – three tablespoons;
- honey – tablespoon;
- lemon juice – two tablespoons;
- boiled egg – one;
- garlic – to taste.
On the basis of this recipe is you can prepare the salad “Chuka” with chicken or Turkey only replacing the fish meat, cut into strips. This gourmet salad variety to the festive meal, but can also be used as everyday dishes.
Seaweed is incredibly healthy, full development of the body. And if many neglected popular seaweed because of its peculiar smell or slimy texture, among the above suggested culinary options to choose the recipe of salad “Chuka” on your own taste. This dish will help “recharge” your body with powerful vitamin-mineral dose. Besides, it’s delicious, neojidanno, hearty and low-calorie.
Tasty or not: reviews
Sure! as a lover of this salad from a wonderful algae, I can confirm that I have here (in Russia) 2 name is Chuck and Kaiso. But it is still good and peanut sauce, which is always served. And I want to say that you eat it with the sauce and squeezed a slice of orange (not lemon!!) Oh how nice. However it is still served with rings of hot red pepper, but I always painstakingly caught)) recalled, now Drools)) mnaka! by the way the question that is itching for a long time: the algae were a vibrant green, which has always been perceived as a natural pigment, but once said (dropping a piece of clothing) this Zeleny color is painted, clear those leaves lush green. What is it?
I love rolls with czukay say that it is very useful for the body. So when you order baked rolls and sets with home delivery in Toliatti … and cukai take. I want to live as long as Japanese. Banzay)))
I do not know as in Moscow, and in America I buy a different seaweed, dried in the sun. Then soaked eat different salads, very tasty, my signature salad for guests — two varieties of seaweed, fresh herbs, sesame seeds, grated ginger and a little sesame oil. All the recipe please. And do you have any Japanese supermarkets or Chinese? There may well be. Very delicious varieties wakame and arame. Salads made of wakame in Japanese and Chinese restaurants serve, so maybe the product itself is?
Salad “Chuka”: the benefits and harm of dietary and nutritious recipes from wakame seaweed + reviews