The cold weather is not a reason to deny yourself the pleasure to work out in the fresh air. It is only important to organize the process, and how to do it, I’ll tell you now “ToKnow365.top“.
Sport in the cold: pre-training
To start, determine the time and place to study.
Winter day is short, and if you plan a workout in the early morning or evening hours take care of your security. So, if you decided to continue to run in the cold, choose a place where there is no movement of the car: the driver simply may not see you in the dark. The best place for winter runs can be called stadiums (school or just those that are located in your area).
It is very important to dress properly. Get an underwear – it helps to not sweat during workouts.
The next layer of clothing should help to retain heat, and the third, top layer – protects against wind and moisture. Choose things that won’t constrict movement. Be sure to wear workout gloves and a hat that covers the ears.
If you went out and feel a little cold – you can assume that correctly picked up equipment: during active movements you will warm up. But if you feel too cold you need to bundle up. Better consider to remove something of clothing (e.g. sweater), if you get too hot.
Please pay special attention to the shoes. If you are planning this type of training like running in the cold, are best suited winterized running shoes with ribbed soles.
You can run in winter boots, but keep in mind that they are quite heavy. However, if you want to increase the load – these shoes fit perfectly. And, of course, do not forget warm socks.
Be sure to take the training water. It may seem that in winter, during physical activity the body loses less moisture than in summer, and you will not feel thirsty.
This is incorrect: the main loss of fluid occurs in the cold during respiration. Perhaps you will feel during class weakness or dizziness – so the body signals that it was dehydration. This should not be allowed.
Before going outdoors be sure to use nourishing cream and hygienic lipstick to protect face and lips from the cold and wind. Choose creams that contain protection from ultraviolet radiation in winter day, his skin much more intense.
Tips for fitness training in the cold
If you were in the fresh air regularly not only in summer but also in autumn – perfect! Your body sufficiently prepared for the changes in temperature and adapts perfectly to winter conditions.
If you are just starting to exercise or have made a long break, start with light loads, gradually increasing the duration and intensity of your workouts.
During Jogging or exercise inhale only through the nose. In this case, it is warmed by passing through the respiratory tract and colds you can not be afraid.
Always begin classes with warm-up. It should be more intensive and can be performed in more winter clothes then you will be removed. Workout will allow you to warm up.
Don’t forget about stretching, in the winter this is especially important in the cold time people worse control its motion, and therefore the probability of sprains, falls and other injuries increases. Stretching will make the muscles and ligaments more elastic and will reduce the risk of injury.
Move during your workout hard enough – this will allow you to avoid hypothermia, but not too hard.
Remember that fitness in the cold not only allows you to burn more calories than in warm season, but also gives an additional burden on the heart muscle.
It is believed that neither frost nor wind are not a hindrance to practice. But, if the sport in cold – activity is unusual for you, and you can skip the workout when the temperature drops below – 15 degrees.
If it’s too windy, the training time is recommended, to avoid frostbite.
Fitness in the cold: what to do?
If you prefer Jogging, there’s no reason to stop running in the cold. But winter offers opportunities for many types of physical activity that is unavailable at other times of the year. Why not take this opportunity?
Of course, the skating and skiing is the most famous and popular fitness when it is cold. By the way, at the rink, you can lose up to 700 calories in an hour, but only if you have skating.
Regular skating will help you shed 400 calories in that same time period, and at the same time give a good workout to all muscle groups, especially thighs, buttocks and press.
During a pleasant day’s skiing, you will easily part with 300 calories in an hour, but during cross-country skiing will burn 2 times more and will strengthen the back, hips, arms and shoulders.
Winter days – the perfect time to play with children, besides active walking can also be seen as a kind of fitness in the cold. Judge for yourself:
- You play in the snow and burn up to 400 calories per hour.
- So you lose, have fun riding on sleds from the mountain.
- You sculpt a snowman or a snow Fort for hours to the delight of kids and at the same time get rid of 350 calories.
- And, you can play children’s pioneer and walk on virgin snow, sinking in the snow almost waist-deep! You are guaranteed a fun adventure and getting rid of 400 calories per hour.
- Simple one hour walk on a winter tracks Park will rid you of 200 calories, and if you take a kid and give him a ride on a sled, then spend 350 calories for the same time.
Well, if you prefer more extreme sports, in the cold, too there’s plenty to choose from. Sympaty.net offers to try yourself, for example, the following exotic winter species:
- Snowkiting. You move around in the snow or ice skating, skiing or snowboarding, maneuvering, overcoming various obstacles like trampolines and driving while kite (kite).
- Winter Windsurfing. You slide on a special platform, equipped with skis or free style blades and a sail; by changing the inclination of the sails and controlling the legs, you wiggle.
- Broomball. This is a game resembling hockey, only instead of a puck used a ball instead of a stick – a special broom, and the feet of the players skates, and rubber shoes.
- Ice-klayming. This type of rock climbing, only to get not have rocks and chunks of ice. Of course, such sports require special equipment.
The author – Elena Matusak (Lanberri), site – ToKnow365.top
Sport in the cold: how to burn calories in the winter?