Want to please loved ones a new tasty dish for the holiday table? Prepare them a stuffed squid! Should not be considered an oceanic delicacy commonplace. It could surprise you by the richness and many opportunities to experiment with toppings!
1.5 hours. 6 particletree complexity
Invertebrates clams, about which speech will go, are no longer considered exceptional delicacy. We’d rather give that title lightly salted salmon, which is more expensive, and found in every supermarket. But to cross this ocean predator from the festive menu is not worth it. Most importantly, know how to choose and cook the stuffed squid, recipes with photos on our site will help you!
The main principles of cooking squid
- The correct choice of the product — the key to delicious meals, no matter how corny it sounds. Usually, carcasses are found in frozen or canned form. The latter is clear: look at the expiration date and buy if he’s all right. Frozen a little more difficult as squid, several times subjected to freezing and defrosting, be sure to taste bitter. Determine they can be stuck between the carcasses. Oceanic delicacy, frozen only once, will be covered with an even glaze and will not stick to the “neighbors”.
- In the preparation of the carcasses, you should remove the external film. For stuffing use only the body and tentacles can go in the stuffing.
- In most recipes the squid should be boiled before stuffing. The carcass must be dipped into boiling salted water in turn: first one, after boiling the water for the second, etc. Total cooking time should not exceed 5 minutes, otherwise your presets will be “rubber”.
- Stuffed squid cooked in a slow cooker, in the oven, in a frying pan. Recipes a lot! And some of them we will introduce to you.
Squid and mushrooms: the perfect combination!
The delicate taste of ocean predators perfectly complements the flavour of the mushrooms. As a filling you can use mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and others. To make the filling fragrant, add in the spices as soon as I spread the mushrooms in the pan and they start to give juice. It was at this point they are like a sponge, absorbing the surrounding smells.
Calamari, stuffed mushrooms mushrooms
You will need:
- squid — 4 PCs.;
- mushrooms — 300 g;
- onions — 1 head;
- boiled eggs — 2 PCs.;
- the onion — 5 leaves;
- butter — 50 g;
- sour cream and mayonnaise — 200 ml;
- flour — tablespoon;
- salt, pepper.
Squid stuffed with rice and mushrooms
Easy recipe, how to cook stuffed squid without roasting. You will need:
- calamari — 8 pieces;
- boiled rice — 150 g;
- marinated mushrooms — 150 g;
- carrots and onions — 2 pieces;
- eggs — 3 PCs.;
- a little mayonnaise, pepper, salt.
Stuffed squid with mushrooms and cheese
You will need:
- squid — 3 PCs.;
- mushrooms — 100 g;
- tomatoes and onions — 1 PC.;
- cheese — 100 g;
- cream — 100 ml;
- vegetable oil.
Squid and meat — the original!
If squid stuffed with rice, have become commonplace for your guests, surprise them with a more original dish. For example, this!
Stuffed calamari in white wine
You will need:
- squid — 4-5 pieces;
- minced meat — 150 g;
- parsley — ½ bunch;
- onion — 1 PC.;
- garlic — 1 clove;
- tomatoes — 2 PCs.;
- flour for breading;
- Bay leaf, salt and pepper.
Cook the stuffed squid in the oven or in a pan with one of the new, tasty toppings. And delight your family an original dish from the ocean “animal”, which you again will be considered mouth-watering delicacy!
Video recipes stuffed squid
Stuffed squid with mushrooms, rice, cheese and meat