“ToKnow365.top” again returns to the theme of pregnancy. How to make her easy and healthy? We have already talked about the early and late toxicosis, which is called preeclampsia. Today let’s focus on one of the problems with the “interesting situation”, she is one of the symptoms of late toxicosis. This phenomenon is referred to as “swelling in pregnancy”. Where do you get edema during pregnancy and how to get rid of them – read about it in today’s article.
What honking swelling during pregnancy?
As we have already mentioned, the terrible signs of preeclampsia – toxemia second half of pregnancy are high blood pressure, protein in the urine and the swelling. If you have only swelling and all other health parameters are normal, then it’s not so bad, though, don’t get too comfortable and beautiful.
Some women have swelling during pregnancy appear on the period after 30-32 weeks, and someone in the second trimester waking up with a swollen face. Someone swollen feet only, and then only in the evening or after prolonged sitting, and someone breaks in breadth the whole body.
Immediately we can say about this insidious phenomenon of hidden edema during pregnancy. That is, in the eyes of particular puffiness of the body is not evident, but the internal swelling still present. It’s dangerous!
A sign of internal swelling is significant weight gain, more than the norm. Usually this means more than 300 grams per week. So no wonder the doctors are very closely monitoring this parameter, forcing the pregnant woman to regularly weigh in, including at home (ideally) and record your weight gain on a daily basis.
It should also be sensitive to the fact that in case of presence of edema in pregnancy, the gynecologist will prescribe additional tests or send you to specialists. Sympaty.net recalls that excessive swelling can indicate problems with the kidneys or heart, and that it is necessary to exclude (or treat!).
If pregnancy swollen feet only, but strongly, it can be a symptom of venous insufficiency or varicose veins, then you should consult a phlebologist.
What if the pregnancy is edema?
Of course, first and foremost, follow the instructions of the doctors. The cause of edema during pregnancy should definitely find and fix, and swelling themselves to take control.
But here’s the General guidelines that are usually voiced by the doctor and which are good to follow to prevent edema:
- Less salt the food! Salt is known, the delay fluid in the body. Therefore, all sharp, spicy, marinated, smoked, too, should be excluded from the diet of the future mom. Think for the health of your baby you better eat right and healthy food.
- Try to use less liquid in the evenings. It’s one thing when you had a Cup of tea in the morning and then, a lot or a little, but still moving during the day, and quite another when you drank that Cup and lay down in a horizontal position. Of course, everything goes in swelling!
- The doctor can advise you in General to limit the fluid intake during the day, if the problem of swelling during pregnancy is very serious. So, if usually we suggest to drink the proverbial 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day for pregnant women, the volume of any liquid per day (and this soups, and fruit drinks – fruit drinks and juicy fruits) should not exceed 1-1,2 liters.
- Your doctor may prescribe herbal teas, extra vitamins or diuretics. But in any case, do not assign them yourself!
- If there are no contraindications, do all possible exercises for pregnant women, move and walk. It’s all good prevents fluid retention in the body.
Because swelling during pregnancy may indicate some deficiencies in the body of the expectant mother and in the absence of proper treatment be a symptom of preeclampsia, women’s website sympaty.net advises to pay careful attention to their appearance. Indeed, in varying degrees, swelling occur almost every pregnant at the time, but that’s no reason to take them for granted.
The author – Mama Puma, site ToKnow365.top
Swelling during pregnancy: how dangerous, how to get rid of them?