This year your child will be a student. You as a mother overcome many parental anxieties: “is he in school?”, “Will they be able to learn well?”, “Would either of you?”, etc.
And he is a kid… doesn’t want to school! Why so happens and whether it is possible to create for the child a positive image of the schoolthat he started dreaming about his first call and not to be afraid of him? Will tell the website “ToKnow365.top“!
Why the child may not want to go to school?
In General most children want to become students. But if not, don’t despair – there’s still time to solve the problem of “the child does not want to school”! And to start is to understand, and why this issue actually arose?
The most common, according to the site sympaty.net, reasons:
- The school as a “horror story”. “Threats to school” is often used by preschool teachers in kindergarten and even, without noticing it, parents! Rambunctious kid say, “Well in school you will not allow this!”, “It’s with me you “stand on the ears”, and teachers that you just will not go down!”, “Go to school, they learn what real discipline, to indulge in fast stop!”, etc. In the end, the preschooler gradually formed the image of the school as a “correctional facility” — it is not surprising that the child does not want to go to this school!
- The influence of older children. The brother-the student can quickly and convincingly to expose all the magical dreams about school life – especially if he succeeds on the school field! And parents indirectly confirm that everything is indeed not rosy – for example, public “debriefing” on the topic of performance in the presence of older younger! I should think a preschooler, if a student is coming home every day questioning, “Well what are you school done now? What three? You again criticize teachers?”.
- The child is too good at home. Now most readers probably be surprised – how is it “too”? It’s a kid, he needs to create a cozy and nice home atmosphere, it is necessary to love, to please, to protect from harm… All the way. But psychologists say that it’s still impossible to create within the family, inside the house, the absolute “Paradise” for the baby – otherwise the rest of the world, more stringent and complex, it will seem to him “hell”! “Zaljubljena” to the child at home the school seems doubly hard: the teacher is too strict, rude classmates, the rules are stupid and unworthy of execution… the Child may not want to go to school, if he knows that he is still the best: love all, not abuse, you can afford any trick and no one seriously angry, rigid discipline and never will be…
What to do if child is a preschooler does not want to school?
Need more about school to tell: for example, funny stories from your childhood school. But the stories should be realistic: in detail tell me how the lessons will be, what will be the rules of conduct, how to communicate with teachers, etc.
The more the child will able to imagine school life, the less fear of the unknown it will have (and in fact fear of the unknown is another common reason that the child does not want to school!).
Great, if you find the ability together with the baby to go to his future school, meet the teacher, visit the classroom, sit at a Desk…
Can watch children’s films or cartoons about school and students, to read books on the subject.
Be sure to indicate that to be a student, a disciple is a very noble cause, this is a new very important step for every child!
Interested child ready for school: go together to the store for supplies, look through textbooks in advance… you Can give him a gift for the upcoming study (not present on the 1st of September!) for example, a briefcase or a big bright encyclopedia…
“The crisis of the first quarter”
But even more common situation when the child does not want to go to school, is the so-called “crisis of the first quarter”. This usually happens so.
All of the preschool summer future first-grader violently dreaming of 1st Sep: as treasures, considering pre-purchased school supplies, promises all around that will certainly become an excellent student, anticipates the homecoming of friendship, which is written in books…
The holiday is coming: the bell rings, is a bright “line”, start the school routine with its difficulties, the child begins to get tired, and… “rose colored glasses” disappear!
The first grader begins to seem that it’s just cleverly deceived: the lessons are not so interesting, the teacher is not as kind and understanding as a mother, and generally have a bunch of cons that nobody warned – for example, the need to maintain discipline and to sit at a Desk all day.
And if this are problems with the adaptation in the team (of which we have already told) or that we are not succeeding in school, the frustration can be fixed and for many years to form a negative attitude to school!
How to avoid it?
- First, in advance and without embellishments tell the child everything he will encounter in school, for example, the requirements discipline and rules of conduct didn’t find it offensive surprise! Explain, what explains a particular rule, and how you can ask the teacher about any exception to this rule. For example, before the call to get yourself out of class not, but you can raise your hand and politely ask to go out – usually the teacher allows it!
- Second, don’t provoke the child in advance for great success and good results! Often the child stops wanting to go to school when he understands that “did not meet expectations”: to study hard, in the diary there are not only five… So better not bring the “desired” performance, and speak with your child about what the process of learning, as the lessons will be how to memorize and understand the material taught…
- Be sure to praise him for all the successes and blame for failures! This student is already older can reprimand, because he, for example, went to play football instead of homework! But to first-graders such claims simply meaningless – the child still really tired, needs physical and emotional “discharge”, his attention might scatter into extraneous things – and this is the norm!
- Never not compare him with more successful classmates – children of this age have different capabilities and abilities: one can pay attention to the teacher all 45 minutes of the lesson, the other only 10 disciplinary actions here affect not! If you see that the kid has that really “pulls” talk to a teacher, might work temporarily to ease the load: for example, if the child is hard to Wake up early in the morning, ask permission to be late for the 1st lesson or a little early to pick him up from the last lesson, to enable them to sleep longer in the afternoon, etc.
If not to aggravate the situation, often to see the progress of your baby and the positive aspects of his school life, he’ll soon get used to the new reality, calm down and the problem of “the child does not want to school” will disappear by itself!
Author – Dasha Blinova, site ToKnow365.top
The child does not want to school: how to motivate preschooler for school