Today women’s site “ToKnow365.top” talk on the subject of sexually transmitted infections (abbreviated as STI). This issue, and so quite relevant, becomes especially important when we are talking about STIs in pregnancy. In today’s article you will learn what infections belong to this group, which should be particularly wary of future mummies and how to avoid infection.
How to diagnose STIs during pregnancy?
Infection of STIs is most often associated with early sexual life, frequent change of sexual partners, lack of condom use.
As the name implies, these diseases are transmitted from person to person mainly through sexual contact. Nonsexual transmission of infection (through contaminated hands, objects of everyday life) is extremely rare.
Hepatitis viruses b, C and HIV can be transmitted through blood, contaminated medical instruments, needles, personal hygiene items.
In the diagnosis of STIs in pregnancy is the most crucial step is to take the material for laboratory research.
- For the PCR method is taken scrapings from the urethra and cervical canal. Using this method to identify chlamydia, Ureaplasma, Mycoplasma, Gardnerella, viruses, gonococcus. The study of the DNA of the pathogen in the material increases hundreds of times.
- Material for the study by ELISA (detection of antibodies to infectious agents) to blood serum. The taking of blood for STIs during pregnancy is conducted in the morning on an empty stomach. If the results of the analysis you present the IgA, this suggests the presence of infection in the body, and IgG indicates a long disease. This method determines mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia, cytomegalovirus, herpes infection.
- The diagnosis of gonorrhea put the detection of the gonococcus using microscopy. During pregnancy preventive screening for gonorrhea is carried out three times (swab, gn), then according to the testimony.
Blood from a vein for STIs during pregnancy women pass several times. For syphilis and hepatitis b, the blood is taken 3 times per pregnancy, for HIV — 2.
What other tests should pass, if you are planning pregnancy in the near future, we are told in this article.
What is the danger of STIs during pregnancy?
On the website sympaty.net will tell you about the most common STIs that are dangerous during pregnancy, which can lead to complications in women, the fetus or the newborn baby.
- Gonorrhea in women is slow, often as a mixed infection. If the infection occurred during pregnancy, the disease proceeds rapidly — the woman suffers from cramps during urination, abundant corroding whiter. Gonococcal infection during pregnancy may cause septic abortion, premature rupture of membranes and puerperal fever. Gonorrhea can be transmitted to the newborn during childbirth affects eyes, vulva, rectum.
- Syphilis is a very insidious disease that can cause miscarriages and stillbirth. Syphilis is transmitted in utero from sick woman to fetus (congenital syphilis).
- Genital herpes (HSV type II) is very dangerous when infected during pregnancy. Can cause miscarriages and premature births. Most often the child becomes infected with HSV during delivery if lesions in the genital tract of the mother. Therefore, the presence of active process of herpes infection is one of the indications for cesarean delivery.
- Trichomoniasis in pregnant women multifocal disease affects the urethra, often the bladder, vulva, vagina, and rectum, the probability of development of Trichomonas endometritis, which can occur spontaneous miscarriage.
- Chlamydia during pregnancy can occur spontaneous miscarriage, premature birth, polyhydramnios, endometritis, inflammation of the membranes of the fetus. Chlamydial infection leads to postpartum complications postpartum endometritis. The neonatal infection may occur in two ways – in utero and during the passage of the newborn through infected with chlamydia the birth canal of the mother. As a result, the baby is possible chlamydial conjunctivitis and pneumonia.
- Mycoplasmosis and ureaplasmosis. The most dangerous for human Mycoplasma genitalium and Ureaplasma past. Often, mycoplasmosis and ureaplasmosis asymptomatic, and the woman may not even be aware that infected until the exam analysis. Many doctors believe urogenital mycoplasmas opportunistic microflora and treat them with specific complaints of patients for infertility and miscarriage. However, high levels of Ureaplasma in pregnant women is a risk factor for the development of inflammation of fetal membranes and premature birth. So not worth the risk and it is better to treat the disease.
In identifying the clinical manifestations of the carrier or doctor provides treatment pregnant.
The treatment of STI detected during pregnancy should be complex stage, given the physiological evidence.
In any case be self-medicate and to appoint a drugs that you read on the Internet or that helped a friend for aid, you must contact your gynecologist.
In the preparatory phase of treatment of STIs use candles Viferon, Genferon ® to enhance immunity. Locally assigned vaginal suppositories.
Antibiotic therapy usually begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy, if there is no indication to start urgent treatment.
An important condition for the treatment of all types of STIs diagnosed during pregnancy, is the simultaneous treatment of sexual partners, sexual rest or the use of condoms for the entire course of treatment.
To avoid complications of STIs during pregnancy, the expectant mother must be able to pass all prescribed tests, to follow his guidance and, of course, carefully and responsibly to their health and sex life.
The author – Svetlana Shevnina, site ToKnow365.top
The dangers and treatment of STIs during pregnancy?