Having had simple designs on the feet: blue “veins” pale-violet “stars”, strange “bumps” in intimate places, — the future mum is lost and does not know what it is and how dangerous is it in her situation? Do not be afraid! Just veins your body was weak in some places.
“Where thin, there and tear”, we have to say about varicose veins during pregnancy, the visible symptoms of which are the “veins, spider veins and bumps” on the legs and genitals.
Today on the website “ToKnow365.top” we will try to understand the basic questions:
- Why pregnancy refers to the factors that cause varicose veins?
- How are birth, if detected varicose veins labia during pregnancy?
- Methods of treatment of this disease during pregnancy.
- Gone is the “patterns” after birth?
- How to prevent the appearance of varicose veins?
Causes of varicose veins during pregnancy
All our body is the veins. The blood moves along them towards the heart. Help flow the walls of the veins that contain the muscle fibers. Large veins are interlinked valves, which do not let the blood back in.
Varicose veins during pregnancy can be noticed legs, genitals and anus. Hemorrhoids is nothing like varicose veins.
That affects the veins during pregnancy?
Hormonal changes — relaxin
The walls of the veins become less elastic. This is due to the fact that the body begins to increase the amount of relaxin. This substance prepares the uterine muscles for childbirth – relaxing for her.
But there is a relaxin not only on the walls of the uterus, but other organs that contain muscle fibers. Under its influence fall as the walls of the veins. The muscle fibers of vein walls under the influence of relaxin is also thinner, wriggled, stretched — stop to keep form.
As a result of these changes, the blood ceases to move upward (the muscle fibers of vein little work), begins to stagnate, and veins begin to tear. On his feet we see subcutaneous rupture of blood vessels, which stagnated the blood, and burst the wall.
Thus, varicose veins in pregnancy legs is formed due to stagnation of blood in the veins, which can not withstand the pressure and burst.
Varicose veins labia during pregnancy arises from the fact that the vein starts to pressure the growing uterus. It compresses the veins, blood stops moving – in the region of the labia appear seal in the form of cones, blue veins and become larger, grow and begin to bulge above the skin.
Pregnant feels perineal pain, which can be very strong as well as discomfort during intercourse and walking.
The predisposition of the placenta
Another causes of varicose veins of the labia and groin – low location of the placenta, which also affects the blood flow in the veins. From placenta through the umbilical vein to the fetal blood gets into the venous flow, which moves to the Vena cava. At low location of the placenta the umbilical Vienna squeezed that disrupts the bloodstream.
Formed varicose veins labia during pregnancy.
You should also consider that veins during pregnancy becomes harder to perform its tasks due to increased blood volume in the body that needs to be pumped. On the veins increases the load that can also be one of the causes of varicose veins during pregnancy.
Predispose to this disease is also hereditary, long stay on his feet during standing work, and sedentary work.
Forms of varicose veins
There are simple and complicated forms of varicose disease.
- This files most often during pregnancy appears varicose veins a simple form. Disease manifests itself by the formation of patterns of thinning of the veins in the legs and knobs, and thick veins in intimate areas. After delivery the varicose veins is in itself.
- For complicated forms of varicose disease is characterized by the formation of blood clots – blood clots. This form of varicose veins dangerous in pregnancy – cut off the blood clot can clog a vein.
For diagnosis pregnant visiting vascular surgeon and gynaecologist who if necessary can refer the woman for an ultrasound of the veins or doplerometriya.
Diagnosis helps to know how fast blood flows in the veins, whether there is impaired blood flow, if there is a violation, that is determined by the degree of danger – are not affected if the varicose veins deep veins?
Treatment of varicose veins during pregnancy
20 – 50 % of women have their first encounter with varicose veins in pregnancy, with 5-10% of cases, the problem extends to the intimate area.
Treatment of varicose during pregnancy in most cases is a conservative method. Your doctor may prescribe medications that thin out the blood, tone and nourish the walls of the veins, prevent the adhesion of blood clots, swelling. It could be the caffeine, aescusan, glivenol. Release them in the form of gels, tablets and creams.
Selects and assigns treatment of varicose veins only a doctor, given the gestation, the composition of the drug and the condition of the veins.
- In addition to the drugs recommend additional intake of vitamins C and PP, and also calcium supplements.
- In the simple form of the disease do several times a day to take a horizontal body position with elevation of the legs to improve blood flow in the veins.
- Definitely pregnant with the problematic veins prescribed to wear compression stockings or tights.
- Do not RUB the skin, where through the vein and massaging the feet.
Injection of drugs into convex vein for blood thinners — sclerotherapy and surgical operations are carried out only in extreme cases.
Varicose veins during pregnancy: how to give birth?
How to give birth varicose veins – having a C-section or give birth unassisted – solve gynecologist and a vascular surgeon who assesses the condition of the pregnant woman.
- In a simple form of varicose veins of the legs woman gives birth most often myself.
- If there are varices of the genital organs, the mother may be referred to a cesarean section.
Childbirth varicose veins on the legs
The first changes for varicose veins on the legs can be seen in the region of the leg and thigh veins in these areas are made of elastic, there is a feeling as if something is crawling on the skin. Next, there is a heaviness and swelling in the legs, rapid fatigue, tingling and burning sensation in ankle. The veins start to swell and protrude above the skin – all symptoms of varicose on the legs a simple form.
- Births in this form of varicose veins are in a natural way. The only condition is to give birth you will be wearing compression stockings that squeeze the veins. Definitely need to take a blood clotting.
- In complicated form prescribed cesarean section because during labor there is a risk of a blood clot separation. He can get into the pulmonary artery and clog it, which leads to death.
Childbirth varicose veins genital
Before on the genitals will appear obvious signs of varicose veins – the swollen veins and small knots – a woman may notice swelling of the labia and feel the pain in the groin and perineum. These feelings are exacerbated during defecation, after a long stay on his feet. Appearing nodules interfere to move, bring discomfort during intercourse.
A pregnant woman with varicose veins of the genital organs are interested in the question whether it is possible natural childbirth in this diagnosis or is it this disease is a direct indication for cesarean section?
Doctors say that varicose veins crotch pregnancy is not a direct indication for surgery, however, there are cases when a woman is referred for a caesarean section.
The choice of way how to give birth with varicose veins of the genital organs, depends on the size of the swollen veins and their location.
- If the veins are arranged so that, if necessary, to make an incision of the perineum during childbirth, they will be hurt – the woman sent to Caesar.
- Also sent to Caesar for large compacted veins, as they may burst with vain attempts.
Pregnant women are prone to varicose veins, you should follow these preventive measures:
- It is necessary to wear compression underwear. Female site sympaty.net advised to give preference to linen: stockings and tights, in contrast to the elastic bandage, which is also recommended to use for varicose veins, support and evenly against the walls of the veins throughout the leg, not in a particular area. Besides, you can choose linen of different degrees of compression: minimum, average and maximum.
It is important to follow the rules of wearing compression stockings:
- Several times a day, make it a rule to rest with raised legs.
- At night put under foot cushion or pillow. The legs should be in a slightly raised position.
- To improve blood circulation you have to sleep on your left side.
- Avoid hot baths, contrast shower and cold compresses are very useful for prevention of this disease.
After delivery the varicose veins is: “patterns” on the feet, and thickened veins in the groin should gradually disappear. If the problem persists, contact your doctor.
The author — Julia Spiridonova, site ToKnow365.top
Varicose veins during pregnancy: what to do?