Signs to the wedding as old as the world. They believe and follow many generations of brides and grooms, and are likely to follow on. After all, the observance of simple rituals allows the young to gain confidence that their family life will be happy. And is this not the most important thing in the wedding day! In this article we will tell you about the most popular wedding superstitions, who believed our grandmothers, and which appeared relatively recently.
For centuries, marriage was considered an important Holy ritual. It was preceded by the bride and the courtship that was conducted in certain scenarios. And on the wedding day to make set of specific actions required and the groom and the bride.
Wedding superstitions and traditions have the same goal — to enlist the support of Luck or Higher powers, so for many years to settle happiness and prosperity in the young family. How effectively the observance of the wedding rituals, it is difficult to judge. But it does not matter. As long as you believe that they will help you. And your marriage will be truly happy and strong!
Vintage wedding superstitions and omens
The age of these will dates back several centuries.
- If your wedding day rains, it portends well-being of a young family.
- For family happiness, the bride should cry on her wedding day.
- After the departure of the bride to the wedding, the floors in the building need to wash that girl never returned to live in the parents ‘ home.
- To the place of wedding or registration cannot be reached on a straight road. To fool the evil spirits, choose ornate routes and detours. Scare off evil honking and loud shouts of the friends of the young.
- To family life was a long way for the young to the altar it is impossible to cross. To avoid this help witnesses who are slightly ahead of the bride and groom.
- Before and immediately after the wedding don’t let anyone stand in front of the groom or the bride at the mirror. Close the reflection of a stranger heralds treason.
- As a gift it is impossible to convey to young Cutlery (forks and knives): the family relations will not be smooth. Still can not give a clock and a calendar so you will make family life short. If the bride’s mother was happily married, she needs to give her daughter a family heirloom, to bring in the young family well-being.
- To avoid the evil eye, you need to pin on wedding dresses pin heads down. The bride — hem dress from within, the groom — the boutonniere. Pins should not be visible to others.
- To bring good luck in family life will help old shoes. The bride should wear to a wedding or worn shoes, or the day before the wedding to wear new shoes.
- After the ceremony, you should put young on a bench, so nothing was shared. Under his feet lay a fur coat — you make the family rich.
- Put pillows on the marriage bed must be close to pillow contact. This heralds a chorus of life of the spouses.
Modern wedding omens and superstitions
Wedding superstitions and traditions of recent years, adapted to modern life. Some of them originated from ancient superstitions.
- Heel, broken on the wedding day, heralds a “lame” family life.
- If the bride will wear earrings a married friend, a young wife is happily married.
- Not to wear to a wedding green dress.
- Mother of the bride and groom should wear dresses, not pantsuits. The latter may bring the imminent breakup of the young.
- It is impossible to melt down wedding rings parents. It is better to buy new, and the bride and groom need to do this together that will bring a friendly family life.
- To give a measure of the wedding ring is prohibited, as well as wedding outfits. On accept, this will be the cause of frequent quarrels in the family.
- If before a registry office the couple will split in half and eat candy, their life will be sweet. A look in the mirror after the ceremony to a happy marriage.
- After returning from the registry office, the couple have three to go around the holiday table, this time from senior members of both families will say compliments to girls. This ritual symbolizes eternal bond of the newlyweds.
The most pleasant wedding superstitions and traditions
- Impossible to photograph on the wedding day the bride and groom separately. This — for an early break.
- The best time to marry, ” the afternoon that will bring a young family good luck and longevity.
- To cross the threshold of the house after the wedding should the bride and groom on hand. This means that the husband will always especially appreciate his wife.
Whether to believe in wedding superstitions or not — your business. Perhaps we should believe in the most pleasant and bad things about just to forget. After all, the happiness of family life depends not on what rituals you observe on the wedding day. And how respectful are your relations to each other. And what will be your mental attitude. It is positive? Then you will have a long and happy life!
Wedding superstitions and traditions that will make your marriage happy!