Correspondence courses in high school has long attracted many who want to get the coveted diploma. However, there is a lot of prejudice against “zaochki” — say, too easy way, at least qualitative knowledge, problems with employment, etc. because Of this, almost every applicant thinks, whether to study by correspondence.
Original women’s website “ToKnow365.top” tried to separate outdated myths about correspondence courses from the modern reality!
The arguments in favor of distance learning at the University
What is the correspondence form of training attracts young people?
- The opportunity to get an education and work simultaneously. Undoubtedly, this is a plus: student may before graduation to become financially independent from their parents by a man, or get a salary to help pay “contract” training. But there is another positive aspect – working student gets practical experience, while the “day” students bone up the theory! It is worth to study by correspondence! The experience is especially great if we are talking about creative occupations and modern professions, where innovations appear very rapidly in real work activities are of greater importance than fundamental knowledge. For example, practical experience is indispensable in areas such as PR and advertising, programming, marketing, design, etc.
- The opportunity to not spend a lot of time on items which are not especially important for mastering the profession. Similar items are everywhere, and it is a shame to spend many hours to attend the lectures, which are unlikely to be useful for the business. And the student have the opportunity to take such items without sitting pants vapor!
- The opportunity to receive a speciality, which is not taught in the Universities of your hometown. Not everyone has the ability (including financial) to 5 years to move to another town and live there during the daytime only. But two or three trips a year to the session – a more viable option for many students and their parents.
- The opportunity to study at two Universities at the same time! Yes, some young people decide to take this option to receive two higher education not for 8-10 years, and 5! Of course, this requires some effort and enthusiasm, but there are those who successfully did it!
These are all significant arguments in favor of the fact that it is worth to study by correspondence!
Of course, there are difficulties that need to know, doing correspondence courses!
- “Zaochka” — for responsible people who are willing to gain knowledge by yourself! The fact that during the session on lectures given a few hours, does not always mean that you for those few hours will teach everything you need! Be mentally prepared for the fact that passing examinations and writing control and course works, you’ll have plenty to work independently between sessions: read the literature, surf the Internet, etc.
- If you have decided that you should study at a distance, objectively assess whether you are satisfied with the level of knowledge and skills in the profession that you can provide specific school and faculty for correspondence courses? Sometimes “part-time” are unhappy with those people who were enrolled in educational institutions for deep extensive knowledge. But if your main goal is to get a “crust” with a minimum of hassle, then distance learning may be your best option!
- It is hardly necessary to study by correspondence, if you dream about a serious scientific career.
- “Zaochka” — not the best option for those occupations that require a deep and serious knowledge and skills, which is not exactly possess on-the-go. For example, fields associated with medicine, chemistry, physics, etc.
- If you along with learning not working on a specialty, you may not have enough practical skills in the profession – as a rule, students do not happen in production practices during the study.
Some myths about whether or not to study by correspondence
But in addition to objective realities, the decades, retold by word of mouth the myths about distance learning that do not always correspond to modern reality. Unfortunately, many students and their parents are paying for these myths too much attention, when deciding whether to study by correspondence…
As you can see, there are enough advantages that can give a positive answer to the question of whether to study by correspondence.
Author – Dasha Blinova, site ToKnow365.top
Whether to study by correspondence: the advantages and disadvantages of distance learning