You finished College and looking for work, but suitable employment options in the profile does not come across? Or quit with the boring boring work and want to try yourself in something else? Maybe you’ve always wanted to learn a new area of activity? Then one way out – to get a job not in the specialty! It’s not as difficult as it seems, and you can claim success! How to achieve this – tell ToKnow365.top!
Is it worth it to try if you never before was not engaged?
The bird was made to fly, fish to swim, and you… is for one activity that taught you in high school? Of course not!
Psychologists have developed many tests to help career guidance.
So passing any of them, you’ll never get as a result of a specific response “to Be your house painter-plasterer”.
All the profession is divided into groups: “Working with people”, “art”, “Working with an iconic system”, “Work with nature”, etc.
With the full result of the tests think not one group of professions, and 2-3, because many professions combine different items of work – for example, the actor is working with people, and with the artistic way the writer and artistic way, and with symbolic system (letters of text), etc.
Can pass such a test, if you do not know what specific work is not their specialty I would like to do, and can stop and think about what you are inclined – do you consider yourself a “humanist” or “technician”, have managerial ambitions or are you safer to be dominated, would like to become a freelancer, having the opportunity to build a work schedule, or you want without much ADO to come into the office from 9 to 5?
Maybe you have a hobby that you can turn into a source of income? ( For information on how to make money on a hobby website sympaty.net already wrote)
The main thing – to have desire to learn a new professionand knowledge and skills it is possible to always go on courses, undergo training, study the literature of the subject, to find an experienced person who will agree to teach you, etc.
Profession for which you don’t need a degree
The first thing that comes to mind when talking about the work not on a speciality, where you never taught? Janitor, porter, housekeeper?
The answer would have been relevant 20 years ago, but now, this sad list is supplemented by a very interesting, well-paid, in-demand professions!
For example, work on a specialty can be associated with creativity: web designer, photographer, copywriter (lyricist), organizer of mass events… Not to say that this is never taught – it’s clear that some preparation is needed.
However, when applying for these positions will ask at first about the diploma!
If the employer likes your portfolio (understand by the word “presentation set” of examples of your work – for example, your photos made by you of the sites published under your name texts, etc.), he will be completely indifferent, where did you learn this skill at home for the tutorial or on expensive courses!
Therefore, a very important step for employment on such work on a specialty – to make a good portfolio, and the most revealing of your talents. To do this first, sometimes you need to go to do something very cheap or even free (for example, to publish your essay on a free website, make free a beautiful photo shoot to a friend, etc.).
But the result will be examples of work, and at the same time you can ask your first customers to write you a written recommendation for future employers.
Another option to work on a specialty – profession that you can learn “on the spot”, having an internship or probation period, combined with training.
For example, often hire merchandisers, sales consultants, operators, computer animators at children’s parties, etc. Sometimes the internship take several candidates for the vacant working place: then your goal is to show the best result of what you learn, and in any case not lie in the job interview that you can do it!
Substitutes for special education?
You know what work not in the specialty would like to do, but I understand that the existing knowledge and skills for employment is not enough.
Where to buy the missing skills?
- Retraining courses, professional courses. As a rule, to find such courses is not a problem. For a few months several classes per week you will get real professional knowledge and skills, supplemented with a document of completion (it may be a weighty argument in employment). However, before to become the student, to clarify – does the course on the job training “from scratch” or is it about retraining on the basis of any formation (for example, the course “logistics” on the basis of economic education)?
- The self-study. Books. So, for example, it is possible to learn a certain computer program, and you can already call himself a designer, a 3D graphics editor or desktop publishing, or computer programmer in Java… But to be completely confident in their abilities, a good idea to combine “book” self-study with practice, and the advice of knowledgeable in this case a specialist does not hurt!
- “Reconnaissance”. You can try immediately to do the… selected work not on a speciality! Not to get a good job with high salary and to practice to figure what and how. When you understand figured out with the new job – quit and look for a more promising options with a little experience! For example, before becoming a fashion photographer, which is recorded on a photo shoot for six months, to work in a simple photo Studio, snapping people’s “passport” — understand how to set light, how to handle equipment, how to edit pictures in photoshop, etc.
How to prove to the employer that you are capable of performing this work without having the “crust”?
You have mastered the basics of their chosen profession and feeling like the coolest pros in the world, going to a job interview.
And that may be for the employer’s argument, proving that you are able to work in my profession?
- Examples of work, portfolio. Unless, of course, this profession involves the results that you can feel with your hands, put on the table of the employer or to throw off from a flash drive on his computer.
- Written recommendations from former employers or clients.
- Your story about the experience of such activities, even if the experience was unpaid. For example, getting a job on a speciality “the Governess”, but not having a diploma educator, you should indicate that you’ve raised their own two children, going to work as a seamstress, tell me all the outfits for yourself and loved ones you always sew by myself, etc.
- Ability to discuss professional topics, fluency vocabulary.
- Promise to get an education in this specialty in parallel with the work – for example, to finish a correspondence course vocational school or University.
- The execution of the test job. Sometimes it is a necessary condition when applying for a job, but you can offer it to the employer itself, if you see that an interview has not made him a due impression.
Work on a specialty – does not necessarily uninteresting unskilled labor, which are only for a piece of bread.
So you can find the second (or third, or fourth…) calling, the thing that really will like!
Ever try to work not on a speciality worth of every person – then at least to expand your horizons of life!
Author – Dasha Blinova, site ToKnow365.top
Work not in the specialty: how to expand your horizons